My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Gripes and complaints about Chile. What does not kill you, only makes you stronger. Help make Chile a better place, and help other gringos avoid problems and mistakes.
HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3781
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:29 pm

I have acquired my New 2013 model year Travel-Mobile, a Toyota Prius Hybrid Wagonesque-looking called vehicle the V model. Now when can I embark on extended range/time travel along with my vehicle to the enigmatic countries of South America will be the question to attain the possibility to this voyage is my next question.

This vehicle has everything I might need to travel and do some camping on the way if condition permits,It is a Hybrid,a Gas/Electric powered so I can draw all necessary electricity from the Hybrid system to cook and illumination/heating. It has the _world - wide usage GPS/Navi/Telephony system along with the Satellite Radio via the Sirius/XM. Clear HD sound while travelling anywhere in the world.. See the vehicle specs below. Instead of vehicle's Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price list, there is the format called the "Invoice".. Wished everyone shopping for a brand new vehicle in Chile can get ahold of information as so to be a benefit for the buyers when shopping for a new car/truck/suv/mini-vans etc.
https://www.google.com/search?source=ig ... 28bPKvBZRI

18186 VEHICLE INQUIRY REPORT DATE: 03/10/13
DCV920 TIME: 14:36
Model Number: 1249A SERIAL # :D3209935 Check Code: 3

Model Description: 5-DR GAS/ELEC Category ..........: H
Year ............: 2013 Current Dealer ....: 120-04317
Interior Color ..: LA66 LA66 Wholesale Dealer ..: 04317
Exterior Color ..: 0781 SEAGL Previous Dealer ...: 00120
Body ............: Five Model Invoice Date ......: 12/20/12
Number of Cyl ...: 4 Ship Date .........: 12/20/12
Allocation Number: 121 Retail Date .......: 03/09/13
Engine Number ...: 2ZR-5646327 (J) Date of First Use .: 03/09/13
Vessel Number ...: 234 TRAC ..............: NO
Vessel Name .....: CETUS LEADER Damage ...........: NO DAMAGE
Prod Locked Date.: 11/21/12 PDI ...............: YES
Fleet .............: NON-FLEET
Port PDS Complete .: NO
Safety Connect.....: NO
VIN .............: JTDZN3EUXD3209935 Lexus/Toyota Enform: NO
XM Radio ..........: YES
Connected Services.: PREM DISPLAY AU
Factory Installed Accessories: FE EJ PV
Port Installed Accessories ..: CF

Retail Dealer
Vehicle Base Model ....................: $ 30295.00 $ 28202.00
Total Accessories .....................: $ 225.00 $ 140.00

MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE
Hybrid Synergy Drive System, SULEV
1.8L DOHC 16V VVT-i 4-Cylinder Engine
EV/ECO/POWER Modes
17" Alloy Wheels, P215/50R17 Tires
Electric Power Steering (EPS)
4-Whl Disc Brakes/Front Ind Suspension
SAFETY & CONVENIENCE
Star Safety System: VSC, TRAC, ABS,( vehicle stability control, traction control,anti-locking braking system )
Elect Brake-Force Distribution, Brake
Assist(BA) & Smart Stop Technology (SST)
Dr & Fr Pass Advanced Airbag System
Dr & Fr Pass Seat Mounted Side Airbags
Side Curtain Airbags & Dr Knee Airbag
Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) Seats
LATCH(Lwr Anchor & Tethers for CHildren)
for Outboard Rear Seating Positions Only
3 Door Smart Key System
Eng Immobilizer, Tire Press Monitor Sys
EXTERIOR
Rr Splr w/Center High-Mount Stop Light
LED Headlights w/Auto Level Control,
Auto-On/Off Feature & Front Fog Lights
Clr-Keyed Pwr Htd Folding Outside Mrrs
Front Variable & Rear Intermittent Wiper
INTERIOR
Display Audio w/Navigation & Entune:
6.1" Touch-Screen w/Backup Camera, AM/FM/CD
w/MP3/WMA, 6 Spkrs, SXM Radio w/90-day
Trial, HD Radio/Aux/USB & Bluetooth
60/40 Split Sliding/Reclining Fold-Down
Rear Bench Seat w/Armrest & Adj Hdrests
Digital Instrumentation with Trip Info
SofTex-Trimmed Htd Fr Seats w/6-way Dr
Seat w/Power Lumbar & 4-Way Fr Pass Seat
Single-Dial Automatic Climate Control
Center Console w/Armrest, Storage & Tray
Rmte Keyless Entry & Push Button Start
Tilt/Telescopic Steering Whl w/Controls
Cruise Control, Instant MPG Indicator
3 Front & 2 Rear Cup Holders
(1)Fr & (1)Cargo Area 12V Power Outlet
Auto-dim Rearvw Mirror w/HomeLink
Retail Dealer Total
Vehicle Base Model ..................$ 30295.00 $ 28202.00 $ 30295.00
50 State Emissions .........................
Display Audio with Navigation and Entune: ..
Includes 6.1" Touch-screen With Integrated .
Backup Camera Display, AM/FM CD player .....
With MP3/WMA Playback Capability, Six ......
Speakers, SiriusXM Satellite Radio .........
(Includes 90-day Trial Subscription), HD ...
Radio With iTunes Tagging, Auxiliary Audio .
Jack, USB Port With iPod Connectivity and ..
Control, Vehicle Information With ..........
Customizable Settings, Hands-free Phone ....
Capability, Phonebook Access, Advanced .....
Voice Recognition, and Music Streaming via .
Bluetooth Wireless Technology. .............
Entune - Includes Bing, iHeartRadio, Movie .
Tickets.com, OpenTable and Pandora; Real ...
Time Info Including Traffic, Weather, Fuel .
Prices, Sports and Stocks. Access to .......
Entune Services is Complimentary for Three .
Years. See toyota.com/entune for Details. ..
Prius v 5 Standard: 17-in. 10-Spoke Alloy ..
Alloy Wheels with P215/50R17 Tires, LED ....
Headlights with Auto Level Control, ........
Auto-On/Off Feature and Headlight Cleaners .
Integrated Fog Lights, Softex-Trimmed ......
Seating, 3-Door Smart Key System with Push .
Button Start and Remote Illuminated Entry ..
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror w/Homelink. ...
Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat ............. 225.00 140.00
--------- --------- ---------
Total Accessories ...........................: $ 225.00 $ 140.00 $ 225.00
Destination Charge ..........................: $ 795.00 $ 795.00
TDA ........................................: $ 546.00
Gasoline ...................................: $ 13.72
--------- ---------
Total Invoice............................. $ 29.696.72 MSRP list $ 31.315.00
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3781
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:50 pm

