Bargain Hunter(s) Read This

General topics related to Living in Chile
bert.douglas

Re: Bargain Hunter(s) Read This

Post by bert.douglas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:52 pm

I don't think that the McCain crashed because of a hack.

Just plain old incompetence is enough to explain it. Too many fresh recruits. Too many experienced people retiring. No opportunity to pass on the culture of seamanship.

I am not saying that the ships are not hackable. Probably they are already hacked. But this type of hack is something that you can only use once. Nobody would waste it just to embarrass the Navy. Instead they would save it for wartime.

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:13 pm

bert.douglas wrote:I am not saying that the ships are not hackable. Probably they are already hacked. But this type of hack is something that you can only use once.
Assuming it was a hack, it's already been used at least twice. And if/when they figure out how it works, it could take a long time to fix, leaving an awful lot of ships, etc. vulnerable in the meantime.
bert.douglas wrote:Nobody would waste it just to embarrass the Navy.
2 disabled destroyers and a bunch of dead sailors, is more than embarrassing
bert.douglas wrote:Instead they would save it for wartime.
This is wartime
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:34 pm

I don't know about that. The head of the 7th fleet got the boot. It was stated goal of China and if that was the objective, it seems to have worked.

Putting down 4 missile launchers, admiral, a bunch of experienced captains and officers, killing a bunch of sailors, sure seems like a successful use of a hack.

Especially if the overall strategic objective was to cripple the U.S. ability to launch an attack on North Korea at this time.

Do you really think the U.S. is going to go ahead with a decapitation attack right now, unless absolutely forced to (e.g. N.korea took a pot shot at Guam or launched something at the U.S.), while there is such chaos in the pacific fleet?

No, they are going to delay, until they sort out whatever the problem is. It definitely gave pause to the Pentagon planners, because it is functionally equivalent to a mini-pearl harbor.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:53 am

admin wrote:I don't know about that. The head of the 7th fleet got the boot. It was stated goal of China and if that was the objective, it seems to have worked.

Putting down 4 missile launchers, admiral, a bunch of experienced captains and officers, killing a bunch of sailors, sure seems like a successful use of a hack.

Especially if the overall strategic objective was to cripple the U.S. ability to launch an attack on North Korea at this time.

Do you really think the U.S. is going to go ahead with a decapitation attack right now, unless absolutely forced to (e.g. N.korea took a pot shot at Guam or launched something at the U.S.), while there is such chaos in the pacific fleet?

No, they are going to delay, until they sort out whatever the problem is. It definitely gave pause to the Pentagon planners, because it is functionally equivalent to a mini-pearl harbor.

If they launch an attack, it will be the boomers in the sub fleet........I'm sure several are in the area, they do not need surface ships.......decapitate and shake hands with the Chinese at their border........
It's all about the wine.