Temporary Residency, New Procedures for Leaving the country

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

GAminer

Re: Temporary Residency, New Procedures for Leaving the country

Post by GAminer » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Why do they ask for background check for perm residency, but not temp? It is a bit illogical.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:50 pm

GAminer wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:42 pm
Why do they ask for background check for perm residency, but not temp? It is a bit illogical.
That's exactly the point: "manglement" at Extranjeria is far from efficient or logical.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:42 pm

Second day, and still no word back from extranjeria. Do you guys know if government offices will open this Thursday? I assume they'll be closed on Friday, but I'm unsure about Thursday.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:57 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:42 pm
Second day, and still no word back from extranjeria. Do you guys know if government offices will open this Thursday? I assume they'll be closed on Friday, but I'm unsure about Thursday.
Try calling them? I was able to today after spending about 30 minutes on hold.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:02 pm

It's worth a shot. Doing it tomorrow.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:23 am

Extranjeria won't work tomorrow or Friday due to the holidays. So my 5 business days period to get the "permiso de salida" expires next Tuesday. Hopefully, it will all go well and it will sort itself out by then. If not, I may need to hire admin's firms to go through the legal route to be able to leave.

such_cuidadano

Post by such_cuidadano » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:40 pm

Just to be clear, it has nothing to do with provinces, only Santiago?
I will travel next week, and I filed for visa temporaria in the regional office 2 weeks ago. I have solicitud de residencia and my toursist visa copy, which is not expired, on my hands.
I guess they entered me in the system right there in the office, didn't they?

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:59 pm

If you have a letter from extranjeria regarding your application (which extends your Visa for a few months while they process your application, usually 4 or 6 months), you should be good to go. But don't quote me on that: do call extranjeria and double check to be on the safe side.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:20 am

It has been two weeks since my original travel date. Since then I've switched the date for my flight and sent the "permiso de salida" request to extranjeria, and I haven't heard anything from them. The official deadline for them to give the permiso ended last Tuesday.

Fuck.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:27 am

I've just checked and they've changed the rules once again, effective on November 4th. The request now needs to be done through the tramites extranjeria website. Turns out they couldn't cope with the volume of requests they were getting.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:30 am

Relevant rules: "Circular 29 Bis"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:34 am

tiagoabner wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:20 am
It has been two weeks since my original travel date. Since then I've switched the date for my flight and sent the "permiso de salida" request to extranjeria, and I haven't heard anything from them. The official deadline for them to give the permiso ended last Tuesday.

Fuck.
sent you a message.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.