toll roads

General topics related to Living in Chile
at46

Re: toll roads

Post by at46 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:26 pm

41southchile wrote:
at46 wrote:They should get the Chinese to build them a bullet train to Viña and a bunch of radial electric train lines out of Santiago to move people in and out of the smog bowl.
Hmm they might want to iron out all their problems first, been lots of issues in NZ and the UK I hear from Chinese trains. I think there are plans to have trains going out of Santiago towards Melipilla etc and of course the Rancagua express.
Yeah, I just read somewhere they had to lower their train speeds from 350 km/h to 300 km/h a couple of years ago due to some accidents, having to change all the schedules across the country etc. But now they're starting to bring it back up to 350 km/h, starting with the lines where they have more operational experience. That launched me into dream space of Viña/Santiago trips in half an hour.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:31 pm

41southchile wrote: I think there are plans to have trains going out of Santiago towards Melipilla etc and of course the Rancagua express.
Since the occasional Train de Recuerdo (Estacion Central to the mall in San Antonio) has been operational, yes there has been talk to do a more modern permanent one especially in conjuction with the Puerto de Gran Escala.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:48 pm

at46 wrote:
41southchile wrote:
at46 wrote:They should get the Chinese to build them a bullet train to Viña and a bunch of radial electric train lines out of Santiago to move people in and out of the smog bowl.
Hmm they might want to iron out all their problems first, been lots of issues in NZ and the UK I hear from Chinese trains. I think there are plans to have trains going out of Santiago towards Melipilla etc and of course the Rancagua express.
Yeah, I just read somewhere they had to lower their train speeds from 350 km/h to 300 km/h a couple of years ago due to some accidents, having to change all the schedules across the country etc. But now they're starting to bring it back up to 350 km/h, starting with the lines where they have more operational experience. That launched me into dream space of Viña/Santiago trips in half an hour.
at46, when the Chinese train project labour required, they will bring all manpower from China. Indonesia still waiting for contract given to the Chinese to build the fast trains but and its project suppose to start last year still no commencement of said train rail project going. The Chinese also suppose to build Brazil train project but went no where.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:53 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
at46 wrote:
41southchile wrote:
at46, when the Chinese train project labour required, they will bring all manpower from China. Indonesia still waiting for contract given to the Chinese to build the fast trains but and its project suppose to start last year still no commencement of said train rail project going. The Chinese also suppose to build Brazil train project but went no where.
They probably have so much work back home they don't really care collecting peanuts around the world. I read somewhere they have 22K km of bullet train lines already functioning and are planning to add another 15K km before 2025.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:36 pm

at46 wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
at46 wrote:
41southchile wrote:
They probably have so much work back home they don't really care collecting peanuts around the world. I read somewhere they have 22K km of bullet train lines already functioning and are planning to add another 15K km before 2025.
Yeah, but all those added rails will be by 2025 absolute. The technology will be heading towards MAGLEV propulsion.
So the current rails will be not be useful. But if 350km/hour be adequate for passenger moving then adding more rail could be acceptable.

Elon Musk's for US only, the hyper loop tubed train or then Japan rails MagLev trains more appropriate than current HTS of China ( a copy of Japan/Germany tech ) or the Hyper loop/MagLev..
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/132405- ... -explained
Japan Rail MagLev trains, will be operational by 2025~2028.( It got be operational before I go up Heaven or Inferno..!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/21/asia/japa ... index.html
https://www.thenational.ae/business/jap ... ns-1.86709

at46

Post by at46 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:02 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote: Yeah, but all those added rails will be by 2025 absolute. The technology will be heading towards MAGLEV propulsion.
So the current rails will be not be useful. But if 350km/hour be adequate for passenger moving then adding more rail could be acceptable.

Elon Musk's for US only, the hyper loop tubed train or then Japan rails MagLev trains more appropriate than current HTS of China ( a copy of Japan/Germany tech ) or the Hyper loop/MagLev..
Japan Rail MagLev trains, will be operational by 2025~2028.( It got be operational before I go up Heaven or Inferno..!
Hey, don't mention Maglev too often lest the Chinese steal that from you too :)

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:22 pm

at46 wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote: Yeah, but all those added rails will be by 2025 absolute. The technology will be heading towards MAGLEV propulsion.

Hey, don't mention Maglev too often lest the Chinese steal that from you too :)
It only requires one time offense .. They can go to the Germans and pay for the tech, Japan does not wanting to help China modernize their technology. Japan and Germany went in to build its first HST there in China, the accord was that, they do not copy manufacture any component for the HST trains but work jointly respectively for the projects, either with Japan's Hitachi~Toshiba engineering or to work with Germany's Seamen corp. We, Japan and Germany were fooled by the Chinese communist party. We can perhaps in the future, if any China built HST project in the democratic countries to deploy and be materialized, then perhaps we can catch those stolen technology and ask PRC er, Xi Jing Pin to cough up the free ride they being enjoying for decades..Then but by that time, all the advanced nations and the rest of democratic countries already duped by China, they always say, hey 1.4 billion people can buy lots from your countries..? EU products going to China? Perhaps the agriculture produce from France~Spain~etc. And the Salmons of Norway going to Chinese bellies, also do not forget the meat products from AU and their LPG...Was talking to a friend expatriated there in Melbourne, the AU gas and electricity price already at sky-high prices. Fearsome, the Chinese with their expansion rate, will need to find another Earth size mass to get them all for the soon to be, master of the universe..! at46, are you taking Chinese language class already? How soon are you moving out to China? Ha,ha,haaa..I will be long be gone to re-visit history by the time, the new Genghis Khan er, The people's republic of China, has all the world under the supreme yellow race...‘One Belt and One Road’: Connecting China and the world, using your money...
========================================================================================================
More than 2,000 years ago, China’s imperial envoy Zhang Qian helped to establish the Silk Road, a network of trade routes that linked China to Central Asia and the Arab world. The name came from one of China’s most important exports—silk. And the road itself influenced the development of the entire region for hundreds of years.

In 2013, China’s president, Xi Jinping, proposed establishing a modern equivalent, creating a network of railways, roads, pipelines, and utility grids that would link China and Central Asia, West Asia, and parts of South Asia. This initiative, One Belt and One Road (OBOR), comprises more than physical connections. It aims to create the world’s largest platform for economic cooperation, including policy coordination, trade and financing collaboration, and social and cultural cooperation. Through open discussion, OBOR can create benefits for everyone.

http://www.mckinsey.com/industries/capi ... -the-world