2017 election: Will you vote?

General topics related to Living in Chile

Will you vote in the 2017 presidential election?

Yes
67%
No
33%
Perhaps
No votes
Did not know I could vote
No votes

Total votes: 9

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: 2017 election: Will you vote?

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:10 am

admin wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:36 am
I think the random selection of people from the community to run the tables and count the votes in public for all to see, is one of the stronger protections built in to the voting system in Chile. No hanging chads, counted by political party contractors, in the back rooms.
Also, NO ELECTRONIC POS VOTNG MACHINES to be manipulated by the Deep State and/or their proxies.

JA, my wife won't be happy to learn that she is for the first time in her life a vocal de mesa! I got off this time, my first Chile Presidential election.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:12 am

admin wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:47 am
nikotromus wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:36 am
He says it better than I ever could...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxtOlQ
One of america's greatest Philosophers.
I was soundly reprimanded for taking that attitude by certain forumites with regards to US voting. I understand now, that sometimes the manipulators in their psycopathic hubris can screw up but then can bring other means of persuasion to turn an outsider into a puppet.

Or steer and condition a declared leftie foreigner into the Soros-Deep State/neoliberal-neoconservative NWO model, look at Bachelet.

What Chile needs is a leader that intelligently plays the developed world players without giving the shop away while waiting for the break in the US Dollar as world reserve currency status.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:04 am

I thought this one was a bit better on why those that don't vote, have the right to complain all they want.

https://youtu.be/gSCqZmGIOyA
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:09 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:12 am
I was soundly reprimanded for taking that attitude by certain forumites with regards to US voting. I understand now, that sometimes the manipulators in their psycopathic hubris can screw up but then can bring other means of persuasion to turn an outsider into a puppet.
I'm guessing you're talking about the Trumpster here. This is a topic of debate between the (former) thinking base of Trumps support who actually believed him when he said he was going to stop the foreign wars and focus on America. I say former, because his thinking base threw him overboard when he stabbed us in the back. The question is: Was he co-opted by means of blackmail/threats to his family, or was he in on it from the very beginning?

I think that was the last chance for America to throw the neocons/deep state off of their back. You think the petrodollar will collapse peacefully? I don't. I think many billions will die in an attempt to preserve it.

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:14 am

admin wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:04 am
I thought this one was a bit better on why those that don't vote, have the right to complain all they want.

https://youtu.be/gSCqZmGIOyA
Sweet!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:00 am

Say, the revised list of people drafted for working the tables are out. Everyone should check that is registered.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm not a vocal de mesa........yay!

nikotromus

Post by nikotromus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:55 pm

sorry - couldn't resist...
Attachments
voting.jpg

snobrd4life

Post by snobrd4life » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Am I the only one who sees the above image and immediately thinks of Andres and his all-time favorite response with the pic of the "lamb and the wolves"?
"When ignorance reigns, life is lost." Zack de la Rocha
Not in Chile for now, but still lurking.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:20 am

Thought this article was worth a double post.

Well at least some people think there is sufficient foreigners in chile registered to vote that they might decide an election:

https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 81931.html

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:55 am

admin wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:20 am
Well at least some people think there is sufficient foreigners in chile registered to vote that they might decide an election
Its one of the reasons why that this government allowed the uncontrolled entry of all those Colombians, Haitians etc. recently. The reasoning being that these generally poor, unskilled immigrants will remember who was in power when they were let in, and in a few years, when they have Permanent Residency, they will gratefully vote Left.
And that's also why the bureaucracy has recently been inflated. They know which side their bread is buttered on.

Its called Clientelism and it's often been tried before.
Après moi, le déluge

at46

Post by at46 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:58 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:55 am
admin wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:20 am
Well at least some people think there is sufficient foreigners in chile registered to vote that they might decide an election
Its one of the reasons why that this government allowed the uncontrolled entry of all those Colombians, Haitians etc. recently. The reasoning being that these generally poor, unskilled immigrants will remember who was in power when they were let in, and in a few years, when they have Permanent Residency, they will gratefully vote Left.
And that's also why the bureaucracy has recently been inflated. They know which side their bread is buttered on.

Its called Clientelism and it's often been tried before.
Chile has only studiously adopted what has been tried and proven true in places like Canada where it's been government policy for decades.