Page 2 of 5

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:19 pm
by Rhodolite
Wow, admin, only "once in a great while"? Your Chile is not my Chile. Stgo in-laws; Curico Sodimac, Jumbo, Lider; Rt 5 restaurants - all have baskets for used toilet paper. We removed wastebaskets from guest room and half-bath so that visitors must use the toilet to dispose of the paper.

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 pm
by mem
Wow, Just wow.


Look, if you are in Chile, and you can't responsibly flush paper then you are in a shithole. Constructed shittily.

I am just keeping it real here. Seriously, and forgive me for the step by step detail here:

1) You take a number 2, as far as humanly possible, it should be ok no matter the size of your number 2
2) You wipe some poopy out of your butt, like say 2 or 3 small tufts of paper
3) Flush
4) Continue wiping poopy out the butt, like say 2 or 3 more small tufts of poopy paper
5) Flush again
6) Continue with 2 or 3 small tufts of poopy paper from your butt
7) Flush again
8) Hopefully your butt is prisitne at this point, if not repeat steps 1-7


So the main thing is to pace the system, whether it be septic or sewer. If doing the pacing thing and your system is still getting screwed up, then you are living in a crap place with crap plumbing. Being gunshy with paper and flushing multiple times with your number 2's you should be FINE!
If you are not then you have chosen to live in a terrible place with terrible plumbing.

I mean seriously. Don't let them try to shame you for perfectly normal number 2's. You make sure to shame them for their shitty ass plumbing and to come correct or don't waste your time.

Look this isn't Zambia, it's Chile. Welcome to the 21'st century. Browbeat them as much as necessary.

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:56 pm
by admin
yea, I say flush it in finest Chilean socialist / communist protest of the lazy cheap capitalist bastards that won't fix their toilet.

Free the pooo!!!

Really, you found a sign at a sodimac?

They really have no excuse. They sell half the pipes and toilets in the country. Definitely flush at their stores. They also sell plungers, should the manager need one. Not to mention there are some 1000 maestros out in the store at any given moment. one of them should know how to install a toilet correctly; or at least between all 1000, they should be able to work it out.

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:14 pm
by mlightheart
admin wrote:yea, I say flush it in finest Chilean socialist / communist protest of the lazy cheap capitalist bastards that won't fix their toilet.

Free the pooo!!!

Really, you found a sign at a sodimac?

They really have no excuse. They sell half the pipes and toilets in the country. Definitely flush at their stores. They also sell plungers, should the manager need one. Not to mention there are some 1000 maestros out in the store at any given moment. one of them should know how to install a toilet correctly; or at least between all 1000, they should be able to work it out.
:lol:

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 pm
by Gloria
41southchile wrote:Ok so I checked a little but not a long way back so apologies if this has been answered.
Why is Chilean plumbing for toilets so pathetic, why can you not flush toilet paper down the toilet in quite a few places? Is it because the toilet doesn't generate enough water pressure to push the material all the way down the line? Is it the fall of the pipes not being the right gradient? Is the diameter of the pipes too small?
We have just built a new house, and the toilets constantly block up so I am constantly using a plunger, I hate having to put paper in the waste paper basket, but after almost getting tendinitis from plunging so much lately we may have no choice. I have lived in only a few countries but have never seen this where I lived most of my life in New Zealand, and I even think the toilets there push out more water down or something, it just seems to get it down. No fuss there just good honest plumbing, the only time I hear of blocked toilets is when kids try to stuff toys or other material down, and yet here the toilets seem too weak too even push a crappy bit of colluded confort out of sight, or am I missing something else ?
Going back to the original question, it's very possible that there is a badly installed pipes, a snag somewhere or all of the above mentioned. Chile always had this waste basket thingy. Waaaaaay back in time, existed a shortage of toilet paper so newspaper was used and the pipes and sewer used to get clogged, especially with so many kids in a household. Plus some papers are more difficult to dissolve than others in the septic tank and it must be emptied sooner. I cannot imagine not be able to use paper and instead just water...the only way it would work would be with a power washer !

