Chile 2017 Presidential Election

General topics related to Living in Chile
admin
Site Admin

Re: Chile 2017 Presidential Election

Post by admin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:37 am

Chiles tech lag I 99% blame on chile buying microsoft's bullshit in the 90's and early imternet years for the education system. The reasons why that destroyed the tech education in the country are just way tooo long to get in to.

However bachelet's first adminstration, made goverment subsidized computers avaible, that where many times the market value and years out of date, and HAD to have windows installed and microsoft lobbysist at the time made certain any alternative was not even allowed (e.g. linux). She transfered millions of dollars for education computers to the pockets of the big retailers, microsoft, and the major laptop makers. Poor families were still roped in to making high interest payments on essentially tech e-waist.

I rember these "education" computers sold at like ripley, they cost like $800+ u.s., but the hardware was perhaps worth $100 ti 200 at the time. The goverment would pay like $300 (off the sticker price), so the poor family would be on the line for like $500, with nice fat payments and interest. Those computers ended up costing well north of a $1000 u.s. for junk by the time they were payed off by the parents. The smart families, never bought in to the scam.

Multiple open source linux alternative ngo projects tried to apply to the goverment programs (like sub-$200 laptops), and microsoft got caught doing back room deals to lock them out of even applying all across latin america imcluding chile. Lagos and bachelet were buying the microsoft subsidy hook line and sinker, and chile is still paying the educational price.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:34 am

MS nowadays is much more friendlier to Linux after Nadella took the CEO wheel and refocused the company on open-sourcing their own tech. So it's worth another open-source attempt here.

Andres

Post by Andres » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:10 am

Side comment on Microsnot: It likes running the line in its 'marketing' to governments that Linux use is "restraint of trade" because Linux is given away.
And some politicians (especially US ones), buy that BS.
Go figure!

It's about as dumb about the arguments why Central American mothers should not be permitted to breastfeed their babies, in preference to milk powder sold by US companies.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:48 am

Not sure how to read this, but sounds like this is good for pinera overall. It is how far from the political center both canidayes are. They say they are about equall distance, but it seems the political center is being better targeted with their issues by pinera, while guillier will have to play to the left base to hd it or they might not shiw at all. Effectively giving up the center swing votes needed to win. No one really knows what his position is at this point.

https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 01420.html

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:00 am

Yesterday, Gordi created a new visa for under 18 year old immigrants in Chile, the same day, the head of Extranjería resigned.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:00 am

Yep started another thread just on that topic.

But hey, got a problem, nothing more beuracracy and beucrats must be able to solve.

They are going to add 107 notaries.

They are going to split the bio bio in two regions. It means double the goverment costs and offices to not do the job they are not doing now.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:37 am

Damn, it's like a satirical conspiracy to fuck up Chile.

Yeah, lets take brainwashed Gordi (their operative under left cover), who after her Clinton elite hobnobbing stint at the UN, reinstall as Prez to drive Chile under by intentional design or neglect or both.

Mission close to being accomplished.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:53 am

No it really has this conspiracy to crash the country feal to it, because nothing else makes sense.

Except...

This is Part of what i have refered to as "pocketing the silverware as dinner is ending" trend marked by the left leaving office. One part is giving fat contracts to friends as they go.

The other is poisoning the well.

That is, Sabatoge the next goverment anyway they can by saddling them with problems they wont be able to fix in 4 years or at leadt keep them distracted. Thus making them super unpopular by the end of their term.

Pinera actuelly made an appeal to the center right congress recently to block the initives the current administration is trying to push through before they go. It is not much of a secret that is their objective. They know they are not going to win, possibly loosing in the first round, because the left is now split by three canidates.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:44 pm

In an article this morning, the right is pushing back on this new notary and asking of all things that need reforming right now, why notaries? Why this sudden emergency for 107 more notaries?

They are accusing Bachelet administration of wanting to create notaries so they can stock them with their political appointees and friends before they leave.

By the way, for those that don't know, most notaries in Chile die multi-millionaires. It might be the dullest job in Chile signing documents all day, but it pays really well. so, your in the Bachelet administration, your political carrear is pretty much toast come next year, what kind of job are you going to get?

Well, a notary seems like a cushy golden parachute.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:42 pm

Just thinking about all this crap, some of it sounds like treason ( maybe my ethnocentric anlyisis...disculpame :evil: )

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:02 am

Official unemployment numbers. The only reason that number is not way, way higher, is because all of the growth in guess what? Public sector.
https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 02544.html

Much of the public sector jobs, are little more than welfare benefits for political loyalist and vote buying operations. Well paid busy work.

The other is their new way of counting "independent workers". Basically, if you are unemployed and still have an income of some sort, your an "independent worker" or "self-employed". So, basically they are sweeping the real unemployment number under the "self-employed" carpet.

There was an interesting stat on the radio yesterday as they discussed the employment numbers. Over 12% of workers, have no work contract of any sort. That means all the labor protections, pension payments, and so on do not apply to those workers.

Another interesting editorial I seen, pointed out that Bachelet came in with all sorts of grand claims about increasing worker's salaries. Guess how much they have increased in the first three years of Bachelet's administration?

$3,000 pesos, or $1,000 pesos a year.

SHOW ME THE MONEY BACHELET!!!

well, here is pinera meeting with the Chile Vamos senators to block the current administrations legislation agenda:
https://www.df.cl/noticias/economia-y-p ... 02609.html

Some senator from the right the other day, simply asked, "with all the problem in Chile right now, health care, immigration, unemployment, and so on, why is the administration sending us text for a new constitution"?

The other demand was, who wrote the text? Where did you get it from?

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:00 pm

The trouble with all this is not Gordi or her crew, I'm no fan of her, but she did get democratically elected in 2013. The trouble is the people that vote, too many morons, so I guess you could say that's the trouble with democracy. Too many stupid people get to vote in democracy, being bought off by cheap political bribes. Wasn't it Trump that said in the early 2000s " I should run for president, I think I'd make a good president, if I ran, I'd stand as a Republican, they are stupid and believe everything they see on fox news, I think my numbers would be good".
All of these populists politicians may have many faults but the one thing they do know, and are experts at, is how to get elected, they know there is a large percentage of sheep constituents they know just how to manipulate/buy/trick them to get into power, then the run rough shot and do whatever they like, doesn't matter, they are in power now and free to pillage and plunder. Democracy is not that wonderful.