Where can I find all year Sunniest and Warmest area in Chile.

General topics related to Living in Chile
Sunsea

Re: Where can I find all year Sunniest and Warmest area in Chile.

Post by Sunsea » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:08 pm

They are not tropical papayas and cannot be eaten raw. They also have them, strangely, in Arequipa. Google papaya chilena or papaya arequipeña.

No large coconuts are grown in Chile. The climate is mediterranean not tropical. The native Chilean palm provides a "honey" and coquitos, tiny little "coconuts".
According to this site the tropical p. Carica does grow in the illoco region. chile flora dot com

Thought I seen coconut trees along the shores of northern chile near Arica online pics. Can't find them at the moment

Sunsea

Post by Sunsea » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:50 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:08 pm

They are not tropical papayas and cannot be eaten raw. They also have them, strangely, in Arequipa. Google papaya chilena or papaya arequipeña.

No large coconuts are grown in Chile. The climate is mediterranean not tropical. The native Chilean palm provides a "honey" and coquitos, tiny little "coconuts".
According to this site the tropical p. Carica does grow in the illoco region. chile flora dot com

Thought I seen coconut trees along the shores of northern chile near Arica online pics. Can't find them at the moment

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:08 pm

the part of Chile that is sunny and dry and never gets cold is situated in Peru, Ecuador, Colombia or Nicaraugua.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:29 pm

On a warm, sunny day you can pretend as cocos and papayas from further north are frequently available at the ferias, verdulerias and supermarkets.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:58 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:08 pm
the part of Chile that is sunny and dry and never gets cold is situated in Peru, Ecuador, Colombia or Nicaraugua.
Indeed :D I was going to suggest the coast of Ecuador, anywhere between say Playas / Salinas and Montañita / Olon is warm, with coconuts and papayas all year round, fairly practical as in within 3 hours of an international airport... but the OP wanted low humidity and those places are not going to do it for him. I doubt if much of the Peruvian coast or Nicaragua or Colombia would do either. He's being excessively choosy. Oh well...

I miss coconut water, there used be a guy pull up each day behind the office in Guayaquil with a truck and a freezer mounted on the back full of coconuts, he'd hack one open and fill a glass for $1.70 :cry:
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Coconut water, the greener or younger the coco the sweeter the water. Once in el camino en Cuba towards Santiago de Cuba, a lechon asado rustic eating place and young coconut by the roadside what a combo. Once you finish the sweet coco water, have the guy split open the coco and eat the soft Nata de Coco, a delight, you have to try it!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:41 pm

Sunsea wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:21 am
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:42 pm
Sunsea, heard the region depicted as the Tuscany of Chile by hlf2888 may be the place for you.
Thanks but It doesn't specify the region in Chile.
I reckon, is close to Talca+Chillan+Beach 1 hour drive and Andes mountain approx 90 minutes. And I believe the house sits in with 20 plus hectares is for rent. Maybe you should rent it for a few months and test the water if this location is warm enough for you. Hurry, the owner is going back to NA in a few months time. I can broker the deal for you, commission free !

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 pm

>>According to this site the tropical p. Carica does grow in the illoco region. chile flora dot com<<

The carica is the small Chilean papaya I mentioned. It is the large tropical papaya which can be eaten raw which is not grown here. Chilean papaya must be cooked.

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 pm

Donnybrook wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 pm
>>According to this site the tropical p. Carica does grow in the illoco region. chile flora dot com<<

The carica is the small Chilean papaya I mentioned. It is the large tropical papaya which can be eaten raw which is not grown here. Chilean papaya must be cooked.
These are the papayas you need to wear gloves to peel? I remember that :D
Caracas es Caracas. Lo demás es monte y culebra!

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:51 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:41 pm
Sunsea wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Sunsea, heard the region depicted as the Tuscany of Chile by hlf2888 may be the place for you.
I reckon, is close to Talca+Chillan+Beach 1 hour drive and Andes mountain approx 90 minutes. And I believe the house sits in with 20 plus hectares is for rent. Maybe you should rent it for a few months and test the water if this location is warm enough for you. Hurry, the owner is going back to NA in a few months time. I can broker the deal for you, commission free !
Winters are rainy and misty. Winter nights are chilly and require some form of heat. I thought Sunsea wanted warmth all year round. But yes, it is dry here, and usually very sunny.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:32 pm

hlf2888 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:51 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:41 pm
Sunsea wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
I reckon, is close to Chillan+Beach 1 hour drive and Andes mountain approx 90 minutes. And I believe the house sits in with 20 plus hectares is for rent. Maybe you should rent it for a few months and test the water if this location is warm enough for you. Hurry, the owner is going back to NA in a few months time. I can broker the deal for you, commission free !
Winters are rainy and misty. Winter nights are chilly and require some form of heat. I thought Sunsea wanted warmth all year round. But yes, it is dry here, and usually very sunny.
Well, if Sunsea wants year around warmth, he should venture into Brazil. There he can find year around warmth. Even Colombia~Venezuela will do the job no less.

Sunsea

Post by Sunsea » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:25 am

There are coconut trees in Northern Chile so that means papayas shouldn't have a problem there either.