Cousin has gone missing in Chilie

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Donnybrook

Re: Cousin has gone missing in Chilie

Post by Donnybrook » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:13 am

Yes, I have been following that one. Unlike the folk on this thread, this family were not nice or grateful for help received. Also the guy was in his mid-twenties, not 18. Peruvians are particularly upset about the helicopter Mom using the term "proof of life", usually associated with kidnappings, as if the Peruvian government was lying to them.

That girlfriend still has time to repent. This is one mother-in-law who will be tagging along on the honeymoon.

Best quote from some comments: One Hand didn't know what the other Hand was doing.

Donnybrook

Re: Cousin has gone missing in Chilie

Post by Donnybrook » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:08 pm

jessicak1234 wrote:To me what sticks out is the expectation to be constantly connected to everyone, via facebook or other means. Why can't people just live their lives like we have successfully for thousands of years before social media.

Just new habits, I suppose. Once you are used to being constantly connected it is difficult to kick the habit. Mind you, this young man seems to have been constantly connected to his mother even without internet! It seems that even telling her they would not be in constant communication due to going to remote places (mother probably equated that to a mall in the next state) she still went crazy. I think they have all had to close their FB pages now. I hope she isn't going to go crazy again.