WARNING: Department of Immigration online web site

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

GAminer

Re: WARNING: Department of Immigration online web site

Post by GAminer » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:22 am

The sheriff in my state didn't even require fingerprints. Don't forget to have it apostilled by the state before going back to Chile!
Jamers41 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:13 pm
So today I went to my "local police" here in the US for the fingerprint scan as part of a background check. For the state of Missouri (where I am from and where I'm currently visiting) this is done by a private agency. Even though this agency does provide the possibility of consulting the FBI's national database in the US, apparently this was not an option for me as I was doing it for "myself" or for a foreign government's benefit (as opposed to doing it at the behest of a company that can specifically request that the check include FBI info, for employment purposes, which is apparently more normal in the US). I'm hoping that's not really an issue for the Chilean dept of Extranjería when I include it with my other papers when I return to Chile, but if for some reason they make a big deal about it, I assume that I could write up a letter saying that the national FBI background check in the US cannot be completed within the timeframe that they demand (Missouri's state police phone agent actually warned me against having to go through the FBI if possible). Fingers crossed.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:10 am

GAminer wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:22 am
The sheriff in my state didn't even require fingerprints. Don't forget to have it apostilled by the state before going back to Chile!
Jamers41 wrote:
So today I went to my "local police" here in the US for the fingerprint scan as part of a background check. For the state of Missouri (where I am from and where I'm currently visiting) this is done by a private agency. Even though this agency does provide the possibility of consulting the FBI's national database in the US, apparently this was not an option for me as I was doing it for "myself" or for a foreign government's benefit (as opposed to doing it at the behest of a company that can specifically request that the check include FBI info, for employment purposes, which is apparently more normal in the US). I'm hoping that's not really an issue for the Chilean dept of Extranjería when I include it with my other papers when I return to Chile, but if for some reason they make a big deal about it, I assume that I could write up a letter saying that the national FBI background check in the US cannot be completed within the timeframe that they demand (Missouri's state police phone agent actually warned me against having to go through the FBI if possible). Fingers crossed.
Well what actually happened was that I did go to my lowest level police department (legally speaking my parents live in a small municipality that itself is basically a neighborhood, but that does actually have its own police force). The local police in this tiny incorporated municipality said that they no longer provide background checks for just any general purpose, and that I should go to the bureau of the county police. When I went to my county police and explained why I wanted the background check record document, they said that the best option was probably the state background check because theirs is specifically only for the county (they stamp a phrase to that effect on the document that they give you) and it does not consult any other database.......so if whoever looks at it knows some English, they'll realize that it says nothing about any crimes in any other part of the country. At any rate, I did the most robust option possible for within my state of origin. If anybody at Extranjería in Chile is asinine about it, I will definitely put up a fight and say that they don't provide enough time for anything else.

I think the record check will arrive in time for me to obtain the apostille, but it might be close.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:32 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:10 am
GAminer wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:
Well what actually happened was that I did go to my lowest level police department (legally speaking my parents live in a small municipality that itself is basically a neighborhood, but that does actually have its own police force). The local police in this tiny incorporated municipality said that they no longer provide background checks for just any general purpose, and that I should go to the bureau of the county police. When I went to my county police and explained why I wanted the background check record document, they said that the best option was probably the state background check because theirs is specifically only for the county (they stamp a phrase to that effect on the document that they give you) and it does not consult any other database.......so if whoever looks at it knows some English, they'll realize that it says nothing about any crimes in any other part of the country. At any rate, I did the most robust option possible for within my state of origin. If anybody at Extranjería in Chile is asinine about it, I will definitely put up a fight and say that they don't provide enough time for anything else.

I think the record check will arrive in time for me to obtain the apostille, but it might be close.
What state was that?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:00 am

admin wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:32 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:10 am
GAminer wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:

What state was that?
Missouri.

