Traveling South America using only cedula de identidad?

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

shawn1254

Re: Traveling South America using only cedula de identidad?

Post by shawn1254 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Hello,

I have a US passport and an official argentine id document (DNI). When traveling from Argentina to any Mercosur country, I only need that DNI. But if I am traveling directly from the US, do I need a visa or process an Argentine passport?Or can I enter Brazil on my DNI, ... :?
Thanks for help.....

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu May 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Usually passport trumps ID document if you need a visa. When Argentina had the reciprocity fee for US citizens some were hopeful they could enter Argentina on their Chilean ID but it was not allowed.

shawn1254

Post by shawn1254 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:10 am

Hello,

Could anyone of you please suggest me how to find a private tour guide online?? :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 20, 2018 9:44 am

shawn1254 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 pm
Hello,

I have a US passport and an official argentine id document (DNI). When traveling from Argentina to any Mercosur country, I only need that DNI. But if I am traveling directly from the US, do I need a visa or process an Argentine passport?Or can I enter Brazil on my DNI, ... :?
Thanks for help.....
I flew panama to colombia. ENtered colombia with my chilean id without a problem.

The argentina mess was about ripping off tourists. Even argentinen citizens, born in the u.s., were being hit with the entry fee.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

papageno

Post by papageno » Sun May 20, 2018 12:58 pm

admin wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 9:44 am
shawn1254 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 pm
Hello,

Thanks for help.....
I flew panama to colombia. ENtered colombia with my chilean id without a problem.

The argentina mess was about ripping off tourists. Even argentinen citizens, born in the u.s., were being hit with the entry fee.
I was in Argentina for a week recently, and they were no longer collecting the entry fee. I had my old passport with me, with the sticker from 2010, but the Migras said it wasn't necessary.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon May 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Argie fee was dropped some time ago and because of that, they regained my tourist presence back in November with a trip to BA and Patagonia. But outside the beauty of Argie Patagonia and the abundance of cheap delicious crab in Ushuaia, it is no longer a bargain like during my decade on a rotating tourist visa.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Tue May 22, 2018 5:24 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 5:13 pm
Argie fee was dropped some time ago and because of that, they regained my tourist presence back in November with a trip to BA and Patagonia. But outside the beauty of Argie Patagonia and the abundance of cheap delicious crab in Ushuaia, it is no longer a bargain like during my decade on a rotating tourist visa.
No bargain anymore? But of course with inflation of more than 40% up from Kristina regime days to now Macri. All foreign debt time is up on them and Argentina has to pay up but no money in their government coffin. So it needs to get another loan from IMF. Last year remember seeing Macri in Tokyo to see PM Abe for a loan but Abe told Macri to keep relying on Chinese soft power money. I hear all gringos living/visiting BA, they all screaming this country is like being in Venezuela !
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.