My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Gripes and complaints about Chile. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. Help make Chile a better place, and help other gringos avoid problems and mistakes.
HybridAmbassador

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:12 pm

picalena wrote:The lack of sat radio is the least of your worries. I would be hard pressed to think of a worse vehicle for the kind of trip you are talking about making. The roads in Chile and Argentina are going to eat that car. I don't know about the other countries, but I can't imagine they are any better. I hope you are also bringing a trailer with spare parts.

suerte,
pl
But picalena-san,
the kind of trip you are talking about making
I have only mentioned to travel Chile~Argentina..I have no intention to survey the 140 Km wind swept area of Patagonia. My main purpose to travel is to find an acceptable region of Chile~Argentina to settle in plus want to open an _avant garde_Automated Sushi place. So has to be located where there are enough populace to support my intended business. So I won't be going to places inpassable with a 2 wd vehicle. Thank you for your concern despite.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:18 pm

admin wrote:it will will be just fine. You need to buy a 4x4 trailer and truck to haul it. Also a moderate size helicopter might be able haul it around just fine.
I would be visiting down to where you are located or perhaps a bit south if traversable in a 2wd vehicle, not much down south though. So I still no need of a four wheel drive vehicle. My Prius V will do just fine, engineered with Vehicle stability control and traction control to make the going easier. If I intending to travel much deeper down south, I will be bringing in the FJ Cruiser, the most capable better than the 4Runners. https://www.google.com/search?q=2013+To ... e&ie=UTF-8

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:46 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
nwdiver wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
nwdiver wrote:You do know the sat radio for SiriusXM won’t work in South America? Sold you a pig in a polk, eh........Those crafty sales people...........
nwdiver-san, thank you for your comment. Those crafty sales-people...I have trained them.! plus the financing productivity as well.! You can change country of coverage and pay a little extras then , Voila.! You get to listen
to the Sat radio, anywhere in the world. So my pig and myself finally headding to Chile~Argie~Brazil~Uruguay~Paraguay soon hoping.? Out of those 5 above, only Chile~Argentina or both will be my place of future residence. And actually the Prius V purchase was due to your PM suggestions.! Domo-Arigato, Mr, nwdiver-san..

Which company offers sat radio in Chile or anywhere in SA? I think they really took you for a ride, no satellites, no sat radio, I guess you could launch your own satellite, but that would be ALLOT more ;)

I bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius when it started up and have been hoping for a link in Chile, but there are no plans from that group nor any others I can find to launch a southern hemisphere satellite.
I bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius when it started up and have been hoping for a link in Chile, but there are no plans from that group nor any others I can find to launch a southern hemisphere satellite
Buy or upgrade your Highlander Hybrid vehicle to a newer one that offers you the Toyota/Lexus "Entune internet able Satellite Radio system." Wherever you are,your GPS position in the world you have a connection to the satellite signal. if you are connected to Wi-Fi wave then you can down load signals for a satellite radio. XM/Sirius are one of the band-radio providers. So for you to link your Sirius, your on vehicle Radio has to have the "Internet Wi-Fi" such as the Toyota _Entune_ system connection capability, although you have to pay a monthly subscription for the service. The system would work as if you are using a "Satellite able cell Telephone" in down south part of Chile. So sorry to hear that your subscription to Sirius radio does not work in south of Chile. Up grade your radio unit of your Highlander Hybrid to a Toyota/Lexus Entune system.
http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/ ... ice/entune

Sorry to say THIS REALLY LOUD, BUT THERE PRESENTLY ARE NO SATELLITES FOR SIRIUSXM RADIO IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISHPERE. YOU JUST DON’T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND, I WOULD GO IN AN SLAP THE SH!T OUT OF THE MANAGER THAT KEEP MISINFORMING YOU. WELL I”D FIRE HIM.
You are now trying to sell me “pig in a polk”

