Temporary visa for financiers question

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

tiagoabner

Re: Temporary visa for financiers question

Post by tiagoabner » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:20 pm

Space Cat wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:27 pm
tiagoabner wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:21 pm
I'm also not saying that's not true. I just happen to haven't ever searched for sources in English about immigration to Portugal due to having access to lots of content in Portuguese. Maybe that's an Eastern European thing, I'm not sure. Did these posts reflect the recent changes in Portuguese immigration law that are valid since the middle of 2017?
Sure, I understand – just pointed that it wasn't a Chilean immigration bias. 🙂

I was reading the latest threads from 2017-2018 and also a group in Telegram with messages from the last week. Unless everybody missed those changes, the rules seem to be similar.
I've been in Portugal for a couple of months and the whole visa process went pretty much as expected, with no hiccups as long as I followed the instructions. We were discussing this on this thread a couple of months back and I can PM you to discuss this further, assuming you're interested in discussing it and your acquaintances you mentioned still keep having trouble with that.

The main bootleneck is the "Foreigners Office" interview, which has a large waiting period at Porto and Lisbon. Out of there it takes way, way less. I got my interview for the first week in the country and my paperwork was all set within a month.

Space Cat

Re: Temporary visa for financiers question

Post by Space Cat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:27 pm

tiagoabner wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:20 pm
I've been in Portugal for a couple of months and the whole visa process went pretty much as expected, with no hiccups as long as I followed the instructions. We were discussing this on this thread a couple of months back and I can PM you to discuss this further, assuming you're interested in discussing it and your acquaintances you mentioned still keep having trouble with that.

The main bootleneck is the "Foreigners Office" interview, which has a large waiting period at Porto and Lisbon. Out of there it takes way, way less. I got my interview for the first week in the country and my paperwork was all set within a month.
Thanks, but I think they are going into EU through Poland after all. But if you’ll ever write about the process in a blog or have a link to a nice guide – please share it here just in case someone else needs it.