ratbert wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:I have acquired my New 2013 model year Travel-Mobile,
For what that cost, you could buy a province in southern Chile.
Yeah right, I couldn't buy not even an acre of land as you responded to who was that internet agro land seeker on the recent forum topic..?
Any way, check out the pics that forgot to post along in the 1st post.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3781
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:54 pm

ratbert wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:I have acquired my New 2013 model year Travel-Mobile,
For what that cost, you could buy a province in southern Chile.
Affordability is the word of the day. Besides, your cool looking Rat-Mobile the pick up truck, isn't cheaper neither I guess.
Iam sure the price you paid, can buy a half-of-province too.!
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
nwdiver
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC and Chile where ever it's Summer
Contact:

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by nwdiver » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:08 pm

You do know the sat radio for SiriusXM won’t work in South America? Sold you a pig in a polk, eh........Those crafty sales people...........
It's all about the wine.

User avatar
Putenio
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: Putenio/Ilque
Contact:

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by Putenio » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Not raining on your day - simply want to share we've owned a Prius (2004) stateside and the battery failed right at 8 years.

One dealership said it wasn't covered, another yes, and promptly replaced. Other than all the special service support associated with the vehicle that you already know our $.02 was were were glad for the warranty.

Apples & oranges, but related. Safe travels!
Enjoying the beautiful southern peninsula of Puerto Montt in the heart of it all.
Tenio Natural Reserve: http://www.visitsouthernchile.blogspot.com

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3781
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 pm

nwdiver wrote:You do know the sat radio for SiriusXM won’t work in South America? Sold you a pig in a polk, eh........Those crafty sales people...........
nwdiver-san, thank you for your comment. Those crafty sales-people...I have trained them.! plus the financing productivity as well.! You can change country of coverage and pay a little extras then , Voila.! You get to listen
to the Sat radio, anywhere in the world. So my pig and myself finally headding to Chile~Argie~Brazil~Uruguay~Paraguay soon hoping.? Out of those 5 above, only Chile~Argentina or both will be my place of future residence. And actually the Prius V purchase was due to your PM suggestions.! Domo-Arigato, Mr, nwdiver-san..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3781
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Putenio wrote:Not raining on your day - simply want to share
we've owned a Prius (2004) stateside and the battery failed right at 8 years.
One dealership said it wasn't covered, another yes, and promptly replaced. Other than all the special service support associated with the vehicle that you already know our $.02 was were were glad for the warranty.

Apples & oranges, but related. Safe travels!
we've owned a Prius (2004) stateside and the battery failed right at 8 years.

