Renewing your tourist visa, after filing for temporary visa

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

CSK455

Re: Renewing your tourist visa, after filing for temporary v

Post by CSK455 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:36 pm

I arrived in Chile last June and worked for the International Center in Calama. They told me all the time they were filing for a work visa for me. My contract with them expired Dec. 19th and I am still here. I have not left chile since I arrived here. I have been offered a teaching position in Antofagasta and need to make sure my status is legal. Can I simply take a bus to argentina and return? Any advice, assitance would be helpful.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:37 pm

CSK455 wrote:I arrived in Chile last June and worked for the International Center in Calama. They told me all the time they were filing for a work visa for me. My contract with them expired Dec. 19th and I am still here. I have not left chile since I arrived here. I have been offered a teaching position in Antofagasta and need to make sure my status is legal. Can I simply take a bus to argentina and return? Any advice, assitance would be helpful.
not if you havent got a visa, you must go and pay your fine then you can leave, come back, and start again with your own visa....

wiscondinavian

Post by wiscondinavian » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 am

zer0nz wrote:
CSK455 wrote:I arrived in Chile last June and worked for the International Center in Calama. They told me all the time they were filing for a work visa for me. My contract with them expired Dec. 19th and I am still here. I have not left chile since I arrived here. I have been offered a teaching position in Antofagasta and need to make sure my status is legal. Can I simply take a bus to argentina and return? Any advice, assitance would be helpful.
not if you havent got a visa, you must go and pay your fine then you can leave, come back, and start again with your own visa....
You have a certain amount of time after you leave your job where your visa basically reverts back to a tourist visa.... I assume it's a month or less though. It should be somewhere on the forum.

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:10 am

wiscondinavian wrote:
zer0nz wrote:
You have a certain amount of time after you leave your job where your visa basically reverts back to a tourist visa.... I assume it's a month or less though. It should be somewhere on the forum.

presuming the OP had a visa in the first place!, read closely, i would asume he never had one!

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:17 am

Assuming a real visa, I recall 1 month and you HAVE TO leave and then reenter.

CSK455, please report back and we can for the record put the International Center in the dodgy category or not. If you are in trouble with Extranjería and PDI (not just overstay but becasue there was no visa in the first place), make sure sanctions are laid against the institute as well.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

peter

Post by peter » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:35 pm

enjayh wrote:So if your tourist visa ran out after you sent in your app, but your visa application were to be rejected and returned with no sign of any "en tramites" paper, what then? (Let's say you were 10 days beyond the end of your tourist visa at that point. :? )
I have urgent problem with the same situation.

I sent my application before my tourist visa expired in December 2012.
I just got the response back a week ago.
Rejected, they need more papers. And I am almost 50 days in overstay.
And I have bus ticket to Mendoza for tomorrow night.

I went to immigration in Santiago to pay the fee 3 days in a row now and its impossible. Hundreds if not thousands of people :( in the morning the line is around the block.

Any idea how can I do it?
Tried to call extranjeria in Nearby regions and they said they will not do it in a day.

Would they let me across the border with the post office receipt if I say I haven't received any response yet?

Please help

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 pm

So what "papers" were missing? Did you apply for the Marriage/Family Visa as a common law relation?
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

zer0nz

Post by zer0nz » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:50 pm

peter wrote:
enjayh wrote:So if your tourist visa ran out after you sent in your app, but your visa application were to be rejected and returned with no sign of any "en tramites" paper, what then? (Let's say you were 10 days beyond the end of your tourist visa at that point. :? )
I have urgent problem with the same situation.

I sent my application before my tourist visa expired in December 2012.
I just got the response back a week ago.
Rejected, they need more papers. And I am almost 50 days in overstay.
And I have bus ticket to Mendoza for tomorrow night.

I went to immigration in Santiago to pay the fee 3 days in a row now and its impossible. Hundreds if not thousands of people :( in the morning the line is around the block.

Any idea how can I do it?
Tried to call extranjeria in Nearby regions and they said they will not do it in a day.

Would they let me across the border with the post office receipt if I say I haven't received any response yet?

Please help
how exactly did you screw up your visa so bad it was rejected and not just a request for more paper work?

anywya,

Get your arse out of bed at 4.30am tomorrow and go and line up!, dont be lazy, you did the crime you do the time!

peter

Post by peter » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 pm

No. Applied as rentista with my US company thru which I sell iPhone apps.
Rejected because some papers were not legalized.

Any idea what to do about the border crossing tomorrow? I can write about the application later in more detail.
I will go back to extrajeria in few minutes to check the number counter. But if i wont get to pay the fee i am screwed.

Anyone has experience with not letting him across the border?
I have overnight bus for tomorrow. Do they just refuse me to cross and tell me to go back to Santiago?

peter

Post by peter » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Well looking at the paper now its not rejected. Just asking for more papers. Is that enough to cross?

Paper says: NO FUE ACOGITA A TRAMITE.

They ask to resend the application with more papers.

peter

Post by peter » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 pm

So I am waiting on the Extranjeria. Please if you know some answers for my questions, let me know

My number is 285 and current number is 175.
Wish me luck.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:09 pm

We are watching and waiting as your story unfolds!

--eeuunikkeiexpat