iHerb shipping

General topics related to Living in Chile
katml412

iHerb shipping

Post by katml412 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi, I was wondering about other's experience with ordering from iHerb while in Chile. I did my research and decided that it would be best to order from iHerb using the USPS airmail option, and I placed an order at the end of April (around the 26th). The estimated arrival showed between May 3rd and May 31st. Now it's June 13th, and the order still hasn't shown up.

Is that typical? Has anyone here ever placed an iHerb order and didn't receive it, or does it usually take this long or longer?

peregrine77

Re: iHerb shipping

Post by peregrine77 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:16 am

Our friend has had success following the same program you have chosen, the deal is that the amount on the paperwork should be under $30.00 US. We ordered $150.00 of health products with DHL forwarding it and they never made past Santiasco.
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
Simon and Garfunkel

hlf2888

Post by hlf2888 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:06 am

Welcome to Chile. Most likely it is being held by Chilean customs or the shipping company. Did you include a contact number on the mailing label? Ask IHerb to track, let us know. This is a common occurence here.

jehturner

Post by jehturner » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:29 am

katml412 wrote:Hi, I was wondering about other's experience with ordering from iHerb while in Chile. I did my research and decided that it would be best to order from iHerb using the USPS airmail option, and I placed an order at the end of April (around the 26th). The estimated arrival showed between May 3rd and May 31st. Now it's June 13th, and the order still hasn't shown up.

Is that typical?
Yes, it is typical. The customs seem to have stopped a couple of my wife's packages recently but the option you picked usually works best if you can wait.

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:51 pm

I ordered something from iherb this year and it came punctually.

I can't remember what option I chose on delivery but I just dug up my order email and it says:

Shipped via:
FedEx-GlobalMailLt

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:42 pm

We have ordered a dozen of airmail iHerb packages with different content during the last year and all of them arrived in 6-12 weeks.

katml412

Post by katml412 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:07 am

I think my order came to $31, but that included shipping. It was a really small, unimportant order just to test if it would show up.

What happens if we're not home when a package shows up? Does the postal service here leave a notice in your mailbox?

Britkid

Post by Britkid » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:52 pm

I am not sure if there is a specific system in place. I think they will either throw it over the fence, not deliver it, perhaps leave it with a neighbor could be arranged in some cases. I don't think I have ever had someone leave a card. It either gets delivered, or it doesn't.

Could be quite different outcome depending on whether you know your postman, whether you tip them, whether you live in city apartment vs small town in the country.

You could read this story of someone's experience which was quite different to mine http://bearshapedsphere.com/2008/06/26/ ... r-postman/

katml412

Post by katml412 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:08 pm

When we received our first USPS shipment (from a family member), we tried to tip the postman (after reading on here that it was a good idea), and he refused to accept it. He seems very professional.

katml412

Post by katml412 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Space Cat wrote:We have ordered a dozen of airmail iHerb packages with different content during the last year and all of them arrived in 6-12 weeks.
That's really encouraging, thanks! I'll just have to be patient. 8)

katml412

Post by katml412 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:54 pm

My order came today. So, it took almost 2 months, but it came!

mlightheart

Post by mlightheart » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:48 pm

katml412 wrote:My order came today. So, it took almost 2 months, but it came!
Good for you! :)

Just noticed this thread. But like some of the others, I too have placed a number of orders from iHerb. And all of them have been the cheap shipping.

I think I only lost one package. I try to keep the cost to around $80 per shipment and under 4lbs. I think I only had to do paperwork twice on all my orders. Have been quite a few.

The time for a shipment to reach you can vary. From 2 weeks to 2 months or more.