Margaret Thatcher, 1925-2013

Gripes and complaints about Chile. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. Help make Chile a better place, and help other gringos avoid problems and mistakes.
Sigma62Delta

Re: Margaret Thatcher, 1925-2013

Post by Sigma62Delta » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:56 pm

JHyre wrote:No worries, when Jimmy Carter finally kicks off, I mean to be a complete tool about it. I'll get sloppy drunk, celebrate loudly and be even more annoying than usual. So enjoy this one while you can.

As to ship-builders and coal miners....they are akin to the now unemployed steel workers from my home town of Youngstown, Ohio. I have no pity for any of them. I grew up among the steel workers, I know how much they made, how little they worked and how thuggish they were willing to be to extort even more from their employers. No tears here, their lack of employment is just desserts.

John Hyre
Was in Ironton, Ohio and West Union, Oh not to long ago. Reminded me of Eastern Europe. Really run down and just plain shitty looking its not a really small town either. Was far worse than the cotton mills in the South because with the cotton mills gone new businesses came in to replace them. Meanwhile in heavily Unionized areas the businesses either go overseas or go south where you have free choice. All that those town have now are Walmart and Nuclear Power plant. Two places I would rather not ever be desperate enough to work out.
Architect of Aggression

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
R Heinlein..

JHyre

Re: Margaret Thatcher, 1925-2013

Post by JHyre » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Was in Ironton, Ohio and West Union, Oh
Oh wow. Even Youngstown is a shining city on a hill compared to those joints. Sad. And perfectly predictable. Yay unions!

John Hyre