CNN Patagonia article

Gripes and complaints about Chile. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. Help make Chile a better place, and help other gringos avoid problems and mistakes.
Tombi

Re: CNN Patagonia article

Post by Tombi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:19 pm

you can be deprived of the fundamental comforts of modern life in the middle of some gawdforsaken wilderness so you can pretend to be a pioneer or colonist or something
Sounds like the type of holiday most spoilt city kids (mine included) needs at some point in their lives Nothing like frostbitten fingers to help them forget about Nintendo. :lol:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:48 pm

yea, I never understood the dude ranch concept. So, you are talking a bunch of suckers in to paying you to do manual labor on your farm?

Considering I have never met a farmer anywhere in the World that would not let you just walk up for free and help him with his work, it is a rather absurd concept; but, I guess it is a new experience for some. The only hesitation you might get would be that they may think you are little crazy.

As for me, I have done more than one tour of duty bucking bails of hay for ungrateful horses and cows as a teenager. Although I do have to admit, it does make more sense than buying a membership in a gym for those that live in cities.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

john

Post by john » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Yeah, forget about a dude ranch ... six weeks at a Kibbutz will fix you right up! :wink:
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell

Tombi

Post by Tombi » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:55 am

john wrote:Yeah, forget about a dude ranch ... six weeks at a Kibbutz will fix you right up! :wink:
I did that when I was 19 back in '96, loved it. I was in charge of the petting zoo and pony rides on the beach! :lol:

john

Post by john » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Tombi wrote:I did that when I was 19 back in '96, loved it. I was in charge of the petting zoo and pony rides on the beach!
I did my six week stint when I was 21 back in '63, loved it too. I was involved in bringing in the harvest ... nothing quite so exotic as you. 8)
One must care about a world one will not see.
--- Bertrand Russell