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:11 am
by at46
Gloria wrote: I cannot imagine not be able to use paper and instead just water...the only way it would work would be with a power wash !
Then you might use something like this http://showertoilet.ca/a100.html

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:19 am
by hlf2888
at46 wrote:
Gloria wrote: I cannot imagine not be able to use paper and instead just water...the only way it would work would be with a power wash !
Then you might use something like this http://showertoilet.ca/a100.html

That is such an excellent idea, an updated version of Rune's post! With Rune's I was imagining the water splashing everywhere. I think buying toilet paper every month for all the years of my life is such a waste of money. It insults my common sense. It is like wiping with dollar bills. This makes such exquisite sense. Thanks for the post, at46

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:37 am
by 41southchile
mem wrote:Wow, Just wow.


Look, if you are in Chile, and you can't responsibly flush paper then you are in a shithole. Constructed shittily.

I am just keeping it real here. Seriously, and forgive me for the step by step detail here:

1) You take a number 2, as far as humanly possible, it should be ok no matter the size of your number 2
2) You wipe some poopy out of your butt, like say 2 or 3 small tufts of paper
3) Flush
4) Continue wiping poopy out the butt, like say 2 or 3 more small tufts of poopy paper
5) Flush again
6) Continue with 2 or 3 small tufts of poopy paper from your butt
7) Flush again
8) Hopefully your butt is prisitne at this point, if not repeat steps 1-7


So the main thing is to pace the system, whether it be septic or sewer. If doing the pacing thing and your system is still getting screwed up, then you are living in a crap place with crap plumbing. Being gunshy with paper and flushing multiple times with your number 2's you should be FINE!
If you are not then you have chosen to live in a terrible place with terrible plumbing.

I mean seriously. Don't let them try to shame you for perfectly normal number 2's. You make sure to shame them for their shitty ass plumbing and to come correct or don't waste your time.

Look this isn't Zambia, it's Chile. Welcome to the 21'st century. Browbeat them as much as necessary.
It ain't the shit that's the problem I imagine it's definately the plumbing, aside from your way being a huge waste of water, who has time to wait round and for the cistern to refill with a half cleaned ass. What do you do in the meantime after you have wiped and waiting for the cistern to full again? I suppose just wait there contemplating how useless so many "professionals" are in this country that manage to screw everything up they touch. I like the idea of bringing down a Canadian plumber to show these half ass clowns who don't give a shit, how it's really done. Maybe someone should start up an agency of competent trades people from countries that can get shit right. They could come down for three months and travel around and work on projects.

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:47 am
by Gloria
hlf2888 wrote:
at46 wrote:
Gloria wrote: I cannot imagine not be able to use paper and instead just water...the only way it would work would be with a power wash !
Then you might use something like this http://showertoilet.ca/a100.html

I think buying toilet paper every month for all the years of my life is such a waste of money. It insults my common sense. It is like wiping with dollar bills.
So true but (butt :D ) how would you do it otherwise ?. For the guys it would be no problem, they can do it like the bears in the woods and use leaves but for us women gets more complicated and I'm not for the "drip and dry" situation. This is a complicated matter......... :lol:

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 am
by frozen-north
I am waiting for Hybrid to post some information on Japanese toilets with warm water and relaxing music.

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:36 am
by picalena
The IBIS hotel at Central Station in Santiago has a sign in the lobby bathroom to not put your papers in the inodoro. Which is strange, because nothing in the rooms says that. I flush anyways, since the only time I am using it is while I am waiting to check into my room after getting off the overnight bus ride. I'm gonna flush, and I'm gonna wash my hands with real soap, and I'm even not too averse to getting squirted with the automatic air freshener that some Chilean maestro installed on the wall behind the toilet, ensuring that the customers will get sprayed (bug or feature, I'm not sure).

And do we want to discuss why the word for toilet in Spanish is "inodoro"?

pl

Re: To flush or not the toilet paper.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:21 pm
by HybridAmbassador
frozen-north wrote:I am waiting for Hybrid to post some information on Japanese toilets with warm water and relaxing music.
frozen, since you mentioned the warm seat on Japanese high tech toilets and more feature here is a video of high tech toilet for your duty! Every time a foreign visitor wanting to use the toilet, they ask for an interpreter...Japan's bureaucrats has to attach English manual on those high tech toilets in order to ease the user's stress when trying to use those cool toilets!
I like the highway rest area's public toilet's cleanliness ...

https://youtu.be/q6Fjrni0mWs

https://youtu.be/rcJG6DcVGJE?t=15

https://youtu.be/s0tCO4NdKeU?t=25