The New Constitution

General topics related to Living in Chile
User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: The New Constitution

Post by 41southchile » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:17 pm

admin wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:32 pm
here is the thing about the constitution body.

they are a technical committee setup by congress to perform a task, draft a constitution.

they have NO constitutional legitimacy or standing beyond that.

so these morons claiming they have some mandate from "el Pueblo" is just bullshit.

notice this all came up the day after Jadue was in the 9th region, telling the forestry companies that they need to pay the mapuche because the chilean government did not have the authority to give them that land.
Same old same old everywhere, post colonial revisionist theories and all the other rewriting of the way things happened , or not, maybe there is some truth into what they claim, whatever, it’s done.
All trying to right historical wrongs in the name of “el Pueblo”, all very noble and everything, but come on already , such a yawn 🥱 from academic amateurs, come up with solutions to the real issues today, and that are coming tomorrow, not revenge and living in the past.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

User avatar
eeuunikkeiexpat
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 8522
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 am
Location: Somewhere south of Valpo

Re: The New Constitution

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:33 pm

Did anyone see that interview of Jadue about a year or so ago where when the concept of private property be questioned was brought up he actually considered it an idea worth considering? Also, supposedly he is well known among the call-boy community in Santiago and that also brings up the possibility of blackmail.
Que será, será.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24180
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: The New Constitution

Post by admin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:22 am

41southchile wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:17 pm
admin wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:32 pm
here is the thing about the constitution body.

they are a technical committee setup by congress to perform a task, draft a constitution.

they have NO constitutional legitimacy or standing beyond that.

so these morons claiming they have some mandate from "el Pueblo" is just bullshit.

notice this all came up the day after Jadue was in the 9th region, telling the forestry companies that they need to pay the mapuche because the chilean government did not have the authority to give them that land.
Same old same old everywhere, post colonial revisionist theories and all the other rewriting of the way things happened , or not, maybe there is some truth into what they claim, whatever, it’s done.
All trying to right historical wrongs in the name of “el Pueblo”, all very noble and everything, but come on already , such a yawn 🥱 from academic amateurs, come up with solutions to the real issues today, and that are coming tomorrow, not revenge and living in the past.
well, that if fine. They can draft a frigen ammendment or two related to indigenous people's relationships with the state, and see if anyone else wants to support it.

But, that is all they get to do.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: The New Constitution

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:19 am

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:33 pm
Did anyone see that interview of Jadue about a year or so ago where when the concept of private property be questioned was brought up he actually considered it an idea worth considering? Also, supposedly he is well known among the call-boy community in Santiago and that also brings up the possibility of blackmail.
No, didn't see, but it doesn't surprise me, he would most likely consider anything if he thought it might make him popular , and would give him a shot at power and his chance to install his ideal vision of society and his version of how things should work.

Like I said before, I believe he is just a tired old populist, but like all populists he is well schooled in what it takes to manipulate enough people and convince them you are "with them" and "you are different".
Thats all he needs to do, find the right issues, jump on the popular bandwagon and its off to the races and he can play president, he can play the man of "el pueblo"

I Still keep finding myself coming back to that, "a country gets the politicians it deserves" quote


I wonder how many Chileans think their country is a disaster? because according to Jadue and his excitement for the state to become involved in everything from mining to Salmon production and forestry in his Bloomberg interview, that is what it is at the moment.

Don't worry I am sure he will work hard to fix it all.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

User avatar
fraggle092
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2245
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: In Chile

Re: The New Constitution

Post by fraggle092 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:10 pm

I'm convinced that Chile has collectively gone bonkers. How can Jadue even be touted as a presidential candidate?
As if his Chávez-style economic proposals weren't bad enough, he is also inflaming anti-Jewish sentiment within Chile, adding race hatred to the class hatred that the Communists are successfully stirring up. Chile has enough self-generated problems right now without importing foreign ones.

He entered the Top Ten in the Simon Weisenthal Centre's catalogue of antisemitic incidents this year. If he ever gets elected, he will no doubt climb the charts.

Does anyone still think that Chile's social reform movement has anything to do with "Democracy"?
.
top-ten-worst-global pdf.jpg
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: The New Constitution

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:54 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:10 pm
I'm convinced that Chile has collectively gone bonkers. How can Jadue even be touted as a presidential candidate?
As if his Chávez-style economic proposals weren't bad enough, he is also inflaming anti-Jewish sentiment within Chile, adding race hatred to the class hatred that the Communists are successfully stirring up. Chile has enough self-generated problems right now without importing foreign ones.

He entered the Top Ten in the Simon Weisenthal Centre's catalogue of antisemitic incidents this year. If he ever gets elected, he will no doubt climb the charts.

