Corruption in Chile - senators

Gripes and complaints about Chile. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. Help make Chile a better place, and help other gringos avoid problems and mistakes.
faceandvoice

Re: Corruption in Chile - senators

Post by faceandvoice » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:44 am

LOL...well Mr. Robert 'patagoniax' Runyard, as an employee of Lockheed Martin, does a wonderful job of pushing his bosses stories, I'll give him that. Those of us who actually live, love, and work in Chile already know the truth about this story, but I will clarify for the soon-to-be expat crowd.

Mr. Horvath is one of the only elected members of government who has defended his constitutents against the damming project. For this, he has had his house burned down (an act Mr. Runyard celebrated), and now has had his internet identity breached. The alleged video by hacker group 'Anonymous' claiming responsibility for the attack is a very obvious forgery for anyone who has ever seen their prior videos.

It is extremely easy to hack computers. You and your identity are not safe on the internet, remember that.

seawolf180

Post by seawolf180 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:49 pm

faceandvoice wrote:LOL...well Mr. Robert 'patagoniax' Runyard, as an employee of Lockheed Martin, does a wonderful job of pushing his bosses stories, I'll give him that. Those of us who actually live, love, and work in Chile already know the truth about this story, but I will clarify for the soon-to-be expat crowd.

Mr. Horvath is one of the only elected members of government who has defended his constitutents against the damming project. For this, he has had his house burned down (an act Mr. Runyard celebrated), and now has had his internet identity breached. The alleged video by hacker group 'Anonymous' claiming responsibility for the attack is a very obvious forgery for anyone who has ever seen their prior videos.

It is extremely easy to hack computers. You and your identity are not safe on the internet, remember that.
Would be interesting for you to elaborate more on those comments.
Don't Tread On Me Either.

gloriosopicante

Post by gloriosopicante » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:36 pm

seawolf180 wrote:
faceandvoice wrote:LOL...well Mr. Robert 'patagoniax' Runyard, as an employee of Lockheed Martin, does a wonderful job of pushing his bosses stories, I'll give him that. Those of us who actually live, love, and work in Chile already know the truth about this story, but I will clarify for the soon-to-be expat crowd.

Would be interesting for you to elaborate more on those comments.
Fuck it. Horvath flavor is not a cookie that I would chew without rinsing my mouth with chloride afterwards, or without getting it removed with a pair of pliers, then burned and burned again.
Some people are cut to be professional, rational human beings, and even good people, some others are not much more than a sack of balls with a nice tie, and a recurrent common sense, absent when convenient. The ladies love the latter.
Either way, horrendous personal behavior does not invalidate his professional work, but a crime can throw you into jail. It was his choice, be it whatever it was. If he was chinese, he would've risked death penalty if I'm not mistaken. I wonder how many senators would survive their entire period under those circumstances...

California South

Post by California South » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 am

LOL...well Mr. Robert 'patagoniax' Runyard, as an employee of Lockheed Martin, does a wonderful job of pushing his bosses stories, I'll give him that. Those of us who actually live, love, and work in Chile already know the truth about this story, but I will clarify for the soon-to-be expat crowd.

People have usernames for a reason. "Outing" someone is not clever, frankly, it's creepy. You choose to stay hidden behind "faceandvoice".
I am totally unfamiliar with this issue and Mr. Horvath, and I will endeavor to be objective, but argumentum ad hominem is not persuasive to win an argument. You may want to revisit your debate class notes.
Either way, horrendous personal behavior does not invalidate his professional work, but a crime can throw you into jail.
^^ the bottom line in this mess.
Stultorum infinitus est numerus

Andres

Post by Andres » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:45 am

faceandvoice wrote:The alleged video by hacker group 'Anonymous' claiming responsibility for the attack is a very obvious forgery for anyone who has ever seen their prior videos.
"Anonymous" is so amorphous, it can not even be defined as a group, and many people using the moniker have said it is not a group. They certainly do not have an enforceable video design standard.
That could be interpreted as a threat. I hope it is not.
LOL...well Mr. Robert 'patagoniax' Runyard, as an employee of Lockheed Martin, does a wonderful job of pushing his bosses stories,

In case you want fodder for future irrelevant and baseless ad hominem accusations, I used to work for Boeing and Raytheon as a contractor.
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.
I accept chaos. I'm not sure whether it accepts me.