PDI guys, busted

Gripes and complaints about Chile. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. Help make Chile a better place, and help other gringos avoid problems and mistakes.
admin
Site Admin

Re: PDI guys, busted

Post by admin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:31 am

yea, they were running some type of protection ring for the drug dealers.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

momof3

Post by momof3 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:46 am

PDI?
We agree to disagree.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Erfenbacher wrote:
momof3 wrote:PDI?
PDI.

Surprised? And their bosses are being fired (retired) as well including the PDI commander for the RM. Over 1100 arrest cases now have to be reviewed. We probably have not heard the end of this. And I suspect a lot of other PDI types are a bit worried at this point.

----------

Headline: Red de corrupción en PDI: caen dos jefes policiales y revisan más de 100 casos.

El director general de la PDI informó que los llamados a retiro afectaron al jefe de la Región Metropolitana, prefecto inspector Guillermo Alarcón Cabezas, integrante del alto mando de la institución y al jefe de la Prefectura Occidente, prefecto, Alvaro Melo Alvarez.

Según las defensas de los 10 policías arrestados, desde enero de 2011 a la fecha efectuaron 1.116 detenciones. Todas ellas serán revisadas.

---------------------

and there is another story today about investigators finding over 1,900 pounds of drugs in Antofagasta that on paper had already been documented as destroyed by police there. That included almost 600 pounds of cocaine. The story says that the drugs were found at offices of the regional health department. So supposedly the authorities are removing the drugs from that region since the authorities there can't seem to do reliable destruction and are probably involved in re-trafficking of seized drugs.
Wow, the Colombianos at their Best! To distribute goods in the USoA is nearly impossible now days,so therefore let re-aim to South American countries with money to spend! I thought, Brazilian were comsuming the powder. Chilean likes the stuff as well?
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 pm

CHILE #2 in S.A. continent in Cocaine consumption? I thought the Peruvian and the Bolivians were the afamed addict for.?
Both Countries produce the _Goods_ in reference. But Argentina and Chile?.. Woof, I have never even thought about these countries! Cocaine is bad for a nation's economy and pursuant to aiding the rise of crimes in such cases.
Also to my understanding is the Nation or the inhabitants has to have disposable spare money to spend in Designer Drugs such in this case "Cocaina".. How come, the Chileans with an average income per capita of, only US$450.00 per month has that kind of _dough_ to spend on Drugs?? Hard to comprehend indeed..

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Erfenbacher wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:CHILE #2 in S.A. continent in Cocaine consumption? I thought the Peruvian and the Bolivians were the afamed addict for.?
Both Countries produce the _Goods_ in reference. But Argentina and Chile?.. Woof, I have never even thought about these countries! Cocaine is bad for a nation's economy and pursuant to aiding the rise of crimes in such cases.
Also to my understanding is the Nation or the inhabitants has to have disposable spare money to spend in Designer Drugs such in this case "Cocaina".. How come, the Chileans with an average income per capita of, only US$450.00 per month has that kind of _dough_ to spend on Drugs?? Hard to comprehend indeed..
Oto-chan, the raw materials are certainly produced in Peru and Bolivia but the processing from the raw coca leaves is often done elsewhere, including Chile. Although there is much consumption of the raw coca leaf in Peru and Bolivia, Chile and Argentina are the champion consumers of the finished product, the cocaine.

And yes, as you cleverly observed, this business, and the high rates of burglary and other theft, are a significant part of the crime problems in both countries. Please do not confuse the "average income" numbers with "enhanced purchasing power achieved through theft from neighbors."

....and they don't pay NA prices......or I assume they don't........
It's all about the wine.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:47 pm

nwdiver wrote:
Erfenbacher wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:CHILE #2 in S.A. continent in Cocaine consumption? I thought the Peruvian and the Bolivians were the afamed addict for.?
Oto-chan, the raw materials are certainly produced in Peru and Bolivia but the processing from the raw coca leaves is often done elsewhere, including Chile. Although there is much consumption of the raw coca leaf in Peru and Bolivia, Chile and Argentina are the champion consumers of the finished product, the cocaine.

And yes, as you cleverly observed, this business, and the high rates of burglary and other theft, are a significant part of the crime problems in both countries. Please do not confuse the "average income" numbers with "enhanced purchasing power achieved through theft from neighbors."

....and they don't pay NA prices......or I assume they don't........
Oh Hi nwdiver-San..
Do you mean by NA prices such AS $150.00 per gram.? I was talking to a few rich kids that frequents the Club Sport Gym I go for re-hab work and heard them talking and saying, topic good shit Cocaine ongoing market prices in the streets!