“Toyota Entune is a fully integrated multimedia navigation system using a connected mobile phone to access the internet. Additional information such as traffic, weather, sports scores, stocks and fuel prices can be accessed without a smartphone, but instead via subscription from SiriusXM.”
Note it uses SiriusXM (which I have for NA) AND CELL PHONES. So in the Southern Hemisphere you will be using CELL PHONES not a satellite.
It's all about the wine.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:51 pm

nwdiver wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
nwdiver wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
nwdiver wrote:You do know the sat radio for SiriusXM won’t work in South America? Sold you a pig in a polk, eh........Those crafty sales people...........
nwdiver-san, thank you for your comment. Those crafty sales-people...I have trained them.! plus the financing productivity as well.! You can change country of coverage and pay a little extras then , Voila.! You get to listen
to the Sat radio, anywhere in the world. So my pig and myself finally headding to Chile~Argie~Brazil~Uruguay~Paraguay soon hoping.? Out of those 5 above, only Chile~Argentina or both will be my place of future residence. And actually the Prius V purchase was due to your PM suggestions.! Domo-Arigato, Mr, nwdiver-san..

Which company offers sat radio in Chile or anywhere in SA? I think they really took you for a ride, no satellites, no sat radio, I guess you could launch your own satellite, but that would be ALLOT more ;)

I bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius when it started up and have been hoping for a link in Chile, but there are no plans from that group nor any others I can find to launch a southern hemisphere satellite.
I bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius when it started up and have been hoping for a link in Chile, but there are no plans from that group nor any others I can find to launch a southern hemisphere satellite
Buy or upgrade your Highlander Hybrid vehicle to a newer one that offers you the Toyota/Lexus "Entune internet able Satellite Radio system." Wherever you are,your GPS position in the world you have a connection to the satellite signal. if you are connected to Wi-Fi wave then you can down load signals for a satellite radio. XM/Sirius are one of the band-radio providers. So for you to link your Sirius, your on vehicle Radio has to have the "Internet Wi-Fi" such as the Toyota _Entune_ system connection capability, although you have to pay a monthly subscription for the service. The system would work as if you are using a "Satellite able cell Telephone" in down south part of Chile. So sorry to hear that your subscription to Sirius radio does not work in south of Chile. Up grade your radio unit of your Highlander Hybrid to a Toyota/Lexus Entune system.

Sorry to say THIS REALLY LOUD, BUT THERE PRESENTLY ARE NO SATELLITES FOR SIRIUSXM RADIO IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISHPERE. YOU JUST DON’T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND, I WOULD GO IN AN SLAP THE SH!T OUT OF THE MANAGER THAT KEEP MISINFORMING YOU. WELL I”D FIRE HIM.

“Toyota Entune is a fully integrated multimedia navigation system using a connected mobile phone to access the internet. Additional information such as traffic, weather, sports scores, stocks and fuel prices can be accessed without a smartphone, but instead via subscription from SiriusXM.”
Note it uses SiriusXM (which I have for NA) AND CELL PHONES. So in the Southern Hemisphere you will be using CELL PHONES not a satellite.
nwdiver-san, Cool it down...Now you start using the "CAPS", cool it Hey.. Cell phone to connect and download the music works fine with me.If is that the Satellite Radio does not work as you point it out. I will see when I get down there. Besides, I did not purchased the Navi system purposedly, it just happens that the Prius V model Toyota had availbe had this system on the vehicle already..So no "crafty sales-people" of any sort made me buy nothing that .He/She siggested does not exist. Was a direct "Wholesale transaction" with the Dealer who assignated the vehicle for me. I think you forgot, I _used to work for Toyota/Lexus till late..So nobody sold me the "Pig in a polk" what ever this means in your western interpretation. I have a great respect for Canada and its citizens too till late....Sarcasm and cynicism not warranted here.

Best Regards,

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:57 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
nwdiver wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
nwdiver wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:

nwdiver-san, Cool it down...Now you start using the "CAPS", cool it Hey.. Cell phone to connect and download the music works fine with me.If is that the Satellite Radio does not work as you point it out. I will see when I get down there. Besides, I did not purchased the Navi system purposely, it just happens that the Prius V model Toyota had avialbe had the system on the vehicle..So no "crafty sales-people" of any sort made me buy nothing that he siggested.He/She does not exist. Was a direct "Wholesale transaction" with the Dealer who assignated the vehicle for me. I think you forgot, I _used to work for Toyota/Lexus till late..So nobody sold me the "Pig in a polk" what ever this means in your western interpretation. I have a great respect for Canada and its citizens too till late....Sarcasm and cynicism not warranted here.

