RUT

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

FrankPintor

Post by FrankPintor » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi TomBrad, thanks for the reply, but it's not what I need. I have a ROL. I'm not sure if this means I also have RUT, so I can't enter it on the page you mentioned. I think the best thing is to go to the SII office in Providencia with all my documentation and see about straightening everything out. May be a few days before I feel I can handle a day of Chilean bureaucracy, however... I did some more searching of the forum Unfortunately the search string "RUT" gets lots and lots of hits, but I think I found something useful...

tombrad2

Post by tombrad2 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:28 pm

It is not the same, ROL is the number of property and RUT is your personal number both for tax purposes. If you buyed a property you must had obtained both RUT first and ROL is attached to property, If you forgot your RUT number you may check it in the papers of purchase your property.

If the property is at your name in Impuestos Internos office they can also inform your RUT number based in ROL

admin
Site Admin

change

Post by admin » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:04 pm

I know about 7 years ago I had a RUT for a work permit. When I came back and asked for my RUT to initiate activities again with the IRS as a professional they canceled my old one and issued a new one. Since then they have not changed my RUT as I went through all the various visa changes to get residency.

I believe now they just keep the first one they issue to you, rather than canceling the old one.

zulu789

Post by zulu789 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:19 am

Not long ago i contacted a Ejecutiva de Servicios Internacionales (International Services executive)at Citibank in order to open an account in Chile to wire my funds
She informed me that, SII (Servicio de Impuestos Internos) has a RUT for inversionistas (Investors).
And i can obtain this RUT inmediatly at their offices.
I wonder if someone knows about this...

Will this affect me in the future , for the prospect of obtaining residency and working? :?:

tombrad2

Post by tombrad2 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:52 am

So you are solving your trouble, nice!. Anyway there are no such thing as "RUT para Inversionistas" the only kind of RUT are for people (chilean citizen or aliens, are know as "persona natural") and for companies (know as "persona juridica") there are not a special RUT for investors, probably you misunderstood the executive, and she mean that bank can obtain a rut number in your behalf because you are an investor, but I am almost sure that there are not a "special" RUT for investors.

Anyway, being recognized as investor by Banco Central may help you a lot to apply to an investor visa
Arica in a nutshell (updated) at :
http://tomas-bradanovic.blogspot.com/

zulu789

Post by zulu789 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:40 am

tombrad2, based on the e-mail sent to me , with this RUT and an affidavit that the moneys located in the States are "clean" they will be able to open an account for me and transfer the funds to Chile,
Also according to their email they will report to Banco Central de Chile and inform the destination of the funds.
All this with a comission or fee of 0.50% of the amounts being transfered....

Any feedback about this?
Someone have tried this before...?

:?: :?:

tombrad2

Post by tombrad2 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:50 am

Yes, it seems clear to me that they are obtaing a "regular" RUT on your behalf, and they are opening a bank account here in Chile entering your money there under chapter 14 (this mean to inform Banco Central), you are entering your money as foreign investor and this will be useful for visa purposes. Commision it seems reasonable, all seems running very well.

mlightheart

Citibank Branch?

Post by mlightheart » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:12 am

Zulu789,

Did you contact a Citibank branch in the US? Would something like this work for another bank in Chile with a branch here in the US?

Thanks.

zulu789

Post by zulu789 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:58 pm

mlightheart, that was one of my first attempts, no luc k, mostly they are clueless, at least at the branch i went, bear in mind that i went to a branch with a lot of exposure to Latin American business..
Basically all the the banks are fire-walled from doing business from country to another even if they have private banking in place ...

tombrad2,the devil is always on the details, because I am the one who is going to get the RUT,at the SII, my golden chance to be exposed to the Chilean Bureaucracy, will come very early in to the game.....

And yes seems that they are going to use the chapter 14, to justify the flow of funds from the States to Chile...

Wish me Luck , I will keep you posted of my progress....

Over and Out :lol:

tombrad2

Post by tombrad2 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:48 am

mlightheart, the best approach is to email directly to the international business office of the chilean bank. In the main office in the US they usually dont know and probably are not interested to make the required tramitation. The international office of the chilean bank instead is specifically devoted to this transfers.

Citybank is good because have an important involvment with Banco de Chile, an important bank here (is one of the owners), other banks in Chile who may have main offices in Santiago are Santander, BBVA, ScotiaBank. One friend told me that Safra National Bank of New York was expedite for open accounts in Chile and make transfers, the problem with this bank is that has only office in Santiago.

Zulu789, dont worry, be happy, RUT is very easy to obtain, visa is more bureaucreatic, Buena Suerte anyway!

zulu789

Post by zulu789 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:29 pm

Arrived to SCL at 04:15 AM, first thing in the morning I went to the Local Offices of SII,walking distance from my hotel (2 blocks)

Line outside the door,they open at 09:00 am, after a couple of quetions ,i was able to obtain my RUT.

The number given to me is a temporary one, for natural persons, (i guess they make a mistake there...LOL)
The number is in the 48.xxx.xxx range, and like i said is a temporary ,the originalor hard copy will be mailed to me in 3 MONTHS.....

i have to list my activitiesor professionin Chile, I choose INVERSIONISTA, (inversionist)....

Since i need to open an account to wire my funds,I think this will no create suspicion about the amount of funds being wired.....

Let's see...

tombrad2

Post by tombrad2 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:18 pm

The number they gave you is not temporary, is your definitive nunber which you can use as long as you stay in Chile, which will delay from 3 weeks to 2 months is the physical card who will arrive by mail to the adress you give (dont forget this adress, is a procedure to verify your domicily). The card will have the same RUT number you have now and for practical purposes the card and the paper they gave you now are exactly the same.

You must obtain RUT as persona natural first, then if you fund a company may obtain a diferent RUT for the comany (persona juridica) which is -for all legal purposes- diferent to your persona naturl, except on your responsability as partner as usual.

¡Buena Suerte!