Philanthropy Starting In Chile

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

41southchile

Re: Philanthropy Starting In Chile

Post by 41southchile » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:23 am

questionsasked wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:48 am
Maybe I haven't been clear enough.

Chileans have asked us to help with local projects.

Maybe you don't have that kind of rapport with Chileans. Maybe you should come down off your tirade and defensiveness and get more involved with local people -- they DO need help and the US is responsible for the vestiges of their economic problems and low wages.
Good luck to you then, so sorry for being defensive, I actually am sorry , sorry for wasting my time being baited by you and your condescending patronising rant from the get go, making assumptions about people you dont know and generalisations aboout others, but as I said Ive seen it all before, sorry your not the first one to ride into town with your spiel, so yeah enough time wasted.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. - Darwin

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:38 am

Don't feed the Troll.

Happy Christmas everyone else.
Bienvenidos a Chaqueteo City.

Après moi, le déluge

questionsasked

Post by questionsasked » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:26 am

Nothing. I have been blessed with a network of philanthropists who will be helping Chileans.

Do you think that Chileans deserve outside assistance?

* Instead of the constant inflow of expats who buy their land, live better than they do, get underpaid?
* Chileans have a positive outlook and deserve the know-how that expats bring to their country.
* Every expat should be required to serve the Chilean people in some way, not just by purchasing things.
* Your expat lives are self-serving, aren't they? American lawyers and investors have searched the world for the best meat for themselves and then promote these "opportunities" on the internet. Meanwhile, local people get little to no benefit.

questionsasked

Post by questionsasked » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:29 am

41southchile wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:23 am
questionsasked wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:48 am
sorry for wasting my time being baited by you and your condescending patronising rant from the get go, making assumptions about people you dont know and generalisations aboout others, but as I said Ive seen it all before, sorry your not the first one to ride into town with your spiel, so yeah enough time wasted.
Your arrogance is not surprising. I came to this forum to find out how best to incorporate a philanthropy in Chile. The owner of this forum is an attorney, right? It's sad that expats in Chile think that helping Chileans is beneath them.

questionsasked

Post by questionsasked » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:30 am

fraggle092 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:38 am
Don't feed the Troll.
What do you do to help Chileans?

questionsasked

Post by questionsasked » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Gloria wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:29 pm
questionsasked wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:26 am

You said: * Instead of the constant inflow of expats who buy their land, live better than they do I don´t think you are feeling well.
You said:* Every expat should be required to serve the Chilean people in some way, not just by purchasing things. Mucho COLA DE MONO!!!
You're hostile, I'm not.

I invite you to prove your assertions here. Chileans are chronically underpaid, do you deny this? They are in debt over their heads because corporations allow them to buy on credit with very high interest.

questionsasked

Post by questionsasked » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:57 pm

Okay, maybe that's true, maybe it's not. It sounds like you are doing well financially.

But I know many Chileans who ARE underpaid. And it's not because they don't produce. It's because they are taken advantage of.

I think Chileans are satisfied with a comfortable house, food on the table, family and a reasonable amount of extra money for some extra things.

I am concerned about the condition of homes in southern Chile and the lack of financial resources made available to Chileans for basic home improvements.

Maybe you live in the North where it's warmer. Maybe you don't know people who are struggling in Osorno, Futrono, Entre Lagos, Puerto Montt, Temuco.

I can't stand it when people say that Chileans are lazy. They are NOT lazy. They are underpaid so they don't have the motivation to work harder.

--> Do you think it would benefit Chileans to work with people who can help them with efficiency? Sustainability? Community food production and sustainable agriculture systems?

That's what my philanthropy does. It is NOT a charity, it seeks to better the condition of Chileans. They are a good people who are family-oriented. They are group oriented and could do amazing things for each other. That's why I am starting a philanthropy that will pay Chileans to help other Chileans. The only thing they need to produce is better communities, safer neighborhoods, warmer houses, better businesses and healthier people.

Do you support this?

Thank you.

questionsasked

Post by questionsasked » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Yes, I speak, write and read Spanish. But I don't like the Spanish language. I consider it a language of colonial oppression. I like the way Chileans speak Spanish, though. They use Spanish very creatively.

To suggest that I am not qualified to help other humans because I am not Chilean simply falls short of what we can do for each other as humans.

This is why I complain about expats: They want the best meat for themselves and they don't give back to Chileans, just take advantage of the fact that most Chileans live below a standard of living that is comfortable. Chileans are NOT comfortable, they are struggling, but they also live above the poverty line. At the same time, expats and Chilean elitists who are western educated are running the country WITHOUT giving back to the great Chilean people. I feel that is wrong and should be firmly stood against.

I'll say it again. My philanthropy seeks to raise the standard of living for Chileans. We will start with home renovations and local food systems.

Your thoughts?

Thank you.

questionsasked

Post by questionsasked » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Sorry, "hon." You have a very negative attitude. That's a shame.

I think YOU are living in some alternate reality and maybe aren't even Chilean, just posing as a Chilean on this forum. You don't want the best for others, you would rather look down on them and say negative things and try to discourage them from improving their lives. That's a sad way to live, Gloria.

If you haven't noticed, Valdivia benefits from a well-funded university system and the standard of living there is higher than in most rural areas because student money is pumped into your town. No questions that college towns like Valdivia have more money floating around.

But not Osorno, Puerto Montt, Futrono, Entre Lagos and other out of the way places where most of the population is still struggling.

Maybe you don't know many Chileans outside of Valdivia and so you are limited in your understanding of how a couple outside of Pucon could be living with holes in the roof, a half built front porch to keep the water out and a stove that smokes the inside of the house. Maybe you can't imagine this because you are living in a wealthy city. Again, you have a negative way of looking at the world and other people and you should be called out for it.

Have a nice day.

questionsasked

Post by questionsasked » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Trump's your hero?

Enough said.

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:59 pm

You never answered my question.......and all the talk of strong family values and philanthropists........is GOD involved?

What have I done? So far 5 Univercity degrees, give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach a man to fish feed him for life....

If someone doesn't have the wherewithal to get up on the roof and fix a hole, I would run in the opposite direction......
It's all about the wine.

questionsasked

Post by questionsasked » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:02 pm

Sorry, I didn't see your question earlier. What have you done for Chileans is my question.

Is God involved? God is always involved, but my philanthropy does not follow a religion. Religion is not what we practice. Does that answer your question?

I think that people in southern Chile have home insulation problems that are more than just leaky rooftops. That's what I'm talking about. Making homes comfortable in southern Chile will take education and a program that donates materials to people who want to improve their homes.