So then the prices in Chile for much better grade "White Powder" there vs the _diluted_ merchandise sold here in the States..Must be very cheap in order for the Chilenitos to afford buying ?

PCSM

Post by PCSM » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:55 pm

The prices are indeed much much cheaper than what you would pay in North America making drugs available to all segments of society and certainly very attractive to those living 'de plaza Italia para arriba'.

The prices in this article are about what I hear from talking to family and friends in Chile. Pot is smoked casually by a good percentage of the population. Many on a casual basis just as here in Canada. But cocaine is a revelation. It is cheap for many and even if you factor the cost for the poorer segments of society, you would be better able to support a coke habit in Chile than say Canada.

http://www.senda.gob.cl/observatorio/bo ... boletin08/

For those not reading Spanish, a joint was running about 1040 pesos in 2010 (these are averages. Will vary by neighbourhood), a gram of cocaine was 6643 pesos (again will vary by purity, neighbourhood), pasta base was around 1409....

The average monthly amount spent on drugs by users was 17.948 pesos.... The last available year for this stat was 2008. It is interesting to note that the amount spent on drugs by people of means is only like 1000 pesos more a month. The lower economic sectors have been hit hard by drug use.

So as you can see incredibly cheap....

When we factor in the cost of booze in Chile, it is no wonder that with the cost of these items and the lack of higher taxes on alcohol that there are major problems.

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:58 pm

PCSM wrote:The prices are indeed much much cheaper than what you would pay in North America making drugs available to all segments of society and certainly very attractive to those living 'de plaza Italia para arriba'.

The prices in this article are about what I hear from talking to family and friends in Chile. Pot is smoked casually by a good percentage of the population. Many on a casual basis just as here in Canada. But cocaine is a revelation. It is cheap for many and even if you factor the cost for the poorer segments of society, you would be better able to support a coke habit in Chile than say Canada.

http://www.senda.gob.cl/observatorio/bo ... boletin08/

For those not reading Spanish, a joint was running about 1040 pesos in 2010 (these are averages. Will vary by neighbourhood), a gram of cocaine was 6643 pesos (again will vary by purity, neighbourhood), pasta base was around 1409....

The average monthly amount spent on drugs by users was 17.948 pesos.... The last available year for this stat was 2008. It is interesting to note that the amount spent on drugs by people of means is only like 1000 pesos more a month. The lower economic sectors have been hit hard by drug use.

So as you can see incredibly cheap....

When we factor in the cost of booze in Chile, it is no wonder that with the cost of these items and the lack of higher taxes on alcohol that there are major problems.
Will we be adding this to the Wiki? :D

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Can one go to SERNAC if there is a customer service or fraud issue?
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:38 pm

From what I've seen on the sqwark box (TV) isn't a lot of the cocaine drug labs for south america in Chile, the original produce comes in from Peru. So naturally it would be cheap here having no shipping risk.

As for the 10 PDI I feel the facts are blurred. I hear different things from different news, all I know is the PDI arrested a women after a drugs raid (which involved 4 carribineros and 10 PDI) which they did not have the paperwork to undertake. They arrested the pregnant women for stabbing a PDI officer, but now in court, the defence attorney has brung up more evidence that she did not stab the PDI officer at all, and this has led to people believing the storey the PDI beat all of the people. But at this point there isn't clear substantial evidence to say exactly what has happened, only that the PDI have played foul play with the truth.

Yes it might of been in the news more lately. No the PDI hasn't been any worse then before. There quite an extreme institution, but so is the FBI? Illegal phoning tapping and such scandles in the news in the US from what I see occasionally in the UK before. Chile still hasn't had the 50,000 murders mexico has experienced in the last 6 years, or the 3,100 murders Sao Pualo had in just the period of Jan - August this year.

My best tip is avoid dealing with people who deal with drugs, night clubs, and other dodgey rackets that attract the corrupt types and you'll do just fine. You won't be one of the those bodies the PDI find out miles from no where in the campo (how do they find those? I am always suspicious haha).

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:05 am

Dosedmonkey :

> You won't be one of the those bodies the PDI find out miles from no where in the >campo (how do they find those? I am always suspicious haha).

Found by the local vegan that wanted to live far from cell towers, busy roads and pollution sources???

Dosedmonkey

Post by Dosedmonkey » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Possible. The country side is big though. You'd hope people would burry them better, littering the countryside is just selfish.