Citizenship in Chile, APPLY NOW!!!

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

admin
Site Admin

Re: Citizenship in Chile, APPLY NOW!!!

Post by admin » Sat May 30, 2020 2:00 pm

FYI, just because someone has their residency canceled, does not mean they are off the hook for criminal charges and doing prison time. Just means when their prison sentence is completed, they get shown to the door.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Interesting article here about the differences between Citzenship and Nationality, which also states:
3- En el caso de una persona extranjera que obtuvo la nacionalidad chilena por nacionalización, su carta de nacionalización puede ser cancelada por el Estado y, por lo tanto, dejará de ser chileno.

4- Cuando se trata de personas que hayan obtenido nacionalidad concedida por gracia, ésta puede ser revocada por ley si así lo estiman las autoridades.
What they give, they can take away.
As for John Cobin, he burnt his get-out of-jail card:
He renounced his U.S. citizenship in December 2015 and is no longer an American citizen, according to a State Department official.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-chil ... KKBN1XL2DS
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat May 30, 2020 5:17 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:22 pm
Interesting article here about the differences between Citzenship and Nationality, which also states:
3- En el caso de una persona extranjera que obtuvo la nacionalidad chilena por nacionalización, su carta de nacionalización puede ser cancelada por el Estado y, por lo tanto, dejará de ser chileno.

4- Cuando se trata de personas que hayan obtenido nacionalidad concedida por gracia, ésta puede ser revocada por ley si así lo estiman las autoridades.
What they give, they can take away.
As for John Cobin, he burnt his get-out of-jail card:
He renounced his U.S. citizenship in December 2015 and is no longer an American citizen, according to a State Department official.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-chil ... KKBN1XL2DS

keep in mind those were conditions set under the dictatorship to claim anyone was a "terrorists" that opposed them.

Can you imagine the political shit storm that would occur today if the government tried to declare a Chilean a "terrorist" and cancel their citizenship (e.g. a mapuch protester, etc )?

It would take a pretty special, just so, circumstances for that to fly.

but, again, that is the current constitution. next one will probably be way different.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:02 pm

admin wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:17 pm

keep in mind those were conditions set under the dictatorship to claim anyone was a "terrorists" that opposed them.

Can you imagine the political shit storm that would occur today if the government tried to declare a Chilean a "terrorist" and cancel their citizenship (e.g. a mapuch protester, etc )?

but, again, that is the current constitution. next one will probably be way different.
I don't think that any Chilean government ever revoked citizenship of a native-born citizen. Many of the exiles who fled or left Chile during the Military Government later returned.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 31, 2020 1:10 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:02 pm
admin wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:17 pm

I don't think that any Chilean government ever revoked citizenship of a native-born citizen. Many of the exiles who fled or left Chile during the Military Government later returned.
well, they did it by other means for many years; but, that is a whole diffrent conversation for another thread.

moving_from_colorado

Post by moving_from_colorado » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:10 pm

I completed 5 years in early May and in April I started to initiate gathering the antecedentes necessary for the tramite.

What I have ran into was that the PDI is currently not issuing the "certificado de vigencia permanencia definitiva" for purpose of citizenship application. As of 2 days ago they shut the online tramites down completely.

"Nos encontramos trabajando en la implementación del nuevo sistema online de solicitud de trámites migratorios para entregar un mejor servicio.
Lamentamos los inconvenientes."

So hopefully that gets implemented soon and they start issuing the certificate for purpose of citizenship application.

The fingerprinting I have been told by consultant that it should not be a problem, I already had them taken back in january and now i am just waiting to send because supposedly all of the documents need to be emitted within 90 days of your application.

Admin or anyone else, am I missing anything?

MFC

Jamers41

Post by Jamers41 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:39 pm

So does this mean that essentially no one can submit an application for citizenship at the moment?

proger

Post by proger » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:04 pm

moving_from_colorado wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:10 pm

The fingerprinting I have been told by consultant that it should not be a problem, I already had them taken back in january and now i am just waiting to send because supposedly all of the documents need to be emitted within 90 days of your application.

MFC
following!
as i just submitted my visa defintiva last month and still cant get any contact or info from migraciones apart indication "Pendiente" in my "Solicitudes en que ha participado".

very unsettling and unclear times...
"

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:35 pm

proger wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:04 pm
moving_from_colorado wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:10 pm

MFC
following!
as i just submitted my visa defintiva last month and still cant get any contact or info from migraciones apart indication "Pendiente" in my "Solicitudes en que ha participado".

very unsettling and unclear times...
"

permanent residency does not get approved in one month, sorry.

Spudzilla

Post by Spudzilla » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:13 pm

My application for definativa was submitted in March 2018. It took 18 months just to log it in. Still pending.

RocketRichard

Post by RocketRichard » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:38 pm

I applied for Citizeship in Feb 2017....Still Waiting.

proger

Post by proger » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:00 pm

damm so looong! cant be serious , they dont have like 3 months to give some answer?