Criminal Records 2021

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Sparkle_Pony

Criminal Records 2021

Post by Sparkle_Pony » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:05 pm

Hi Everyone!
Does anyone have experience or new info on criminal records for permanent residency? Now the application is online, and they are asking for this document, apostilled. It seems so strange that the embassy cannot do this for US immigrants here.
I would appreciate any leads or advice.

Thanks
🦄

admin
Site Admin

Re: Criminal Records 2021

Post by admin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:43 pm

Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:05 pm
Hi Everyone!
Does anyone have experience or new info on criminal records for permanent residency? Now the application is online, and they are asking for this document, apostilled. It seems so strange that the embassy cannot do this for US immigrants here.

Thanks
Nothing has changed

and why would that be strange?

The u.s. embassy has never done anything for its citizens.

Only Hollywood seems to think the u.s. government gives a shit about its citizens and would send in the Marines. In practice, even getting a passport out of them is a major hassle.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Sparkle_Pony

Post by Sparkle_Pony » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:50 pm

Ok nothing has changed. Got it. Any advice on getting that document from the US while living in Chile, in the middle of a pandemic? Everything takes so much longer now, it's insane.
Thanks!
🦄

Sparkle_Pony

Post by Sparkle_Pony » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:15 pm

admin wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:43 pm
Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:05 pm
Hi Everyone!

Thanks
Nothing has changed

and why would that be strange?

The u.s. embassy has never done anything for its citizens.

Only Hollywood seems to think the u.s. government gives a shit about its citizens and would send in the Marines. In practice, even getting a passport out of them is a major hassle.
Most people send fbi backfround? Or a State Check?I wonder if the FBI report is official enough, so it doesn't need to be apostilled.
Any thoughts on this?
🦄

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Foreign documents are only considered official in Chile if they're apostilled (or legalized, for countries that don't use the Hague apostille). The document then needs to be translated in Chile by the Foreign Relations ministry.

I don't have any practical advice on getting it done for US citizens, as I'm not one myself. I just wanted to clarify why you'll need it to be apostilled before sending it to Chile.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.