Putenio-san, How nice to talk to one of Toyota/Lexus Hybrid owners/ex-owners.
Hmmm, only 8 years.? Then that battery on your previous Prius must have been produced in China.! .( your Prius battery failure was #2 out of millions running perfectly.? )
Normally, the Gen II Prius,_04 ~ 09 models_ and newer, Gen III 2010 to current,its batteries are lasting for the entire life of car...Yep, the Dealers, it is safer for them to say..it is not _covered and charge you in cash up front then gets paid from Toyota Motors again for warranty claims performed.! It is way too hard to re-educate the Dealers in the states that dealt with non-Toyota products for so long ...Most of them had or still have other franchises such as the Domestic branded ones. But we are improving our CSI year after year.. Always striving to be the best Automobile company in the world..
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

User avatar
nwdiver
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC and Chile where ever it's Summer
Contact:

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by nwdiver » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:05 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
nwdiver wrote:You do know the sat radio for SiriusXM won’t work in South America? Sold you a pig in a polk, eh........Those crafty sales people...........
nwdiver-san, thank you for your comment. Those crafty sales-people...I have trained them.! plus the financing productivity as well.! You can change country of coverage and pay a little extras then , Voila.! You get to listen
to the Sat radio, anywhere in the world. So my pig and myself finally headding to Chile~Argie~Brazil~Uruguay~Paraguay soon hoping.? Out of those 5 above, only Chile~Argentina or both will be my place of future residence. And actually the Prius V purchase was due to your PM suggestions.! Domo-Arigato, Mr, nwdiver-san..

Which company offers sat radio in Chile or anywhere in SA? I think they really took you for a ride, no satellites, no sat radio, I guess you could launch your own satellite, but that would be ALLOT more ;)

I bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius when it started up and have been hoping for a link in Chile, but there are no plans from that group nor any others I can find to launch a southern hemisphere satellite.
It's all about the wine.

picalena
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: la novena

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by picalena » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:00 pm

The lack of sat radio is the least of your worries. I would be hard pressed to think of a worse vehicle for the kind of trip you are talking about making. The roads in Chile and Argentina are going to eat that car. I don't know about the other countries, but I can't imagine they are any better. I hope you are also bringing a trailer with spare parts.

suerte,
pl
A woodsman was once asked, “What would you do if you had just five minutes to chop down a tree?” He answered, “I would spend the first two and a half minutes sharpening my axe.” - Dubious source on the internet

Groschi
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Valparaíso, Chile
Contact:

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by Groschi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:25 pm

ratbert wrote:Hybrid-sama,

What are your plans for getting across The Gap?

Image
Hybi-sama, Mr. Darién wants to take your hybrid for a testdrive!!!!

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 17208
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: Frutillar, Chile
Contact:

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by admin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:16 pm

it will will be just fine. You need to buy a 4x4 trailer and truck to haul it. Also a moderate size helicopter might be able haul it around just fine.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador
Rank: Chile Forum Citizen
Posts: 3781
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: My Chile~Argie Mobile arrived, Now when the Journey

Post by HybridAmbassador » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:05 pm

nwdiver wrote:
HybridAmbassador wrote:
nwdiver wrote:You do know the sat radio for SiriusXM won’t work in South America? Sold you a pig in a polk, eh........Those crafty sales people...........
nwdiver-san, thank you for your comment. Those crafty sales-people...I have trained them.! plus the financing productivity as well.! You can change country of coverage and pay a little extras then , Voila.! You get to listen
to the Sat radio, anywhere in the world. So my pig and myself finally headding to Chile~Argie~Brazil~Uruguay~Paraguay soon hoping.? Out of those 5 above, only Chile~Argentina or both will be my place of future residence. And actually the Prius V purchase was due to your PM suggestions.! Domo-Arigato, Mr, nwdiver-san..

Which company offers sat radio in Chile or anywhere in SA? I think they really took you for a ride, no satellites, no sat radio, I guess you could launch your own satellite, but that would be ALLOT more ;)

I bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius when it started up and have been hoping for a link in Chile, but there are no plans from that group nor any others I can find to launch a southern hemisphere satellite.
I bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius when it started up and have been hoping for a link in Chile, but there are no plans from that group nor any others I can find to launch a southern hemisphere satellite
Buy or upgrade your Highlander Hybrid vehicle to a newer one that offers you the Toyota/Lexus "Entune internet able Satellite Radio system." Wherever you are,your GPS position in the world you have a connection to the satellite signal. if you are connected to Wi-Fi wave then you can down load signals for a satellite radio. XM/Sirius are one of the band-radio providers. So for you to link your Sirius, your on vehicle Radio has to have the "Internet Wi-Fi" such as the Toyota _Entune_ system connection capability, although you have to pay a monthly subscription for the service. The system would work as if you are using a "Satellite able cell Telephone" in down south part of Chile. So sorry to hear that your subscription to Sirius radio does not work in south of Chile. Up grade your radio unit of your Highlander Hybrid to a Toyota/Lexus Entune system.
http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/ ... ice/entune
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

Post Reply