Steps after Cedula PD received

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Follower2

Steps after Cedula PD received

Post by Follower2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi all!
I base in Chile like rentier with income from abroad. Just received cedula of permanencia definitiva, where it's mandatory necessary to be registered / checked-in ? Fonasa? AFP? SII? Bank accounts?
Thanks for feedback.

Gloria

Re: Steps after Cedula PD received

Post by Gloria » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Nope. None of the above.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Follower2 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:32 pm
Hi all!
I base in Chile like rentier with income from abroad. Just received cedula of permanencia definitiva, where it's mandatory necessary to be registered / checked-in ? Fonasa? AFP? SII? Bank accounts?
Thanks for feedback.
AFP and SII come in 3 years since the first visa date because you'll need to start paying taxes.

Bank accounts – CuentaRUT + Cuenta Ahorros in BancoEstado are good enough. You can use CuentaRUT's debit card and keep excessive money on Cuneta Ahorros.

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:51 pm

To answer the question, you ae supposed to "register" your address at your LOCAL PDI and any future change of adreess in that locale. But from reading the forum, not everyone does this. In fact I failed to register my recent change but I'm sure they are too busy policing or perhaps too busy "working at ignoring" other national-level immigration matters than come after me for such a simple low-level "violación".
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:38 am

Space Cat wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:35 pm
Follower2 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:32 pm
Hi all!
Thanks for feedback.
AFP and SII come in 3 years since the first visa date because you'll need to start paying taxes.

Bank accounts – CuentaRUT + Cuenta Ahorros in BancoEstado are good enough. You can use CuentaRUT's debit card and keep excessive money on Cuneta Ahorros.
?????
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!