another buying and selling a vehicle question

General topics related to Living in Chile
weitz

another buying and selling a vehicle question

Post by weitz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:34 pm

looks like i'll be selling my jeep tomorrow morning. i understood from previous posts that even though i'm in the "system" as a current vehicle owner i'll still need to make the transfer to the new owner at the notary in villarrica as i still don't have residency?

also, is it required for the notary to submit the paperwork a) in the city the buyer lives and b) for the car i want to buy at my current domicile or will any registro do?

buyer is from valdivia and will be meeting me in villarrica. i'm hoping to sign the contract of sale with the notary there tomorrow, get paid, give him the keys and have it all done with. similarly, i live in pucon and the jeep i want to purchase is in temuco. can i do everything with a notary in temuco, have them register the vehicle for me at the registry there or does this all need to be done in pucon (where i currently live)?

my last car purchase was problematic (registro "lost" the notarized copy of my RUT, the original transfer was rejected and it took 4 months to get the padron) and i'm hoping to avoid problems and the possibility of being stuck without a vehicle.

thanks

amanaplan

Re: another buying and selling a vehicle question

Post by amanaplan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 pm