Amazon now offers free shipping to Chile

General topics related to Living in Chile
RuneTheChookcha

Re: Amazon now offers free shipping to Chile

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:32 pm

Every day less and less items (that I am following) are eligible for free shipping, every day something new is no longer showing the "free shipping" text.
- How does one cross a river?
- Don't get your feet wet.

okemillett

Post by okemillett » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:19 pm

RuneTheChookcha wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:32 pm
Every day less and less items (that I am following) are eligible for free shipping, every day something new is no longer showing the "free shipping" text.
Yeah - I had a few things in my shopping cart and was just waiting to hit the checkout button. When I just did it now, one of my items no longer qualifies for free shipping.

I was HOPING this would be a long term thing, but perhaps the experiment has not been heartwarming for Amazon.

otravers

Post by otravers » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:16 pm

I too am seeing some items that were available with free shipping no longer be eligible just a couple of weeks later.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:25 pm

A couple days ago placed 3 Amazon orders which will be delivered via 8 Chilexpress packages. I'm in the San Antonio area.
Que será, será.

Spudzilla

Post by Spudzilla » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:29 pm

dmwbmw2 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:02 pm
Is there a certain value above which you need to hire someone to process the paperwork to clear customs?

A major PITA.
I am curious about this as well. I know it's been discussed in this forum previously, but I cannot find any posts now.
At what dollar value is a shipping agent required for importing items? If an item ships from amazon does the carrier act as shipping agent?

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:41 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:25 pm
A couple days ago placed 3 Amazon orders which will be delivered via 8 Chilexpress packages. I'm in the San Antonio area.
6 - arrived w/o issue.
1 - had the same issue as with DHL, entering my address city as Santiago vs. San Antonio, I quickly emailed them on the correct city and they quickly rerouted it.
1 - appears to be lost as Chilexpress tracking says "Pieza no manifestada en manifiesto recepcionado". This will probably eventually be refunded by Amazon if it doesn't show up in a couple more days.
Que será, será.

RuneTheChookcha

Post by RuneTheChookcha » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:01 pm

Do initiate a chat with Amazon, they have a fixed final delivery date (as posted on the order page), just state that the item is still missing. They may re-schedule the time during chat, but no more than for 1 more week (in my experience) and then give you the date when they provide FULL refund for the lost item.
- How does one cross a river?
- Don't get your feet wet.