lost certificado de permanencia definitiva

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

lost gringo

Re: lost certificado de permanencia definitiva

Post by lost gringo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:13 am

thisisreallycomplicated wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:07 pm
I seem to remember getting a temporary document when I got my first ID, but I don't remember what it was called. Otherwise, I'd just search on that.
Registro Civil gives you a receipt which supposedly you can use as a temporary id. My new cedula arrived before I needed to find out if that is true or not.
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
allegedly said by Mark Twain

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:45 pm

lost gringo wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:13 am
Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:07 pm
I seem to remember getting a temporary document when I got my first ID, but I don't remember what it was called. Otherwise, I'd just search on that.
Registro Civil gives you a receipt which supposedly you can use as a temporary id. My new cedula arrived before I needed to find out if that is true or not.
Thanks. I hope I can get this done early, but that should be good enough.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:49 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:24 pm
lost gringo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:48 pm
I don't believe permanencia definitiva expires but you need the certificate to renew a cedula.
Yes, that's correct. I recently did this by going to the PDI a month before the old one expired. The appointment system wasn't necessary once I was able to explain what I needed. The guy I talked to just went away with my residency certificate and the old Cédula and came back in 10 minutes with a Certificado de Vigencia.
Took that, plus photocopies of it and the Residence Cert. to the Registro Civil. Nowadays they notify by email once the new one is ready, the whole process took around 3 weeks.

Without a valid carnet, life can be very difficult here, especially when it comes to official and banking transactions, and they do check the dates. People were already reminding me some months ago that renewal time was coming up soon.
And that PR certificate is as important as a Passport and needs to be guarded carefully.
Did you use the appointment system for Registro Civil?
https://www.registrocivil.cl/principal/ ... -identidad

If you did, did you have to wait long after your scheduled time? Thanks
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 am

Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:49 pm
fraggle092 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:24 pm
lost gringo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:48 pm
I don't believe permanencia definitiva expires but you need the certificate to renew a cedula.
Yes, that's correct. I recently did this by going to the PDI a month before the old one expired. The appointment system wasn't necessary once I was able to explain what I needed. The guy I talked to just went away with my residency certificate and the old Cédula and came back in 10 minutes with a Certificado de Vigencia.
Took that, plus photocopies of it and the Residence Cert. to the Registro Civil. Nowadays they notify by email once the new one is ready, the whole process took around 3 weeks.

Without a valid carnet, life can be very difficult here, especially when it comes to official and banking transactions, and they do check the dates. People were already reminding me some months ago that renewal time was coming up soon.
And that PR certificate is as important as a Passport and needs to be guarded carefully.
Did you use the appointment system for Registro Civil?
https://www.registrocivil.cl/principal/ ... -identidad

If you did, did you have to wait long after your scheduled time? Thanks
Already aswered in that quote from 3 months ago. Read it again.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:15 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 am
Already aswered in that quote from 3 months ago. Read it again.
I read it a few times, and it sounded like you were talking about a reservation with PDI. I was asking about Registro Civil.