Does anyone still think that Chile's social reform movement has anything to do with "Democracy"?
.
top-ten-worst-global pdf.jpg
Like the Mapuche issue, the anti Jewish sentiment statements are more of the same old rhetoric from this sociologist, come architect , come man of the people,
it's straight out of the "how to gain power and implement your ideas" political power play book.

Step 1, generally involves a variant of the good old "divide and conquer technique" that one never fails, been used for centuries.

I am split between believing that the country has gone collectively bonkers and that there is significant enough amount of Chileans that are brainwashed and buy into all the lies, plus the not insignificant special interest groups manipulating the process that make a lot of noise to stir things up, and the ones behind the scenes too.

Democracy, pffft.good one.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24180
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: The New Constitution

Post by admin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:58 pm

Most people today do not realize this, but marxist communism has its roots in an extreme form of antisemitism that was rampant in Europe at the turn of the century through about 1920ish / 30ish

In fact, it has the same roots as Nazi socialist antisemitism.

after that, for obvious reasons, they sort of split in to their own unique threads of antisemitism; just they both ultimatly ended up with a lot of dead jews.

but, they both have a common thread that blames jews for economic (and every other) sort of problem in society.

It is such a core tenant of communism, that it is to the point that in Marx and other communist writings, basically "capitalism" (and similar derogatory words) just becomes a synonym for "jew".

Lot of "neo-communist" have tried to cover it up, explain it away, etc, but it is still very much there as a core principle underwriting the whole ideological system.

this guy does a better coverage on the subject than I can in a few lines,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rZh01xRO_Qg
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: The New Constitution

Post by 41southchile » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:33 pm

Her'es hoping all this backfires on Jadue, here I find myself agreeing with a socialist.
Narvaez calling him out,
With regards to popular support for Jadue, and with regards to constitutional change, either the public is confused or this was never about what the public wanted. The two are not compatible, you can't claim disillusionment with the political establishment and demand constitutional change then vote in someone like Jadue. He's not your friend, he's not one of you. Maybe just all coming to fruition what others have been saying here all along.
Time will tell I guess.

https://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/ ... ncion.html
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24180
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: The New Constitution

Post by admin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:51 pm

just watched an interview with one of these "el pueblo" people (constitutional writers that signed that letter), and they want the power for instance to block the Carabineros from being in the building at all, and a bunch of other crap that is not in their power.

Just wait until something happens to one of them, and they will be screaming for more security.

they are just fundamentally fucking delusional about what office they ran for, and what the job description is all about.

They are glorified fucking secretaries; but, somehow think they were elected to congress. the only thing they got, is the same over sized pay check (for probably doing nothing like congress).

FYI, the only reason we are in this mess was because congress was too politically chickenshit to rewrite or reform the constitution themselves. classic, if one beucratic can not do the job, let's throw another 155 + staff at the problem.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Jamers41
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: The New Constitution

Post by Jamers41 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:54 am

I'm surprised no one has made any commentary here yet about yesterday's run off elections.

Then again, there is technically not an appropriate thread (this is the closest recent subject in my humble opinion) and it was for "governors", whose job function is not 100% clearly defined yet from what I understand. Are they going to get any actual powers?

User avatar
41southchile
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: The New Constitution

Post by 41southchile » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:09 am

Jamers41 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:54 am
I'm surprised no one has made any commentary here yet about yesterday's run off elections.

Then again, there is technically not an appropriate thread (this is the closest recent subject in my humble opinion) and it was for "governors", whose job function is not 100% clearly defined yet from what I understand. Are they going to get any actual powers?
Not sure if it even counts as an election , 20 percent participation rate, lol.

In New Zealand they have so many awards ceremonies for everything under the sun, best farmer, best young farmer, most innovative farmer, best environmental farmer, best health and safety farmer, best Maori farmer, best this, that, and every other thing.

And not just farming, it's across all sectors.

To the point that in my mind the whole thing becomes irrelevant its just self congratulationary ceremonies every coupe of months, to the point they become meaningless and irrelevant

In some ways I think that is what happens in democracies, like Chile and U.S. So many votes, so much apathy , and then politicians have the sense of humour to tell us all what a great thing democracy is, because we are all special and all get to "choose" and watch out for those autocrats, lol, what a joke.
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 24180
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: The New Constitution

Post by admin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:26 am

yea, we decided not to go vote yesterday as we were all fine with either of the two canidates winning in los lagos.

Besides it is undemocratic. I believe in one person, one vote.

none of these candidates were worth me voting twice for them. 😆

I am just happy the FA canidate lost in the metro region.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Post Reply