Expired tourist visa AND lost tourist card, what to do?

General topics related to Living in Chile
nwdiver

Re: Expired tourist visa AND lost tourist card, what to do?

Post by nwdiver » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:49 pm

northingtonclark wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 am
I am working in Chile with a on a temporary residence visa and my family is here still on tourists visa. i have not received my Chile ID card but i do have the residence visa stamp. I am going to apply for the dependent visas for my family once i receive my Chile ID. My wife has renewed her tourist visa once and that expired yesterday! Can we drive to Argentina today and have her renew it for an additional 90 days? Also, I was told by immigration (or at least this is what i understood) that my children do not have to have their tourist visa renewed. Any advice?!
First clear her over stay, if she doesn't have a valid tourist card, one day over is over, then you need to hit the border, dependants are usually connected to your visa or maybe hers.......if you plan on staying get your sh!t together, you really didn't notice you were near the 90 expiration of your wife's card?

If it's a visa it's a whole other matter........I assume you are talking about a 90 day tourist card, you have a visa......
It's all about the wine.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:14 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:49 pm
northingtonclark wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 am
I am working in Chile with a on a temporary residence visa and my family is here still on tourists visa. i have not received my Chile ID card but i do have the residence visa stamp. I am going to apply for the dependent visas for my family once i receive my Chile ID. My wife has renewed her tourist visa once and that expired yesterday! Can we drive to Argentina today and have her renew it for an additional 90 days? Also, I was told by immigration (or at least this is what i understood) that my children do not have to have their tourist visa renewed. Any advice?!
....if you plan on staying get your sh!t together, you really didn't notice you were near the 90 expiration of your wife's card?
Wow Nwdiver! I didn't know you had it in you.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

David_Bro

Post by David_Bro » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:29 am

Posted on this subject in 2015------about loosing my tourist card and a crossover via bus to Argentina-----they were cranky but it was obvious from the beginning it was workable but nobody wants the paperwork and that is understood----another occasion, had lost my tourist card with a flight out of Santiago before the other event------this said I have had several hundred entries into the Chile with different visas at different times------anyway, off to the right of where you enter the international terminal for passport check is a an office where you can get a new tourist visa and they check you out----took about 20 minutes and off you go-----then again, I have never been over my time limit or breached my visa requirements----so an easy no hassle fix

###

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Exactly the point, this is not a lost tourist card (do they even issue them now?), it is an overstay that cannot be fixed by visiting SCL PDI office day of travel.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:17 pm

It's not just an over stay, it's over stay of a want to be resident........
It's all about the wine.