How to apply for residency when married to a Chilean?

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Gloria

Re: How to apply for residency when married to a Chilean?

Post by Gloria » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:15 am

admin wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:47 am

When i retire i'm going to write a book " adventures in expat relocation"; or simply "crazy crap that expats do". Probably wont get russel crow to play me in the movie version, but should still be entertaining
maxresdefault.jpg
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

JohnG

Post by JohnG » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:52 am

Britkid wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:04 pm
You probably want to go straight to official documents and websites for your main source of how to do this, and just look at these kinds of articles to add a bit of colour.
Yes, this is what I'm having trouble finding believe it or not. Thank you for your articles... I did not see them.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:57 am

JohnG wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:52 am
Britkid wrote:
You probably want to go straight to official documents and websites for your main source of how to do this, and just look at these kinds of articles to add a bit of colour.
Yes, this is what I'm having trouble finding believe it or not. Thank you for your articles... I did not see them.
I posted the site in my post.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

JohnG

Post by JohnG » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Britkid wrote:
I did write up my personal experiences a few years ago. You may or may not have already found the below on search.
I did, but there were a lot of dead links at this point. I'm getting there though...

JohnG

Post by JohnG » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:54 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:57 am
JohnG wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:52 am
I posted the site in my post.
I've looked for your post a few times that should have this info, but I could not find it.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:36 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:24 pm
(1) Search is your enemy, do not use search.
(2) If you cannot apply for permanent residency after the first year of work visa, you can switch over to the spouse visa.
(3) Yes, you want to apply under the spouse visa for permanent residency.
(4) US Embassy for info.......that was a joke right? Would the Chilean government be the best source of info for a Chilean wanting US residency? Like most countries, Chile has an internal immigrations agency and the rules are spelled out quite clearly as for example on the extranjeria.gob.cl site.
(5) You can pay someone but the spouse visa has got to be one of the no-brainer visa apps of Chile and many on this very forum (search is your enemy) have done it on their own even me with my shitty high school and college Spanish skills.
If you still don't know about that official government immigration site, then it may be best to pay the owner of this forum to do the application.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

JohnG

Post by JohnG » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Jeez, I'm blind... sorry. Obviously I know the site. I have a work visa. But I had clear instructions from my employer. However, I've finally found the section I needed on the site. I understand for those of you that have done it...you've been there and done that. But for me, it was not so clear... sorry