Sparkle_Pony

Post by Sparkle_Pony » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:38 pm

GAminer wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:
Hi! I was wondering what happened with your police records? Were you able to apostille them? Was there any problems sending that to Migracion in Chile? I am trying to get my local police records as well, but I am in Chile, this paper is way easier than the FBI background, as it is basically impossible to find a proficient place to get my fingerprints taken where I live. How did the process go for you? I know it's been some time since this post but I am just gathering info so I can avoid mistakes and loosing time.
Thanks and cheers!
🦄

papageno

Post by papageno » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:38 pm
GAminer wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:
Hi! I was wondering what happened with your police records? Were you able to apostille them? Was there any problems sending that to Migracion in Chile? I am trying to get my local police records as well, but I am in Chile, this paper is way easier than the FBI background, as it is basically impossible to find a proficient place to get my fingerprints taken where I live. How did the process go for you? I know it's been some time since this post but I am just gathering info so I can avoid mistakes and loosing time.
Thanks and cheers!
Folks, look into "channelling " services, that can get the prints and records check done very quickly. They may not be in every state, but try an online search. For those already in Chile, your local Registro Civil may be able to do the fingerprint card, which then has to be sent to the U.S., by an express service because snail mail is too slow. in my case, the slowest part was delivery of the apostilled FBI records check back to Chile. The fastest part was at the FBI itself. As always, YMMV.

Sparkle_Pony

Post by Sparkle_Pony » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:20 pm

Hey, I am currently looking into this but Registro Civil and PDI will not take my fingerprints, I have called, asked and visited their offices. I am in a very small town in Ñuble and it's impossible to go to Santiago to find a paid service for finger prints. That is why I am looking into getting a Letter of Good Conduct from my local police office in Long Island, which is way easier, apostille that document and submit for my residencia permanente. I am just not sure if they will accept it. Situations are so complex now with the Pandemic, i could not drive to Santiago even if I wanted to. Thanks for any comment or leads, I appreciate any info.
🦄

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:11 pm

Sparkle_Pony wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:20 pm
Hey, I am currently looking into this but Registro Civil and PDI will not take my fingerprints, I have called, asked and visited their offices. I am in a very small town in Ñuble and it's impossible to go to Santiago to find a paid service for finger prints. That is why I am looking into getting a Letter of Good Conduct from my local police office in Long Island, which is way easier, apostille that document and submit for my residencia permanente. I am just not sure if they will accept it. Situations are so complex now with the Pandemic, i could not drive to Santiago even if I wanted to. Thanks for any comment or leads, I appreciate any info.
I feel for you. I took advantage of a trip to the US last year to do this. I received a record check certificate from my home state and had that apostilled and included that in my Citizenship application.......now it's just sitting back and waiting (I assume for a long time considering the pandemic) for me. I don't have any experience with fingerprint or expediting services. I did have my prints taken while in the US because that's the way that the state of Missouri checks their records (via a third party company). I considered the FBI (US national service) likely to be too slow, so I never went that route. I hope this helps.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:30 pm

the department of immigration website has been broken more than usual the last few days. we verified this with our contacts at the regional offices.

we have been documenting the failures, and filing transparency petitions with the government.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:32 pm

So an update on my citizenship application.

I just received an email, with a notice stating that my application has "insufficient" documentation and that I have 5 business days to resolve this.

Concerning what exactly is insufficient, it only says that my "Informe anual de boletas de honorarios" does not "contain the necessary information" (I issue boletas an an "independent" worker). Does anybody have any idea what exactly could be missing from this document (it's a report downloaded from the SII)? Or how to actually get a hold of someone from Extranjería would could explain? I need to figure it out FAST.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:51 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:32 pm

I just received an email, with a notice stating that my application has "insufficient" documentation and that I have 5 business days to resolve this.

Concerning what exactly is insufficient, it only says that my "Informe anual de boletas de honorarios" does not "contain the necessary information" (I issue boletas an an "independent" worker). Does anybody have any idea what exactly could be missing from this document (it's a report downloaded from the SII)? Or how to actually get a hold of someone from Extranjería would could explain? I need to figure it out FAST.
There should be an option for an informe anual de boletas in the sii website. You can do it by day, month or year.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:00 am

Jamers41 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:32 pm

So you log into your sii then go to boletas de honorarios electrónicas/consultas sobre boletas de honorarios electrónicas/consultar boletas emitidas. Pick the year and print.