chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:56 pm

And this:
French generals accuse Macron of treason over UN Migration Compact

A group of French military generals have addressed an open letter to President Emmanuel Macron accusing him of “treason” over the adopted UN Global Migration Compact in Marrakesh, Morocco.
The full letter from the French generals has been translated from the original French.

Mister President,

You are about to sign the “Global Compact on Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration” on 10 and 11 December, which establishes a genuine right to migration. It may impose itself on our national legislation through pre-existing treaties or the principle of common responsibility set out in this pact.

It seems to us that the only sovereignty that will remain with France will consist in freely setting the way in which the objectives of the pact will have to be implemented. You can not give up this new part of the national sovereignty without a public debate whereas 80% of the French population considers that it is necessary to stop or regulate drastically the immigration. By deciding alone to sign this pact, you would add an additional reason for revolt to the anger of an already battered people. You would be guilty of a denial of democracy or treason against the nation.

In addition, the finances of our country are drained and our debt is growing. You can not take the risk of an expensive call for air migration without first showing that you will not have to resort to more taxes to meet the objectives of the pact. On the other hand, you must be able, in terms of security, to curb the consequences linked to the arrival of extra-European populations. Finally, you can not ignore that the very essence of politics is to ensure security on the outside and harmony within. However, this concord can be obtained only if it maintains a certain internal coherence of the society alone capable of allowing to want to do together, which becomes more and more problematic today.

In fact, the French state is late in coming to realize the impossibility of integrating too many people, in addition to totally different cultures, who have regrouped in the last forty years in areas that no longer submit to the laws of the Republic.

You can not decide alone to erase our civilizational landmarks and deprive us of our carnal homeland.

We therefore ask you to defer the signing of this pact and call by referendum the French to vote on this document. You are accountable to the French of your actions. Your election is not a blank.

We support the initiative of General MARTINEZ against the signature of this pact which must be adopted by the Member States of the UN at the Intergovernmental Conference of Marrakech.

General Antoine MARTINEZ

Charles MILLON – Former Minister of Defense

General Marc BERTUCCHI

General Philippe CHATENOUD

General André COUSTOU

General Roland DUBOIS

General Daniel GROSMAIRE

General Christian HOUDET

General Michel ISSAVERDENS

Admiral Patrick MARTIN

General Christian PIQUEMAL

General Daniel SCHAEFFER

General Didier TAUZIN

Colonel Jean Louis CHANAS
http://freewestmedia.com/2018/12/14/fre ... n-compact/
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Japan's Abe regime has passed its "temp migration law" to bringing in foreign workers much needed to supplement its declining birth rate. Japanese young kids does not wanting to commit themselves to working long hours any longer and only interviewing with those future employers if they meet the job applicant requirements! New gen young people just want hard play but NO Trabajo, go figure, changing world vs the hard working generation of yesteryears...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ja ... d3f7e03a44
TOKYO — Japan’s parliament passed an immigration law Saturday that aims to attract 345,000 foreign workers over the next five years, seeking to plug gaps in the country’s rapidly shrinking and aging workforce.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s government forced through the law despite protests from opposition parties that argued the legislation was vague and hastily drawn up. Critics also claim it fails to address the question of social inclusion and rights for foreign workers.

But the law is driven by some inescapable demographic pressures. The fertility rate has fallen to 1.4 children per women, far below the replacement rate of 2.1, while the population is already dropping by about 400,000 people a year.

That places a significant burden on Japan’s economy, with fewer taxpayers and more dependents. The proportion of people over 65 years old has already risen to 28 percent — one of the highest in the world.
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:37 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:07 pm
Japan's Abe regime has passed its "temp migration law" to bringing in foreign workers much needed to supplement its declining birth rate. Japanese young kids does not wanting to commit themselves to working long hours any longer and only interviewing with those future employers if they meet the job applicant requirements! New gen young people just want hard play but NO Trabajo, go figure, changing world vs the hard working generation of yesteryears...

TOKYO — Japan’s parliament passed an immigration law Saturday that aims to attract 345,000 foreign workers over the next five years, seeking to plug gaps in the country’s rapidly shrinking and aging workforce.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s government forced through the law despite protests from opposition parties that argued the legislation was vague and hastily drawn up. Critics also claim it fails to address the question of social inclusion and rights for foreign workers.

But the law is driven by some inescapable demographic pressures. The fertility rate has fallen to 1.4 children per women, far below the replacement rate of 2.1, while the population is already dropping by about 400,000 people a year.