Best Regards,

You told ME to upgrade to something that does not exist! That is selling me a “pig in a polk” maybe it’s just the salesman in you jumping out, plus I would assume your people would know it doesn’t work in South America.
It's all about the wine.

picalena

Post by picalena » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:07 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
picalena wrote:The lack of sat radio is the least of your worries. I would be hard pressed to think of a worse vehicle for the kind of trip you are talking about making. The roads in Chile and Argentina are going to eat that car. I don't know about the other countries, but I can't imagine they are any better. I hope you are also bringing a trailer with spare parts.

suerte,
pl
But picalena-san,
I have only mentioned to travel Chile~Argentina..I have no intention to survey the 140 Km wind swept area of Patagonia. My main purpose to travel is to find an acceptable region of Chile~Argentina to settle in plus want to open an _avant garde_Automated Sushi place. So has to be located where there are enough populace to support my intended business. So I won't be going to places inpassable with a 2 wd vehicle. Thank you for your concern despite.
Sorry, when you mentioned Uruguay, Paraguay, camping, using your car for heat and cooking, I envisioned something different than staying on the ruta 5. No matter. I frankly don't believe you will ever make it down south anyway. Now you are talking about bringing two cars? I presume you are going to ship them to SA and back. But you were complaining not too long ago about the price of air tickets. :roll: Just so you know, you don't have to go anywhere near the windswept Patagonia to have trouble in that car in Chile. All of your talk of going to see Gloria is south enough to be a problem for your little prius. The freaking lomos in Santiasco are going to eat that car. I would love to see you do the drive on the Mendoza crossing. I presume the trucks are just going to scoop you up on their bumper and you will get a free ride. Just remember - green and black, better turn back. If you ever actually get here, you will know what I mean. And don't -san me anymore, please.

pl

pd - rat, he reminds me of that fahrvegnugen or however you spell that. Same talk, same walk.
A woodsman was once asked, “What would you do if you had just five minutes to chop down a tree?” He answered, “I would spend the first two and a half minutes sharpening my axe.” - Dubious source on the internet

gringalais

Post by gringalais » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:17 pm

I had the same impression, picalena, even the speed bumps and holes in many cities are going to be a problem for a car that low - let alone back country dirt or gravel roads.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 pm

You told ME to upgrade to something that does not exist! That is selling me a “pig in a polk” maybe it’s just the salesman in you jumping out, plus I would assume your people would know it doesn’t work in South America.
I am lost really.. But the suggestion to upgrade to Toyota/Lexus Entune system, the system does exist. You can replace the whole Navi,Radio unit to the "Entune system" or get a newer vehicle equipped with the system..So what are you talkin' of that does not exist.? Do you have the_ Entune system_ on your Highlander Hybrid.? If you don't know, I could try to see if the Canadian HH sold there can be traced by the Toyota vehicle search. Just send me your HH's VIN privately and I can forward your complete vehicle invoice for your viewing perhaps.

Salesmen in me jumpin' out.? I wasn't in nor out.? go figure..? Boy, English is a very complicated language indeed..
ratbert-san, please explain the phrase written...But with_out the Cynicism/Sarcasm remarks....

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 pm

AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh............I can feel, sense and "touch" the LOVE in this thread. There is soooooooooo much LOVE that it could jump out of the screen and knock you right out of seat.
Hybrid-san....never mind what they all say or think about your nice gem. Do your own thing and enjoy yourself to the max. And if you are in a "jam" with it, I can always lend you my little Toyota Yaris Sport.!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:00 pm

picalena wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:

suerte,
pl
But picalena-san,
Sorry, when you mentioned Uruguay, Paraguay, camping, using your car for heat and cooking, I envisioned something different than staying on the ruta 5. No matter. I frankly don't believe you will ever make it down south anyway. Now you are talking about bringing two cars? I presume you are going to ship them to SA and back. But you were complaining not too long ago about the price of air tickets. :roll: Just so you know, you don't have to go anywhere near the windswept Patagonia to have trouble in that car in Chile. All of your talk of going to see Gloria is south enough to be a problem for your little prius. The freaking lomos in Santiasco are going to eat that car. I would love to see you do the drive on the Mendoza crossing. I presume the trucks are just going to scoop you up on their bumper and you will get a free ride. Just remember - green and black, better turn back. If you ever actually get here, you will know what I mean. And don't -san me anymore, please.

