Not the happiest

Gripes and complaints about Chile. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. Help make Chile a better place, and help other gringos avoid problems and mistakes.
jcarloschile

Re: Not the happiest

Post by jcarloschile » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:25 pm

frozen-north wrote:Number 1 = Costa Rica !!

Panama is number seven, with Chile in 19 place. :?

For the 2012 ranking, 151 countries were compared, and the best scoring country for the second time in a row was Costa Rica, followed by Vietnam, Colombia, Belize and El Salvador. The lowest ranking countries in 2012 were Botswana, Chad and Qatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Planet_Index
You dont have to taking serious about happyness rates and statistical data. I say thats pure abstract thoughts it cant represent the country reality.
Why? Years ago I was studying about a country for living with my wife and Brazil in OCDE has much higher happyness rates than Chile but loses all indicators that matters.... :shock:
So whats more important? health indicators, housing, economy or some kind of happy feeling totally and incredible abstract??? Cmon.
I didnt take care about it and leave brazil follow Chile, its a much better country for living.

El Chupacabra

Post by El Chupacabra » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:27 pm

We just spent 5 weeks in Costa Rica. Honestly - we are considering purchasing a vacation property there, it's that nice. I can see why it's at the top. The people there are great, kind, educated, friendly, respectful, etc. Really nothing bad I can say about the ticos as people. And they all seem very happy. Pura Vida!
Living the life!

jcarloschile

Post by jcarloschile » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:58 pm

sorry my friend but I have to friendly disagree. here in South America world Chile is the best for me. I wouldn´t like to exchange for panama or something hole at central america. sorry.