That places a significant burden on Japan’s economy, with fewer taxpayers and more dependents. The proportion of people over 65 years old has already risen to 28 percent — one of the highest in the world.
What you posted says it due to falling fertility rate, which is common knowledge, I.hear if current birth rates continue and their was no immigration, Japan's population would be 1 in the year 3000. It seems like the move to a play a little more and don't work yourself to death culture of yesteryear maybe a good thing.
Good on the Japanese youth for looking for a better work life balance, (and Japnese women looking for more rights) for some the changes away from the yesteryear culture may just save their lives.

"Suicide in Japan has become a major national social issue.[1][2] Japan has a relatively high suicide rate compared to other countries, but the number of suicides is declining and as of 2013 has been under 30,000 for three consecutive years.[3] In 2014 on average 70 Japanese people committed suicide every day, and the vast majority were men.[4] Seventy-one percent of suicides in Japan were male,[2] and it is the leading cause of death in men aged 20–44.[5][6] By 2016, suicide rates had reached a 22-year low of 21,764, that is, men decreased by 1,664 to 15,017 and women decreased by 597 to 6,747.[7]"
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

Space Cat

Post by Space Cat » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:48 am

Some Chilean diplomats got caught for issuing over 200 fake student visas in Nepal and India, $7,000-8,000 per visa.

Fiscalía formalizará a dos diplomáticos chilenos por tráfico de migrantes
https://www.biobiochile.cl/noticias/nac ... ntes.shtml

at46

Post by at46 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:09 am

Space Cat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:48 am
Some Chilean diplomats got caught for issuing over 200 fake student visas in Nepal and India, $7,000-8,000 per visa.

For those who don't read Spanish, they didn't just issue fake visas. They actually set up a fake educational establishment in Chile to bring in those fake students. Many of whom later moved on from Chile to the United States. Which kinda makes me think the pressure from the US is the only reason the scheme ever got uncovered at all.

One of the diplomats, while on his previous diplomatic duty in Bolivia, was caught trying to dump some Bolivian imports into Chile.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:48 am

Another real life message from the non-elite rabble: I have reported previously that many low to mid-level professional positions are being taken away at lower wages (sometimes near minimum) by predominately Venezuelans with their free higher education accomplishments and usually higher English language ability. My step-daughter who was fired like many Chilean ground staff from LATAM Chile in the past year (and who like many predatory Chilean companies probably replaced her with the above earning less) is temporarily working at a VTR call center. Almost all the other employees there are Venezuelans and Colombians BUT the latest word is that they will be axed due to Chilean customers complaining that they can't understand them. She was the Gullier voter that I had some heated discussion with before and after the recent election who probably now sees the light.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 pm

at46 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:09 am
Space Cat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:48 am

For those who don't read Spanish, they didn't just issue fake visas. They actually set up a fake educational establishment in Chile to bring in those fake students. Many of whom later moved on from Chile to the United States. Which kinda makes me think the pressure from the US is the only reason the scheme ever got uncovered at all.

One of the diplomats, while on his previous diplomatic duty in Bolivia, was caught trying to dump some Bolivian imports into Chile.

yea, that is probably the source of the very noticiable spike in email we recieved that last few years out of india and south east asia looking for student visas. you can tell from the tone they had no interest in schools in chile, and often were blatent about their intent to commit visa fraud. they would be like i "i want a student visa", followed by direct questions about how long to get cotizenship, etc. no questions about what they wanted to study, schools, admision process etc. thing a real student will ask.

seems half of these were using chile to get a foothold in the united states.

of course there was a bunch of scumbag argentinans involved in it.

we dont do visa for india, exactly because of the high level of corruption and fraud involved. even if we did, we dont do student visas from any country.

the kicker. at least one of these diplomats was sanctioned before for a similar scam. a clear case of bachelet turning a blind eye, with actuel goverment official involved.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

HybridAmbassador

Post by HybridAmbassador » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:33 pm

41southchile wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:37 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:

