Diesel vs Gasoline In Chile

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Zenth

Re: Diesel vs Gasoline In Chile

Post by Zenth » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:12 pm

OBD codes are standardized. Just Google the four digit code and find a YouTube repair.
Saves me thousands on my Chevy diesel. Small, easy repairs with accessible parts.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Zenth wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:12 pm
OBD codes are standardized. Just Google the four digit code and find a YouTube repair.
Saves me thousands on my Chevy diesel. Small, easy repairs with accessible parts.
the software I have does it on the fly for me, including providing links to more info about the car and particular code.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Spudzilla

Post by Spudzilla » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:51 pm

I have a mahindra pikup, and recently experienced problems with the Diesel Particulate Filter. The fix is not simply resetting the computer. The filter can be cleaned, but I would caution that if your mecanico wants to flush it out with water run away. The fine particulates can turn to cement. Cost for regeneration at the dealer 90,000 clp. Cost to replace a damaged filter 1,900,000 clp plus labor.
The optimum solution as expressed to me by mutiple mechanics, is to cut the filter apart, remove the filter elements and weld it back together. The computer program is overwritten to allow the engine to run at normal rpms.
Not one of these mechanics could offer an opinion as to wether the vehicle could ever pass an emissions test.
This problem is not confined to mahindras, but is endemic in eurodiesels.
Having said all that, I would still go with the diesel for cost savings over gasoline, and resale value.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Spudzilla wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:51 pm
I have a mahindra pikup, and recently experienced problems with the Diesel Particulate Filter. The fix is not simply resetting the computer. The filter can be cleaned, but I would caution that if your mecanico wants to flush it out with water run away. The fine particulates can turn to cement. Cost for regeneration at the dealer 90,000 clp. Cost to replace a damaged filter 1,900,000 clp plus labor.
The optimum solution as expressed to me by mutiple mechanics, is to cut the filter apart, remove the filter elements and weld it back together. The computer program is overwritten to allow the engine to run at normal rpms.
Not one of these mechanics could offer an opinion as to wether the vehicle could ever pass an emissions test.
This problem is not confined to mahindras, but is endemic in eurodiesels.
Having said all that, I would still go with the diesel for cost savings over gasoline, and resale value.
you know that filter issue on the mahindra is a common problem I have ween on everyone I know that has a mahindra. never had that problem with my Hyundai; but the mahindra is based off a tractor / jeep tradion, so kind of makes sense that it would be a little more on the campo side of the design vs. soccer mom car tradion. :lol:
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.