Let's all laugh at nK

Gripes and complaints about Chile. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. Help make Chile a better place, and help other gringos avoid problems and mistakes.
MikieO

Re: Let's all laugh at nK

Post by MikieO » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:56 am

Reminds me of the running n*&ger targets we had back in the day, a guy with a boom box on his shoulder.
Then there were the "vato" targets we used to set up for LAPD shoots, with the IPSC silhouettes wearing
plaid lumberjack shirts and bandanas. But I guess it's all in fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgM62hdIm0w
“Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes

ryanar

Post by ryanar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Kim Jong Un.jpg
Kim Jong Un.jpg (26.05 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
Nothing to do with Chile though...

Vicki and Greg Lansen

Post by Vicki and Greg Lansen » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:37 pm

MikieO wrote:Reminds me of the running n*&ger targets we had back in the day, a guy with a boom box on his shoulder.
Then there were the "vato" targets we used to set up for LAPD shoots, with the IPSC silhouettes wearing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgM62hdIm0w
Huh?

bergberg

Post by bergberg » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 pm

MikieO wrote:Reminds me of the running n*&ger targets we had back in the day, a guy with a boom box on his shoulder.
Are you serious? So you witnessed this kind of sorry behavior during LAPD training exercises and did nothing about it? In fact, you took part in it? What a team player! All in good fun, right? Just like a video game! Except that the bullets cops use are actually very real and they do injure and kill people. In LA and NY, a disproportionate large number of black and brown folks are killed every year by the police. There's also plenty of police brutality to go around.

Police officers are given special powers above those of ordinary citizens. They are legally authorized to use lethal force on people. In exchange for such privileges, they are sworn to serve and protect, to enforce the law, and to follow a strict code conduct while wearing a uniform. The training of officers (or future officers) is not a comedy skit. Allowing these kinds of activities, even in jest, is not just irresponsible, it's immoral. It's bound to have a corrosive effect on the mind set of the group, possibly leading to some very nasty consequences later on.

If what you're saying is true and you lived it, then shame on you! If you're just trolling, then +1

atacama78

Post by atacama78 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Not all chilenos are laughing...

http://www.kfa.cl

MikieO

Post by MikieO » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:52 pm

No, not Pendleton Ranges, this was a gun club in Elsinore. Being private, we had a lot of latitude with the types of shoots we hosted.
Being a board member and un PC, I designed and hosted this particular advanced "invitation only" night 3 gun match.
By the time the word got out among the regular officers we had a lot of SWAT guys calling up looking for invitations.
After the cap (30 shooters) was hit, I had to decline several guys.

The Vatos were at 100yds and on either side of a hostage, set on a "mover" with a guy in the butts moving it back and forth erratically, light was via headlights 100 yds distant. As I recall, the hostage was never tagged although several shooters only managed one on each vato.

There was a BBQ and t shirt included in the entry fee, the front of the shirt was "3 gun night shoot" but the back of the
(all black) shirt was adorned with only eyes and teeth. Got it?
I cannot tell you how many cops asked for those shirts later at SWAT events we hosted.
I could have filled a roster every month were I to continue hosting the shoots but it was time consuming.

Immoral? cry me a river :roll:
“Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical.” ~ Calvin & Hobbes

Vicki and Greg Lansen

Post by Vicki and Greg Lansen » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:10 pm

MikieO wrote:No, not Pendleton Ranges, this was a gun club in Elsinore. Being private, we had a lot of latitude with the types of shoots we hosted.
Being a board member and un PC, I designed and hosted this particular advanced "invitation only" night 3 gun match.
By the time the word got out among the regular officers we had a lot of SWAT guys calling up looking for invitations.

The Vatos were at 100yds and on either side of a hostage, set on a "mover" with a guy in the butts moving it back and forth erratically, light was via headlights 100 yds distant. As I recall, the hostage was never tagged although several shooters only managed one on each vato.

There was a BBQ and t shirt included in the entry fee, the front of the shirt was "3 gun night shoot" but the back of the
I cannot tell you how many cops asked for those shirts later at SWAT events we hosted.
I could have filled a roster every month were I to continue hosting the shoots but it was time consuming.

Very sad and very telling. I am not surprised you find that an accomplishment.

Vicki and Greg Lansen

Post by Vicki and Greg Lansen » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Screen shots and IP's over the years are providing an interesting portfolio. :D

bergberg

Post by bergberg » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:38 am

MikieO wrote:No, not Pendleton Ranges, this was a gun club in Elsinore. Being private, we had a lot of latitude with the types of shoots we hosted.

Ouch! At first, I wasn't sure what to make of your post, but I guess you are the real deal, after all. :shock:
The way you described it initially, it sounded as if this was standard LAPD training for officers, all financed by us suckers, I mean taxpayers. It's somewhat of a relief (though not much of one) to find out that this was a private affair. I do appreciate your candor, as this kind of information is not easy to come by, but you are one twisted pretzel. Surely, you must know that.
So what's your on plate these days? Are you working for Blackwater (aka Academi/Xe Services/whatever)?

JHyre

Post by JHyre » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 pm

Between the ACLU, outfits like La Raza, whiny weeping liberals, and flat-out anti-police hostility by the residents chugging the Kool-Aid, many minority neighborhoods are ruled by the Rodney Kings and not by law and order. How's that working out for your beloved Little Brown Brothers? Where is it that murder rates are at their highest again? Do explain how that's really not a choice on the part of locals but something forced on hapless minorities by Evil White People.

John Hyre

MikieO

Post by MikieO » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 pm

JHyre wrote:Between the ACLU, outfits like La Raza, whiny weeping liberals, and flat-out anti-police hostility by the residents chugging the Kool-Aid, many minority neighborhoods are ruled by the Rodney Kings and not by law and order. How's that working out for your beloved Little Brown Brothers? Where is it that murder rates are at their highest again? Do explain how that's really not a choice on the part of locals but something forced on hapless minorities by Evil White People.

John Hyre
Well, as I am so twisted I'd better not be so candid in future lest my screen shots catch up with me. That said, the residents of Detroit must be breathing sighs of relief, the running of the city being now out of the hands of the usual suspects. And in case anyone is in any doubt as to why these police chaps are stereotyping, here's the gist of it.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 97464.html
Or for a more global look google the color of crime.
Keeping the theme Chilean, several of my good friends in chile worked for a US contractor as mercs in Basra. My shooting buddy and good friend from Elsinore being their supervisor and trainer. If you want UN PC, these are some real beauties. :mrgreen:

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:23 pm

MikieO wrote:
And in case anyone is in any doubt as to why these police chaps are stereotyping, here's the gist of it.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 97464.html
Or for a more global look google the color of crime.
Since it is the second time you post that link as proof of 'the color of crime', I'll post some quotes from that article:

Despite the declining U.S. murder rate, killings remain stubbornly high in poor pockets of cities large and small.

Because black-on-black violence tends to stay concentrated within poorer, inner-city areas, there is a lack of wider awareness of the depth of the problem, ...

People who dismiss high homicide rates in poor, mostly black neighborhoods as someone else's problem ignore the cost to society,....

The effort, now under way, focuses on poor neighborhoods that are hot spots for violent crime...