WARNING: Department of Immigration online web site

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

admin
Site Admin

Re: WARNING: Department of Immigration online web site

Post by admin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:27 am

There site seems to be working again.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:25 pm

So yesterday I managed to send off (via snail mail, per their request) the notice of the "incomplete" application, 3 annual reports of boletas, 1 year of actual boletas, the 4 most recent PPM forms, etc......to Extranjería's address downtown. I also included a personal letter explaining that I was sending all those documents because their notice was vague about what exactly was incomplete with my application. I will try to remember to post here when I receive an update.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:54 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:25 pm
So yesterday I managed to send off (via snail mail, per their request) the notice of the "incomplete" application, 3 annual reports of boletas, 1 year of actual boletas, the 4 most recent PPM forms, etc......to Extranjería's address downtown. I also included a personal letter explaining that I was sending all those documents because their notice was vague about what exactly was incomplete with my application. I will try to remember to post here when I receive an update.
So another update to my citizenship application.

Unfortunately, despite sending them the documents I mentioned above, I just received a rejection letter. What's worse, it's very generic and just says that I did not fulfill requirements because my application was "incomplete or erroneous".

Needless to say I will be contacting Spencer Global to see if I have any recourse (actually I already sent an email, just have to wait my turn I suppose).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:10 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:54 pm
Jamers41 wrote:

Unfortunately, despite sending them the documents I mentioned above, I just received a rejection letter. What's worse, it's very generic and just says that I did not fulfill requirements because my application was "incomplete or erroneous".

Needless to say I will be contacting Spencer Global to see if I have any recourse (actually I already sent an email, just have to wait my turn I suppose).
yea, seen the email go by. will get back to shortly.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

mt208

Post by mt208 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:46 am

Jamers41 wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:

Sorry to hear :( Have you attended the PDI interview yet?

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:23 am

mt208 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:46 am
Jamers41 wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:

No. Actually when I first saw the email from Extranjeria yesterday, I was hoping that it was for an interview (or the next step in the process or something positive), only to be very disappointed.

mt208

Post by mt208 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:44 am

Jamers41 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:23 am
mt208 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:46 am
Jamers41 wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:

No. Actually when I first saw the email from Extranjeria yesterday, I was hoping that it was for an interview (or the next step in the process or something positive), only to be very disappointed.
I feel ya, I would be super nervous about any emails from extranjeria as well... When did you submit your application and when did you first hear from them?

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:51 am

I sent the original application in December, and received a "fix your application" letter in April.

mt208

Post by mt208 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:51 am
I sent the original application in December, and received a "fix your application" letter in April.
Thanks for sharing! Good luck on your next try!

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:20 pm

mt208 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:10 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
Thanks......I'm still hoping that there is some way to appeal and that I won't have to wait for another try....our gracias forum moderator here knows more about that than I do, but as they say, "la esperanza es lo último que se pierde".

moving_from_colorado

Post by moving_from_colorado » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:10 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:20 pm
mt208 wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:
Thanks......I'm still hoping that there is some way to appeal and that I won't have to wait for another try....our gracias forum moderator here knows more about that than I do, but as they say, "la esperanza es lo último que se pierde".
Sorry to hear about your rejection letter. I am still in tramite after fixing a couple of documents back in April. I also made a denuncia to their initial letter that indicated problems with my health and AFP documents because it was not clear at all. I got a reply from my denuncia saying they had received my updated documents and that all was good....so fingers crossed. Anybody who has recently gone through this process know how you are contacted by PDI for the interview? I am worried they will do it by snail mail and the fact that where I live snail mail does not arrive!

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:58 am

moving_from_colorado wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:10 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:20 pm
mt208 wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your rejection letter. I am still in tramite after fixing a couple of documents back in April. I also made a denuncia to their initial letter that indicated problems with my health and AFP documents because it was not clear at all. I got a reply from my denuncia saying they had received my updated documents and that all was good....so fingers crossed. Anybody who has recently gone through this process know how you are contacted by PDI for the interview? I am worried they will do it by snail mail and the fact that where I live snail mail does not arrive!
What do you mean by making a 'denuncia' / complaint? Something you can file online with Extranjeria?