Drivers Licence written exam

General topics related to Living in Chile
okemillett

Drivers Licence written exam

Post by okemillett » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:15 pm

Hello all,

I am finally breaking down and getting legal with my Drivers Licence. There used to be an article that had the drivers licence written exam sample questions (in English) - but for the life of me I can't find it.

Do one of the forum members have a link to this resource, or can point me in the right direction? My test is tomorrow - and while I have read the book, I would like to try the sample test.

Thanks in advance!

-Oke in El Quisco

Donnybrook

Re: Drivers Licence written exam

Post by Donnybrook » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:32 pm

All I can tell you that f you get one of the questions (randomly selected) which asks about corduroy, it is a bad translation of pana = broken down. Adjust accordingly.

okemillett

Post by okemillett » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:36 pm

I found a site online (crosan) that I think is the company who is the subcontractor who does the tests, and they post 35 question sample tests. Using google translate, I have been able to practice. And yes, the translations are...

entertaining.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:38 pm

I think it is New Driver's Handbook
https://www.conaset.cl/manuales/

at46

Post by at46 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:09 pm

I've uploaded the English version of the Chilean driver licence questions and answers etc. https://ufile.io/ha9ni

okemillett

Post by okemillett » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:30 am

FWIW - here was my experience. Test taken Feb 28th, at the El Quisco municipal office. Did the standard 3-toy test with the reflexes, the strange handlebars, and the poking of the spinning circle. Had the eyesight & hearing tests, and a perfunctory medical questionnaire. ("Do you have any illnesses? No? OK.")

Then it came time for the exam. I had done the crosan sample tests about 10 times in preparation, and skimmed the manual. I think they have recently updated the exam.

- The questions were nearly all the same as the practice ones at crosan - but there were some differences.
- All questions now have only 3 choices, and only one is right. So if you are good at multiple choice exams, you can probably pass this without any difficulty at all. (The practice test has many questions that are 'select all statements that are true' so it can be more difficult.)
- 3 questions are worth double points. The total test is out of 38, there are 35 questions, and you need to get 31 points to pass.
- The translations to English have improved somewhat.
- The questions are largely sensible, although some of them are rather silly. 'Jumping out of a 2nd story window has the same impact more or less, as having an accident at what speed?' (In the book, there is a chart that shows this.) How this tests to see if you're a good driver I have no idea. I suppose it does test if you read the book in detail and thought it was important to know the graphic...

Anyways - passed with 37/38, easy peasy. I have to go back for the practical, but the worst of the hurdles have been passed.

okemillett

Post by okemillett » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:36 am

at46 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:09 pm
I've uploaded the English version of the Chilean driver licence questions and answers etc.
Thanks - I can confirm that this list appears to still be mostly current. Almost all the questions I had on the exam were from this document. Although now the test only offers three choices to each question, and there is only one correct answer - so it is now even easier.

davidl

Post by davidl » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:42 pm

at46 wrote:
I've uploaded the English version of the Chilean driver licence questions and answers etc.
Hi At46, the information in posts is very helpful. But I cann't find it in the link.
Could you update it again? I'm going to have a test soon. Thanks!

davidl

Post by davidl » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:43 pm

at46 wrote:
Hi At46, the information in posts is very helpful. But I cann't find it in the link.
Could you update it again? I'm going to have a test soon. Thanks!v

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:22 pm

davidl wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:43 pm
at46 wrote:
Could you update it again? I'm going to have a test soon. Thanks!v
Here you go. https://ufile.io/8m00u Keep in mind this version is from like five years ago. But I don't think they changed much.

davidl

Post by davidl » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Thank you so much. It saved me a lot of time with this QA file before preparing for my 2nd wirttentest. I finally passed the wirtten exam. Now I got the Drive Licence. Thank you at46! Also thanks for someone who produced the file years ago.
There are still have something need to be memorised for me. And it's easy to make mistakes.
Just add something to this QA is that the tester need to keep below content in mind. if I kept it in memory well, I wouldn't miss the 1st written test.

Traffic accidents are one of the main causes of premature death in children in Latin America and Caribbean countries. In
Chile, during the last decade, 760 children and adolescents under 12 years of age died -49% of them died as passenger
in a vehicle in a traffic accident- and 49.500 were injured.
To reduce risks of injuries, it is necessary to use Child Restraint Systems (CRS), appropriate to the weight, height and age
of the child that is going to be transported.
Since 2006, the transport of children in CRS is mandatory. Nonetheless, starting march 2016, these requirements were
increased, banning the transport of children under 12 years of age in the front passenger seat (except for single-cab cars),
hence making it an obligation for children under 12 to travel on the back seats using a CRS appropriate to their weight,
height and age, or just the seatbelt if this one fits the child properly.
Moreover, since march 2017 Traffic Law mandates vehicle drivers to transport in a CRS all minors up to 8 years of age
inclusive (meaning until they turn 9), or of a height lower or equal to 135 centimeters and a weight of 33 kilos or less.
This requirement is mandatory for private vehicles, exempt of this obligation are public transport, school transport and
vehicles of similar characteristics.
Noncompliance with these regulations is sanctioned as a severe traffic violation, which carries a fine to pay of 1.5 to 3
UTM and a driver’s license suspension of 5 to 45 days.

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:07 pm

davidl wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:29 pm
Thank you so much. It saved me a lot of time with this QA file before preparing for my 2nd wirttentest. I finally passed the wirtten exam. Now I got the Drive Licence. Thank you at46! Also thanks for someone who produced the file years ago.
There are still have something need to be memorised for me. And it's easy to make mistakes.
Just add something to this QA is that the tester need to keep below content in mind. if I kept it in memory well, I wouldn't miss the 1st written test.

Traffic accidents are one of the main causes of premature death in children in Latin America and Caribbean countries. In
Chile, during the last decade, 760 children and adolescents under 12 years of age died -49% of them died as passenger
in a vehicle in a traffic accident- and 49.500 were injured.
To reduce risks of injuries, it is necessary to use Child Restraint Systems (CRS), appropriate to the weight, height and age
of the child that is going to be transported.
Since 2006, the transport of children in CRS is mandatory. Nonetheless, starting march 2016, these requirements were
increased, banning the transport of children under 12 years of age in the front passenger seat (except for single-cab cars),
hence making it an obligation for children under 12 to travel on the back seats using a CRS appropriate to their weight,
height and age, or just the seatbelt if this one fits the child properly.
Moreover, since march 2017 Traffic Law mandates vehicle drivers to transport in a CRS all minors up to 8 years of age
inclusive (meaning until they turn 9), or of a height lower or equal to 135 centimeters and a weight of 33 kilos or less.
This requirement is mandatory for private vehicles, exempt of this obligation are public transport, school transport and
vehicles of similar characteristics.
Noncompliance with these regulations is sanctioned as a severe traffic violation, which carries a fine to pay of 1.5 to 3
UTM and a driver’s license suspension of 5 to 45 days.
Congrats! When I was preparing for it, I first practiced in English but when I got a bit more proficient with the answers I switched to Spanish. It was hard but I gotta say it was probably the most useful thing for me in terms of forcing myself to learn Spanish. And when I took the written exam in Spanish and passed it from the first go, oh boy, I was so proud of myself :)