Drivers Licence written exam

General topics related to Living in Chile
Anky

Re: Drivers Licence written exam

Post by Anky » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:47 am

Hi,
At46, Could you please upload the file again. I have my exams this week and unable to access this link as well.. would appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:39 pm

davidl wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:29 pm
Thank you so much. It saved me a lot of time with this QA file before preparing for my 2nd wirttentest. I finally passed the wirtten exam. Now I got the Drive Licence. Thank you at46! Also thanks for someone who produced the file years ago.
There are still have something need to be memorised for me. And it's easy to make mistakes.
Just add something to this QA is that the tester need to keep below content in mind. if I kept it in memory well, I wouldn't miss the 1st written test.

Traffic accidents are one of the main causes of premature death in children in Latin America and Caribbean countries. In
Chile, during the last decade, 760 children and adolescents under 12 years of age died -49% of them died as passenger
in a vehicle in a traffic accident- and 49.500 were injured.
To reduce risks of injuries, it is necessary to use Child Restraint Systems (CRS), appropriate to the weight, height and age
of the child that is going to be transported.
Since 2006, the transport of children in CRS is mandatory. Nonetheless, starting march 2016, these requirements were
increased, banning the transport of children under 12 years of age in the front passenger seat (except for single-cab cars),
hence making it an obligation for children under 12 to travel on the back seats using a CRS appropriate to their weight,
height and age, or just the seatbelt if this one fits the child properly.
Moreover, since march 2017 Traffic Law mandates vehicle drivers to transport in a CRS all minors up to 8 years of age
inclusive (meaning until they turn 9), or of a height lower or equal to 135 centimeters and a weight of 33 kilos or less.
This requirement is mandatory for private vehicles, exempt of this obligation are public transport, school transport and
vehicles of similar characteristics.
Noncompliance with these regulations is sanctioned as a severe traffic violation, which carries a fine to pay of 1.5 to 3
UTM and a driver’s license suspension of 5 to 45 days.
Interesting, mind you they can mandate and make all the laws they like, that still doesn't stop stupidity. The amount of unrestrained kids I see in vehicles in Chile is unbelievable, I dont know why, its not that they dont care about their kids, but if they really cared for them they would protect them in autos I would have thought.
I genuinely struggle to understand the mentality of many parents here , many times I've seen kids hanging out windows and standing up in the back seats, it's a total lack of basic understanding of what is the right thing to do and ignorance in the extreme in Chile. I remember when the child seat laws came in a few years ago, the comments on social media were that it was a ploy by he carseat manufacturers to sell more seats 🤦‍♂️🤣. Hopefully the kids will not be as stupid as their parents in years to come.
“Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”

at46

Post by at46 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Anky wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:47 am
Hi,
At46, Could you please upload the file again. I have my exams this week and unable to access this link as well.. would appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance.
https://ufile.io/8fxvxp9u Suerte!

sunil

Post by sunil » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:43 pm

Hi there At46, yes I'm about to do the theoretical test too, and would really appreciate getting a copy of the English practice questions you've kindly been posting over the past year for others...... if you could possibly repost I'd be very grateful.
Thanks in advance from Puerto Varas!

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:45 pm

You can find everything you need with a quick google search. There are several websites with practice tests with all the questions from the test bank used for the exam.

sunil

Post by sunil » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Thanks GAminer. What you say is certainly true for the practice tests in Spanish, but I couldn't find anything like that for practice tests in English, which is what I'm looking for, given I can and will set the test in English. All I could find was the New Driver's Handbook in English, and the cram site which doesn't actually do practice questions.
That said, if you are better at a "quick google search" than me, to the extent that you really have found "several websites with practice tests" and they're in English, I'd very much welcome a pointer to one or more......
Cheers

Ashk

Post by Ashk » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi,

At46, Could you please upload the file again. I am getting the error that the Link has been expired.. would appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance.

sunil

Post by sunil » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:36 am

Hi folks - having not received an updated link for the translated questions, I actually read the whole 165 page english version of the new driver's manual (available from the CONAF website), and though it took a while, it was worth it (as I know all the road rules now!), and sat the exam and passed!
Most of the questions were common sense anyway, but there were definitely some which I wouldn't have got right if I hadn't read the manual, and there was also one which I got wrong and am not even sure that the "correct"answer was right (you get to review your incorrect answers at the end).
But anyway, you have 45 mins, it took about 12mins to answer everything, even when stopping to think through a couple of them. The guy overseeing the tests was playing heavy metal, so that was the background for the test!
But just wanted to provide an assurance that if you read the manual, it's easy to pass. And since they use a pool of 850 questions, learning all of those is perhaps not going to be a quicker way to get yourself through than reading the manual anyway.....
Cheers
Sunil