The Pinera administration 2.0

General topics related to Living in Chile
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Pinera administration 2.0

Post by admin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:37 am

On another subject, but perhaps not that far off from the one above, immigration.

I see that the Bachelet administration had the new proposed immigration law kicked to the back burner of congresses priority list. Don't know, how many know this, but the executive branch in Chile has the right to set the priority list for congress. For example, Argentina just invaded Chile. Probably should be discussed sooner rather than later. Bolivia invade Chile, congress can think about it next week. Haiti invades Chile, well, probably something congress should investigate when they get around to it.

So, They passed to Pinera the immigration football; or, hand-grenade. Nothing like forcing the opposing team to play football in a mine field, while passing them a hand grenade, to make an administration unpopular by the time they leave office.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:04 am

admin wrote:
On another subject, but perhaps not that far off from the one above, immigration.

So, They passed to Pinera the immigration football; or, hand-grenade. Nothing like forcing the opposing team to play football in a mine field, while passing them a hand grenade, to make an administration unpopular by the time they leave office.
In the last couple of years, have you heard or read any comments from those associated with Pinera regarding immigration? I asked a couple of people and they had not heard of any proposals to deal with the problem, from the Bachelet government or the opposition.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
That said, I look at ads every day and if one is an experienced 18 wheel truckdriver on inernational routes, you can make 750 to a million++ easy.
Here in Canada without at least a year of experience, or 'pituto', *nobody* will hire you as a truck driver. I believe Chile might be similar.
Jovenes mujeres, you can make 1-3 million if you got the looks and are willing to relocate to the high demand areas of Chile, lodging and other expenses in a luxury air conditioned environment included.
........??

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:13 am

Just quoting ads printed in the local paper. Both have run on and off for months.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:39 am

Yea i think pinera is going to be forced to deal with the immigration law sooner rather than later.

I'm watching this interview last night about the haitens and what they are going through.

At one point they interview the mayor of central santiago, and they have migrant assistence office in the munipality ( yea, it is that big a problem). He says there is a lot of bad information floating around haiti about chile. He has haitiens that land at the airport and go dirct to their office, because they were told in haiti that in chile they give you a free house when you arrive.

Yea, and bachelet has done what to counter that? She has actuelly proposed making that true, along with a bunch of other things that dont exactly discourage uncontrolled migration.

Wait for it. I bet she does a blanket "regularization" of all the illegals before she leaves office, just it will not be for everyone.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:18 am

For those not yet residents who want to try it out, I believe PX wrote of a gringo in his area that became a resident when they did the last geared to Peruvian amnesty demanding that the law must treat everyone the same.

And Charles, what does it take to institute a visa for citizens of a particular country? Just an executive branch order, an order from the Prez? Or more involved than that? Seems the DR one was instituted quietly overnight or it was just my perception as I was not paying close attention.

One of the two airlines doing PAP-SCL is also running additional chartered jets from other airlines. One thread on Flyertalk about a Mongolian MIAT 767 being used for this purpose.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:06 pm

My friends just posted a video of a 6-7 blocks queue to Extranjería in Santiago. They waited for 5 hours just to get their visas stamped (it was expedited). It was like ~30% Haitians and other 70% are just Latin Americans.

I recently saw stats that 35,000 Venezuelans got visas in 2016 and over 10,000 of them had a university degree. If the numbers are the same for other nations, these immigration waves should benefit Chile a lot. Even without degrees, immigrants start more businesses and often bring some capital from their countries.

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:53 am

admin wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:39 am
Yea i think pinera is going to be forced to deal with the immigration law sooner rather than later.

I'm watching this interview last night about the haitens and what they are going through.

At one point they interview the mayor of central santiago, and they have migrant assistence office in the munipality ( yea, it is that big a problem). He says there is a lot of bad information floating around haiti about chile. He has haitiens that land at the airport and go dirct to their office, because they were told in haiti that in chile they give you a free house when you arrive.

Yea, and bachelet has done what to counter that? She has actuelly proposed making that true, along with a bunch of other things that dont exactly discourage uncontrolled migration.

Wait for it. I bet she does a blanket "regularization" of all the illegals before she leaves office, just it will not be for everyone.
They didn't lie.In Chile indeed they do give free houses to foreigners.''Minvu ha otorgado más de 6 mil 700 subsidios habitacionales a familias extranjeras''
http://www.minvu.cl/opensite_det_201712 ... 1222142320

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:23 pm

I think I have quoted this program previously: it offers "bonos" of up to US $30000, depending on the income bracket.

lost gringo

Post by lost gringo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:34 pm

bobserb wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:53 am
They didn't lie.In Chile indeed they do give free houses to foreigners.''Minvu ha otorgado más de 6 mil 700 subsidios habitacionales a familias extranjeras''
They also give free housing to residents. In Chaiten, 90% of the people have free or highly subsidized housing. Subsidios de plata on top of that too. It's nearly impossible to find anyone who will work because of it.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:53 am

Yes, foreigners do qualify for those housing subsidies, but you need to be a permanent resident. The Haiten "tourist" that drops out of the airplane, does not qualify the day they land.

Here Chile Vamos is talking about activating Pinera's proposed immigration bill from 2013. That bill was totally not geared to deal with the current immigration problems. That was drafted several hundred thousands immigrants ago.

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/chile- ... on-pinera/

Read the comments at the bottom. None of them seem very happy with the current immigration situation, and most the hate is direct squarely at the Haitens. Right or Wrong, there is a racial powder keg building and getting ready to blow in this country, if they don't fix the immigration situation.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:40 am

Here is 10 laws, sent to congress under the first Pinera administration, that they want to activate again:

https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 91749.html