WARNING: Department of Immigration online web site

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Jamers41

Re: WARNING: Department of Immigration online web site

Post by Jamers41 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:59 am

GAminer wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:00 am
Jamers41 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:32 pm
So an update on my citizenship application.

I just received an email, with a notice stating that my application has "insufficient" documentation and that I have 5 business days to resolve this.

Concerning what exactly is insufficient, it only says that my "Informe anual de boletas de honorarios" does not "contain the necessary information" (I issue boletas an an "independent" worker). Does anybody have any idea what exactly could be missing from this document (it's a report downloaded from the SII)? Or how to actually get a hold of someone from Extranjería would could explain? I need to figure it out FAST.
So you log into your sii then go to boletas de honorarios electrónicas/consultas sobre boletas de honorarios electrónicas/consultar boletas emitidas. Pick the year and print.
Um, yeah, that's exactly what I did before. They require 2 years of those print outs (never mind the fact that you would think that government agency "A" could just consult with government agency "B" to determine if the person with Rut # XXXXXXXX-X makes sufficient legitimate income.....but hey, it's the gov't). The problem is that their letter is pretty vague and doesn't indicate what is insufficient/incomplete with what I provided.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:07 am

admin wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:30 pm
the department of immigration website has been broken more than usual the last few days. we verified this with our contacts at the regional offices.

we have been documenting the failures, and filing transparency petitions with the government.
Does that include updates to pending applications/notices to "correct" incomplete applications?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:15 am

Jamers41 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:07 am
admin wrote:
the department of immigration website has been broken more than usual the last few days. we verified this with our contacts at the regional offices.

we have been documenting the failures, and filing transparency petitions with the government.
Does that include updates to pending applications/notices to "correct" incomplete applications?
apparently so.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:18 am

Jamers41 wrote:
admin wrote:

I received a similar letter when I applied for permanent residency. Make sure to send a copy of the boleta for each month as well. Are all of your boletas submitted electronically by you? Because in my case I was working for two companies, One where I submitted boletas online, and the other which was done by the company, so those did not show up On the informe anual de boletas in the sii website, so I had to resend everything and I wrote them a letter explaining everything.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:33 pm

GAminer wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:18 am
Jamers41 wrote:
admin wrote:

I received a similar letter when I applied for permanent residency. Make sure to send a copy of the boleta for each month as well. Are all of your boletas submitted electronically by you? Because in my case I was working for two companies, One where I submitted boletas online, and the other which was done by the company, so those did not show up On the informe anual de boletas in the sii website, so I had to resend everything and I wrote them a letter explaining everything.
Interesting. So did they apparently read the letter and/or understand the explanation? I have a couple months of boletas issued by a company I worked for that don't appear in the annual report (because I myself did not issue them, like you said), but that was now just over a year ago so I doubt it's particularly relevant. I suspect that they are just being lazy and demanding to see recent income info because 4 months have gone by since the moment I originally submitted the citizenship application, so they don't have any info from 2021.

A side question: did you send actual boletas? Did that solve the problem? Their site says to send 3 things: "Inicio de actividades" certificate, 12 months of PPMs (the statements that show that you paid the self-employment tax, not the same as the boletas), and 2 years of Annual Electronic Reports (the aforementioned print out).

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:40 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:15 am
Jamers41 wrote:
admin wrote:

apparently so.
My theory is that they are just being lazy and dismissing my application because it was sent in late December and now that 4 months have passed, they don't have any "informe anual de boletas" showing 2021 income, thus it's "incomplete". Any chance that's the case? Or are there any other, more likely theories based on your experience?

And would it be better to send them "too much" documentation, such as new boletas/PPMs (keeping in mind it now has to be a physical letter via certified mail) or strictly stick with what they mentioned (the annual summary reports)?

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:24 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:33 pm
GAminer wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:
admin wrote:

Interesting. So did they apparently read the letter and/or understand the explanation? I have a couple months of boletas issued by a company I worked for that don't appear in the annual report (because I myself did not issue them, like you said), but that was now just over a year ago so I doubt it's particularly relevant. I suspect that they are just being lazy and demanding to see recent income info because 4 months have gone by since the moment I originally submitted the citizenship application, so they don't have any info from 2021.

A side question: did you send actual boletas? Did that solve the problem? Their site says to send 3 things: "Inicio de actividades" certificate, 12 months of PPMs (the statements that show that you paid the self-employment tax, not the same as the boletas), and 2 years of Annual Electronic Reports (the aforementioned print out).
Yea, I sent them the informe anual and copies of each individual boletas by month

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:33 pm

GAminer wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:24 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:33 pm
GAminer wrote:
Jamers41 wrote:
admin wrote:

Yea, I sent them the informe anual and copies of each individual boletas by month
So I assume that did the trick? Did they accept that on the first try or was this after receiving a notice of an "incomplete" application?

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:54 pm

So I sent those initially in September 2018 and then they sent me the letter stating that the application was incomplete in like Novembe or December 2018 stating that I needed the informe anual and the rest of the boletas, so I sent the boletas that accrued from the time I applied for the permanent residency to the time they sent me the letter, the informe anual, and a letter explaining why I had more boletas than appear on the informe anual.

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:38 am

Perfect.....I guess I know what to do now. Thanks for the tip.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:21 pm

Jamers41 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:38 am
Also, it does not hurt to call, in my experience the call center people have been helpful. Good luck!

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:24 pm

GAminer wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:21 pm
Jamers41 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:38 am
Also, it does not hurt to call, in my experience the call center people have been helpful. Good luck!
Yeah they don't exactly make that easy......Extranjería currently just as online contact options for "self help".