Expired RUT and working while waiting for Sujeta a contrato visa

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

ChrisM

Expired RUT and working while waiting for Sujeta a contrato visa

Post by ChrisM » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Hey there,

So my situation is as follows; i arrived to Chile with a Working Holiday Visa which meant i was given a RUT. This visa has since expired and i have been looking for a job offer so that i can apply for a sujeta a contrato visa. It looks like very shortly i will be offered a job and they want me to start working as soon as possible.

Now this is where i am confused... see some friends have said whilst waiting for new visas they continued to work and issue boletas with expired Ruts without ever applying for the permission to work with a new visa in tramite.
So because i already have a Rut (albeit expired) do i need to ask for the permission to work whilst it is in tramite or can i just start working using my old Rut ? (Will my Rut stay the same with a new visa?)

I read one thread where one guy worked "illegally" until his permission was granted but i assumed he didnt have a Rut at all and this is why it fell into the "illegal" category.

Thoughts?