Good on the Japanese youth for looking for a better work life balance, (and Japnese women looking for more rights) for some the changes away from the yesteryear culture may just save their lives.
Well, the new gen kids grew up with too many toys so they think life can be earned with out hard work. No matter how you put it, you've got to work hard if wanting to secure your retirenment life more enjoyable free of any worries. But today's kids ( in case of Japan ) and I'm sure same there in Chile too they all expect easy life, just inmmesrsed in their smart phones even when crossing a busy car ways. Just the other day in Tokyo sidewalk, seen a teenager girl on a byke pedalling towards me with left hand grasping a cup of soda and her hand resting on the steering bar and the right hand busily texting on her SNS without paying attention to where she is going then she almost could have hit me if I did not take an evasive action ! That is the situation right now in Japan ! Japan should enact a la Korea, an obligatory military boot camp training at least for a year, then these lasy youth genre will learn of what it takes to survive and work for their living...All these said, these kids parents should take the blame for their kids up bringing...Oh what a changing time...
HybridAmbassador. Toyota Hybrid system for helping climate change.

eeuunikkeiexpat

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Snowflakes, snowflakes everywhere even if there is no snow or in the middle of summer :!: :mrgreen:

--eeuunikkeiexpat

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:50 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:48 am
My step-daughter who was fired like many Chilean ground staff from LATAM Chile in the past year (and who like many predatory Chilean companies probably replaced her with the above earning less) is temporarily working at a VTR call center. Almost all the other employees there are Venezuelans and Colombians BUT the latest word is that they will be axed due to Chilean customers complaining that they can't understand them. She was the Gullier voter that I had some heated discussion with before and after the recent election who probably now sees the light.
Shame on VTR. Colombians and Venezuelan speech is way superior to Chileans by far. Plus their telephone manners are exceptionally the best.
Ask for the REAL reasons why your SD was fired from Latam-Chile. Chilean workers performance and productivity on the job is at the bottom of the list worldwide. I have seen it first hand, live and in color when 3 public workers had as a mission the task of hanging a fire extinguisher. Took them on my watch 15 mins! EMBARRASSING!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:06 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:33 pm
41southchile wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:37 pm
HybridAmbassador wrote:

Well, the new gen kids grew up with too many toys so they think life can be earned with out hard work. No matter how you put it, you've got to work hard if wanting to secure your retirenment life more enjoyable free of any worries. But today's kids ( in case of Japan ) and I'm sure same there in Chile too they all expect easy life, just inmmesrsed in their smart phones even when crossing a busy car ways. Just the other day in Tokyo sidewalk, seen a teenager girl on a byke pedalling towards me with left hand grasping a cup of soda and her hand resting on the steering bar and the right hand busily texting on her SNS without paying attention to where she is going then she almost could have hit me if I did not take an evasive action ! That is the situation right now in Japan ! Japan should enact a la Korea, an obligatory military boot camp training at least for a year, then these lasy youth genre will learn of what it takes to survive and work for their living...All these said, these kids parents should take the blame for their kids up bringing...Oh what a changing time...
I hear this a lot , the blame game , in fact if you look back in history it is something that has been going on for 100s of years, "the new generation is notas good as ours, they are lazy" just look at how the parents of the 1960s teenagers were outraged at all that they stood for in those times, those dan lazy hippies " Anyway, I dont really see the point in intergenerational blamimg, but for arguments sake , I actually have faith in the current generation coming through, you could say they sure have a lot of shit and problems to sort out in the world the way it currently is, but they also have a lot to be thankful for from the previous generations.
Maybe the older generations could give them a bit of a chance, after all the young generation are a direct result of their actions.
Comuna Loncotoro Lakes Region Chile

at46

Post by at46 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:46 am

Gloria wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:50 pm
eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:48 am
My step-daughter who was fired like many Chilean ground staff from LATAM Chile in the past year (and who like many predatory Chilean companies probably replaced her with the above earning less) is temporarily working at a VTR call center. Almost all the other employees there are Venezuelans and Colombians BUT the latest word is that they will be axed due to Chilean customers complaining that they can't understand them. She was the Gullier voter that I had some heated discussion with before and after the recent election who probably now sees the light.
Shame on VTR. Colombians and Venezuelan speech is way superior to Chileans by far. Plus their telephone manners are exceptionally the best.
It's true, of course, that Colombians and Venezuelans speak a much clearer version of Spanish than most Chileans. But from my personal experience dealing with both Movistar and VTR support over the phone, it's pretty rare to be able to actually get something done, regardless of the nationality on the other end. Haitians are completely useless, imho, while Colombians and Venezuelans, while eager to help, do not get enough support from their Chilean colleagues somewhere down the line, it seems. To get things done I go to Movistar or VTR offices and I have by now figured out the very few middle aged Chilean women there who get things done without mistakes. These rare gems usually have a line-up of people wanting to see specifically them regardless of the number in the line-up they were assigned by the system.