You can not obtain RESIDENCY IN CHILE BY HAVING A BABY IN CHILE!!!!

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

admin
Site Admin

You can not obtain RESIDENCY IN CHILE BY HAVING A BABY IN CHILE!!!!

Post by admin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:41 pm

I need to nip this "anchor baby" stupidity in the bud right now.

Somewhere I am sure someone is running some sort of immigration scam telling people that this is possible, otherwise I would not be getting this flood of email related to people wanting to have "anchor babies" to obtain residency or citizenship. Looks like lots of immigration scams involving Chile running out of Africa and the middle east right now.

YOU CAN NOT OBTAIN RESIDENCY OR CITIZENSHIP IN CHILE BY GIVING BIRTH TO A CHILD IN CHILE!!!!

and CHILE DOES NOT PAY PEOPLE TO MOVE HERE OR HAVE CHILDREN HERE!!!

PERIOD.

First, in order for a child to be recognized as a Chilean, the parents would need to have RESIDENCY IN CHILE!!!

Which means, you would have to go through the full residency process, proving income, documentation, etc, etc. Children born to tourist, diplomats, or other "travellers" in Chile, DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BECOME CHILEAN CITIZENS and it does NOT provide any right or method to obtain residency or citizenship in Chile to the parents or family of the child.

Further, the Chilean supreme court has just ruled that parents of a minor Child, that is a full Chilean citizen born in Chile, can still be deported from Chile if they entered Chile illegally.

So, forget it.

Anyone promising anything along those lines, it is a scam.

Don't send us emails or call us about it. We will not assist you.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Re: You can not obtain RESIDENCY IN CHILE BY HAVING A BABY IN CHILE!!!!

Post by admin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:39 pm

bump.

quit wasting my time.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:18 pm

I have managed to narrow this down a bit. There seems to be an overwhelming number of contacts and phone calls from Arabic speaking countries, people, or at least countries with large muslim populations.

It is so consistent, it looks like someone is probably promoting this in Arabic.

If I can track down more information about the source, we are going to file a report with the PDI (FBI / INTERPOL of Chile) and the department of Immigration. Someone is running a fairly expansive human trafficking ring involving Chile, promising people they can have 'anchor babies' in Chile to obtain residency or citizenship.

tiagoabner

Post by tiagoabner » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:34 pm

My Arabic is barely passable, but it seems there are a higher number than usual of articles going around about getting nationality by child-birth (IE: https://www.noonpost.com/content/16216), as well as articles claiming that you can get up to US$80.000 by having a baby/moving to Chile (IE: https://alqabas.com/article/636039-8-%D ... 9%85%D8%A9).

I couldn't find a specific source to this scam, though, as this kind of stuff is usually shared through social media networks.
I'm NOT your lawyer, accountant or financial planner. All information at this post should be considered for your entertainment only. Consult a professional before making a decision regarding whatever topic was mentioned in this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:23 pm

yea, lots of WhatsApp in the middle east, india, africa which is viewed not just as a application on the internet, but as the whole internet.

about half or more of our contacts on the subject come via whatsapp, and most annoyingly middle of the night phone calls over WhatsApp. which if you don't know what time zone you are calling, chances are you can't move there.

FYI, anyone who calls or contacts us by WhatsApp, without prior traditional contact, gets blocked. We don't accept anyone using it as a first contact method.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 pm

I was just watching one of those 'airport alert' customs type shows. This was the Brazil one. I prefer the Colombian one. They have more drug smuggler stories in Colombia. They both get a lot of human trafficking through their airports.

So, this guy says he is going to Ecuador. The immigration agent pulls a map up on his computer of South America, and asks him to point to the country he is going to. He could not do it.

I totally feel for that poor immigration agent.

Having vague idea of what the country looks like, what hemisphere it is in, what language is spoken, and how the name is spelled, etc, all seem like some pretty basic information to have a handle on before trying to move here. Just the basic stuff found on the wikipedia page for Chile would be an improvement over what most of these people contacting me know about Chile.

That is beyond things like can you afford to move here, do you qualify, etc, etc. never mind the big question. Do you want to live in Chile?

however, when it comes to moving to a country to have a baby, and you think that is your only way of immigrating, and you have no money beyond some vague lies you read on an internet chat about Chile paying people to have babies, you might want to do some serious homework before trying it.

I give people about 30 seconds on the phone to pass some of those basic orientation tests; because, without that info, everything else they might say is just wasting both of our time. I have literally had people on the phone for 10 or 15 mins, before I discovered they had no idea what country we were talking about. To that level of lazy.

Thus, why I am sympathetic to that immigration agent in Brazil;
and not even remotely sympathetic to anyone trying to scam their way in to Chile, using a child no less, and is too frigen lazy to do such extremely basic homework about where it is they are trying to move to and the laws that apply there.

Because there is one thing I have also found over the years, people that are too lazy to research that sort of basic information, will completely disregard the laws, and are also willing commit crimes without blinking an eye. In fact most of these people I get on the phone, will try to get me to help them commit crimes, even after I bluntly tell them it is illegal (just in case there is some cultural misunderstanding involved). They don't care. It is also normally an indication I have a smuggler on the line, and not just someone looking to move somewhere better.

In my book, it immediately disqualifies you from immigrating to Chile. We will not help you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:50 pm

still getting a flood of emails and calls about this.

This scam pushing some sort of "visa by having a baby in chile" seems to now be centered around Arabic language speakers in Europe, and seems to be propagating via social media in Europe among migrants from the middle east.

mem

Post by mem » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:34 pm

Lol...do they ever ask if it will work in a box or with a fox?
Kids are on a Dr Seuss kick...nuff said ; )