Permanenet Residency Processing

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

vamoschile

Permanenet Residency Processing

Post by vamoschile » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:08 pm

Chile's extranjeria twitter feed appears to have real time information from people compalining about the time it takes to process a permanenet residency. Does anyone know how the queues work? Is it faster if your married? is it faster if your from certain countries? for example Brazil, Cuba, China, Peru, and Haiti has to apply in person at Chileatiende in person. Are they slower at processing countries with lots of immigration requests? Or is it simply first in first out?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: Permanenet Residency Processing

Post by admin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:11 pm

vamoschile wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:08 pm
Chile's extranjeria twitter feed appears to have real time information from people compalining about the time it takes to process a permanenet residency. Does anyone know how the queues work? Is it faster if your married? is it faster if your from certain countries? for example Brazil, Cuba, China, Peru, and Haiti has to apply in person at Chileatiende in person. Are they slower at processing countries with lots of immigration requests? Or is it simply first in first out?

Thanks
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

vamoschile

Post by vamoschile » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:18 pm

admin wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:11 pm
vamoschile wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:08 pm

Thanks
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
You liked that one admin. I take your emoji's as nobody knows?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:18 pm

sorry, trying to impose some sort of method to the madness of the depart of immigration in Chile is a waist of time.

Absolutely everything related to them has been changing literally by the day, and all day long since this started.

I got a girl assigned to basically talking to them everyday, and trolling their web sites and official decrees for any changes. Even then, we have to "translate" everything they say or do in to how it actually works in practice.

Even if I told you how it works at this moment, it would probably be outdated by the time I hit the submit button on the forum.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:23 pm

Interestingly enough, it seems that Extranjería has recently expanded the online process to also include nationals from these countries:

https://www.cnnchile.com/pais/extranjer ... _20200706/

So even though I'm Brazilian, I'll be able to apply online in September.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

vamoschile

Post by vamoschile » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:05 pm

What is the reason that Brazil, Haiti, Peru, Cuba, and China have special requirements for applying?

proger

Post by proger » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:59 pm

bad news for me as I just applied for visa definitiva con union civil few days ago.
after months failing get in touch with extranxeria, with countless calling attempts in their working hours( some with waiting time of 2 hours!)

I had to do what I've understood is correct which is apply via de platforma online 3 months before my temporarily visa is over.

I had all the papers but I'm really unsettle about all of this...