Piece Index, Chile #1 in Latin America, #2 in the Americas, #27 World

General topics related to Living in Chile
admin
Site Admin

Piece Index, Chile #1 in Latin America, #2 in the Americas, #27 World

Post by admin » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:14 am

So, Chile came in 27 overall in the World, #1 in Latin America, #2 in the Americas next to Canada.

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/ ... eace-index

http://static.visionofhumanity.org/site ... port_2.pdf

The U.S. was ranked one of the more violent in the World. Surprise surprise.

I quick look through the report seems Chile was down graded in major part because of disputes with the neighbors over boarders. Which is really strange considering the dispute with both Peru and Bolivia are being handled at the international courts. The dispute with Peru was settled very peacefully, and territory handed over. Bolivia, might be a different matter, but no one is saddling up for a fight. More of tit for tat propaganda war, than any real threat of violence.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Dosedmonkey

Re: Piece Index, Chile #1 in Latin America, #2 in the Americas, #27 World

Post by Dosedmonkey » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:00 pm

I think both countries are enjoying the attention in the UN, where normally they are a small part of it.

My favorite Bolivia boarder thing;
Returning the war territory, Chile would gain a lot of Argentina. Perhaps all should be considered at the same time.
Image111

I wonder if they took in to account Chiles deployment of UN peace keeping troops in Haiti, I find that admirable of a small country. A well thought out peaceful deployment, so much so its never in the news.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:48 pm

yea, and that part of Argentina has a lot of oil and gas. Let's invade!!!

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

fraggle092

Re: Peace Index, Chile #1 in Latin America, #2 in the Americas, #27 World

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:48 pm

admin wrote:.....,. seems Chile was down graded in major part because of disputes with the neighbors over borders.
Not because of internal violence like this? Or for whats happening in the Araucanía?
Does anybody on this forum think that this country is peaceful?

From today's EMOL
37258_14035_6847497.jpg
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:04 pm

Jun 12th 2012

The latest index, released on June 12th, is composed of 23 indicators ranging from murder rates to weapons imports to conflicts being fought. ....
If some of the overall findings might seem odd, then part of the appeal of the index is that readers can examine each of the variables in turn and think about how much weight to add to each. It is available to play around with here <Link to the Institute for Economics and Peace - Visionofhumanity web page> .

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicd ... ly-chart-6

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:03 am

Is crime and peace the same thing? Not being able to criminalise children is a huge problem here. But lets not make such a scene over a damaged church. when they have been setting buses with people on, on fire for years now during protests. That;s a lot worse to the community I figure.

Zenth

Post by Zenth » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:33 pm

This past weekend, a friend of our friends daughter was leaving a club in Concepcion. He was accosted by three thugs who wanted his car. He said here's the keys, take it. The beat him senseless, put him in his car and drove him to the nearby railroad tracks. They dumped him onto the tracks and left with the car. A train came.
He was an architect, living in Santiago, visiting friends and family. Witnesses said the police came to late to do anything.

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:37 am

I have been living in Chile for 8 years and I can say that feeling of insecurity is dramatically increasing. First few years I was comfortable walking in any area ,but now I have feeling that you can be attacked at any hour on any side street.Local news were for weeks without any crime to report ,now they report few crimes a day,including few murders by stabbing of older man walking in front of their houses.The main topic among Chilean neighbours is crime.

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:55 pm

Two large guys came to buy my gym equipment, you know weight lifting addict types. So obviously I was cautious, but the funniest bit was, they were petrified, they kept looking to see if someone was going to rob them, because they didnt know my communa. Weird.

The peoblem is the law and order system sucks here, thats why road rage boils over into violence, and normal people are scared of each of. There isno trust in the law enforcement or legal systems.to protect you. One of the main reasons I am leaving.

Its like a society of fear in the suburbs.

Only days after I moved out of Pedro Fontova last year one of my neighbours was killed by gwtting dragged and ran over by her own car because she had her seatbelt entangled when forced out of her car on her driveway.

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Major TV stations only cover Santiago crime ,but ignore smaller town stories unless is femicide.
Recently a women was accidently killed -stubbed in front of her house, in front of her husband and young son(she heard big noise and came out to investigate and found herself in the middle of two gangs fighting) .The killer was same night arrested, but his friends were following day throwing stones on his house and threatening husband with killing him and 11 year old son. The man who just lost his wife, had to move out of his house and hide.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:17 am

It is a Bachelet administration.

Her standard formula is as follows.

Shoot economy in the foot, in the most creative ways possible and many not so creative but totally obvious ways.

Do nothing as unemployment spikes.

Crime Spikes

Do nothing about crime, as that would put her voter base in jail and piss off their families.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:10 pm

hey, come on. Chile on it's worst day, in the worst neighborhood, is not even remotely as dangerous as Florida.

Between homophobic Islamic terrorists, alligators nabbing kids at Disneyland, and general bat shit crazy population, I feel like I was lucky to get out of there with the family mostly in one piece (the super flue did get us all however).