Chile, country of innovators?

Gripes and complaints about Chile. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. Help make Chile a better place, and help other gringos avoid problems and mistakes.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Chile, country of innovators?

Post by admin » Fri May 27, 2011 4:41 pm

I think the target, and I am not sure how, would be to some how inject an incentive at the family level. Family is everything as far as directing people and the society as a whole in Chile. If you can motivate the family to motivate someone, you can get a lot done in Chile.

Not sure how that would work. I have found that it does work even in our own business. Taking some sort of interest in employees family or building a relationship with their family produces better and more motivated workers that are loyal.

Now, how to translate that in to real innovative entrepreneurs is a problem I am not sure about how, but if there is a solution it will be at the family level.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Chile, country of innovators?

Post by admin » Fri May 27, 2011 4:49 pm

You know on the research front, I can not completely knock Chile (although it is bad). I went to grad school in Europe, and I seen a lot of really talented professors writing papers and then just exchanging them up and down the hall way or self-publishing their books (with grants from the government or the University). There was no real motivations or need for them to chase publications outside their departments or university. There was high level of academic or intellectual inbreeding going on in the way they patted each other on the back for rather so so "just meet the employment contract requirements" sort of work with no real concern about being fired or replaced.

A few outright told me that for grad school go to the states, for undergraduate studies go to europe (of course I found that out way too late).
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.