pl

pd - rat, he reminds me of that fahrvegnugen or however you spell that. Same talk, same walk.
OK pl, the "san" means Mister or miss or what ever, callin' a person unacquited yet out of respect in my country. Sorry to pay respect to you,I won't do it again..Then let me keep posting responding to your comments above..Apparently you don't know the Prius driving peformance capability..The vehicle is driven all over the USoA and their owners and its number exceeded 2 million mark back in May 2011.The makes are: Toyota/Lexus, Honda, Fords all producing Hybrid vehicles. The Hybrid owners, especially the Prius owners are very happy of their cars capability. It has enough power to tackle any "lomos" without running out of breath versus the common cars going up hill towards Colorado's twin peaks..Or to endure the harsh winters of Minnesota,driving in the snow. Yes I mentioned the ticket prices,one can always try to economise. I intend to do the preliminary travel by plane for a month or so then back to the states to prepare to ship my Prius for perhaps more than a year fact finding trip.Oh and if I like what I see, I might settle there. No need to ship car back,I already have a _buyer in Paraguay. My buyer saz that no need to worry he will pay me in US Dollars, he will pay me dearly so with the receipt, I can buy me a SA version Prius there or, just take the money back to the states if I don't like it.! Are you for real.? the regular 2 wd cars sold in Chile can not make down to Valdivia.? Do you always have to drive a 4x4 pick up vehicle.Are the roads in the south of Chile that bad.? even ratbert-san tells me that the roads are all paved down there. Thnak you for your warnings but Iam very stubborn and when I make up my mind I always go through with my decisions.
http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases/to ... ybrids.htm

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:06 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
I am lost really.. But the suggestion to upgrade to Toyota/Lexus Entune system, the system does exist. You can replace the whole Navi,Radio unit to the "Entune system" or get a newer vehicle equipped with the system..So what are you talkin' of that does not exist.? Do you have the_ Entune system_ on your Highlander Hybrid.? If you don't know, I could try to see if the Canadian HH sold there can be traced by the Toyota vehicle search. Just send me your HH's VIN privately and I can forward your complete vehicle invoice for your viewing perhaps.

Salesmen in me jumpin' out.? I wasn't in nor out.? go figure..? Boy, English is a very complicated language indeed..
ratbert-san, please explain the phrase written...But with_out the Cynicism/Sarcasm remarks....

Ok in plain terms, yes the system exists (in your mind), on that you are right, but in my opinion IT DOES NOT WORK IN SOUTH AMERICA (actually, you hit the Mexican border and it disappears), thus it doesn’t exist, the hard ware is only part of the “system” hareware+software+SERVICE=system, thus the system does not exist. You told me to upgrade to something that will not work and lamented my lifetime Canada subscription to Sirius was a bust, well it works very well in NA, just not south of the US/Mexican border.
For me the only reason to own this NEW system would be the Sat capability, which will not work. You also mention GPS and the systems satellite content in the same sentence sometime back GPS SATILITITES give you positions and a tiny bit of text capability, they do not nor will they ever stream radio.
It's all about the wine.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 pm

gringalais wrote:I had the same impression, picalena, even the speed bumps and holes in many cities are going to be a problem for a car that low - let alone back country dirt or gravel roads.
That low.? Are you talkin' of the Prius height. Ground to car.? It has more ground clearance than most cars sold in Chile.
For exmaple: Corollas, Civics, Sentras,Sonatas- etc. etc. It is a 5 door station wagon..I was talking of doing the camping along the major highways of Chile~Argentina~ plus Uruguay and more countries..Not going out in the dirt..I have checked so many camping grounds in those countries I mentioned and perfectly OK to travel to those location on a 2wd sedans..