General topics related to Living in Chile
Dosedmonkey

Re: The Pinera administration 2.0

Post by Dosedmonkey » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 pm

at46 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:16 pm
Dosedmonkey wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:29 pm
Quite a few British journalists and crew from Russia Today quit when they were told to just repeat lies with no sources on Ukraine after Crimea was invaded.
Those Brits surely found work in America, given how prized that British accent is in American MSM these days :).

And also, if you were a resident of the Crimea in 2014, I'm sure you would have voted to join Russia as well, just like 96.77% of the Crimea residents actually did :)
The referendum was after masked unmarked Russian special forces took over key locations of Crimea and annexed it. You'd be dumb to vote against such a ruthless occupying force.

Not sure if you guys have heard about this ex russian double agent spy, his daughter and a UK policemen are all seriously ill in hospital from some nerve agent administered in a countryside town high street this week.

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 pm
at46 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:16 pm
Dosedmonkey wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:29 pm
Quite a few British journalists and crew from Russia Today quit when they were told to just repeat lies with no sources on Ukraine after Crimea was invaded.
Those Brits surely found work in America, given how prized that British accent is in American MSM these days :).

And also, if you were a resident of the Crimea in 2014, I'm sure you would have voted to join Russia as well, just like 96.77% of the Crimea residents actually did :)
The referendum was after masked unmarked Russian special forces took over key locations of Crimea and annexed it. You'd be dumb to vote against such a ruthless occupying force.
Are you familiar with Wikipedia?

"The results of the survey by the Broadcasting Board of Governors, conducted 21–29 April 2014, showed that 83% of Crimeans felt that the results of the March 16 referendum on Crimea’s status likely reflected the views of most people there. Whereas, this view is shared only by 30% in the rest of Ukraine.

According to the Gallup's survey performed on 21–27 April, 82.8% of Crimean people consider the referendum results reflecting most Crimeans’ views, and 73.9% of Crimeans say Crimea’s becoming part of Russia will make life better for themselves and their families, just 5.5% disagree.

According to survey carried out by Pew Research Center in April 2014, majority of Crimean residents say the referendum was free and fair (91%) and that the government in Kyiv ought to recognize the results of the vote (88%).

A poll of the Crimean public was taken by the Ukrainian branch of Germany's biggest market research organization, GfK, on 16–22 January 2015. According to its results: "Eighty-two percent of those polled said they fully supported Crimea's inclusion in Russia, and another 11 percent expressed partial support. Only 4 percent spoke out against it. ... Fifty-one percent reported their well-being had improved in the past year."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_s ... 14#Results

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Is it just me or is this thread getting off topic?

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:18 pm

As usual with this issue. 😀

“Let’s break all the international laws because polls!”

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Well to get back on subject, the innogeration day is tommorow.

Not sure there has been such an anticipated innogeration since the dictatorship ended.

Last week hired a couple guys with a dump truck to pick up a bunch of construction garbage at my house. Kitchen renovation. I was talking to one of the guys, and he was just giddy jumping up and down that bachelet was almost over pinera was in. Litterly the guy picking up my garbage was more enthusaistic about pinera than i was. Everybody seems to get it, but bachelet and kids.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:24 pm

There you go. Pinera is president of chile.

Bachelet is like "good luck, you are going to need it".

Which president was it that said, chile is fundementaly ungovernable?

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:41 pm

O.k. bachelet, your off the hook.

Now let's make fun of all of pinera's screw-ups.

Maker42

Post by Maker42 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:19 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:24 pm
There you go. Pinera is president of chile.

Bachelet is like "good luck, you are going to need it".

Which president was it that said, chile is fundementaly ungovernable?
To the extent that Chileans are ungovernable, I solute them. "Govern" simply means "Control" through a false justification of voting, and empty promises of protection. The promise of protection from a government is as hilariously false as the promise of protection from a local gang. "Mente" is Latin for mind. Although the etymology doesn't follow this interpretation, the facts on the ground certainly do.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:25 am

"Las prioridades económicas de Piñera en los primeros meses: cambios a la reforma tributaria, reducir el déficit y reactivar la inversión"
http://www.elmostrador.cl/mercados/2018 ... inversion/

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:05 pm

O.k., sorry bachelet i guess we have a few other things to sort out.

Like more than 1 billion dollars more in national deficit that was reported by the former administration.

https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 93007.html

I dont think that is the end of it.

I was kind of aware of this, back a couple of years ago when an atricle in the local news mentioned that pourto montt city alone had over 100 million u.s. in debt pending from the education reform. If they had that much debt, what other cities are sitting on debt from unfunded central goverment mandates?

They hid a large part of the debt they ran up, by pushing it off the central goverment books. I am sure this will not be the last of it.

mem

Post by mem » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:02 am

I am so happy the marxist is out

Was shocked when i saw the marxist STILL making moves internationally in the last few weeks...i thought i was going crazy....then realized the huge gap between election and inauguration

Any predictions on the first and biggest torpedoes pinera will shoot at the marxist legacy we are currently marinating in?

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 am

The first national election I can say that I was glad I was able to vote in hmmmm...perhaps in my life.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat