Just curious

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

GAminer

Just curious

Post by GAminer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:24 pm

If anybody here applied for perm residency last year and has received a response from the extranjería.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Just curious

Post by admin » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:51 pm

I believe pretty much everyone we filed last year is accounted for, but times are running around 8 to 9 months, or more.

keep in mind, the department of immigration still processing tens of thousands of amnesty applications from the haitens and Venezuelans, and the first ones that recieved their temp residecies are probably coming up on the permanent residency aplications time. meanwhile, inspite of all the b.s. p.r. spin from the administration, tens of thousands of Venezuelans are still entering the country, legally and illegally. haitens and venezuelans are now being allowed to do family reunion type visas.

I doubt the work load is ever going to go down again for the department of immigration, and they seem to find new ways to beucraticaly shoot themselves in the foot.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm

I am sitting at 11 months. I wonder what the record is?

katml412

Post by katml412 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:49 pm

It took about 15 months from when we applied till we got permanent residency. Just keep checking with extranjeria, they didn’t call us when ours was ready, we had to go in and find out.

GAminer

Post by GAminer » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:34 pm

katml412 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:49 pm
It took about 15 months from when we applied till we got permanent residency. Just keep checking with extranjeria, they didn’t call us when ours was ready, we had to go in and find out.
Wow that is a ridiculous amount of time! I am sure they will inform me through the website like with the temporary visas. Form my understanding you can no longer go to the office without a reservation.