chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

admin
Site Admin

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by admin » Thu May 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Naa, just another case of chileans descrimating for all kinds of arbitrary things, but not quite getting it right.

Just they seem to not get how to do it correctly. Like being racist against people with darker skin, in their own family; or like calling their best frends "flaka", or "gordito". They like to descriminate, they just seem to fail at the aplication point.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Naa, just another case of chileans descrimating for all kinds of arbitrary things, but not quite getting it right.

Just they seem to not get how to do it correctly. Like being racist against people with darker skin, in their own family; or like calling their best frends "flaka", or "gordito". They like to descriminate, they just seem to fail at the aplication point.

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu May 10, 2018 6:02 pm

admin wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:38 pm
Naa, just another case of chileans descrimating for all kinds of arbitrary things, but quite getting it right.

Charles, FYI calling someone "flaca" or "gordito" is only a nickname given to a friend known for a long time in a loving way setting them apart from the rest. In any way, shape or form is considered to be discriminatory. Chileans mostly discriminate (althought they will deny it til the day they die) based on the color of the skin. As far as I know, religion is not an issue, never was....(on the other hand...they are not fans of Jehova Witness shoving the bible down their throat....neither am I). Now if someone calls you..."flaco concha tu madre" and looks pissed off....be aware!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

Donnybrook

Post by Donnybrook » Thu May 10, 2018 6:35 pm

admin wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:15 am
There is some rather stange hostility to jews in the south.

My wife and i were having dinner one night with this couple we had just met. Out of the blue the husband just goes off on this nasty anti-semtic rant. Probably one of the worse i have ever heard in person. His wife turns to him (her family is german) , and goes "what hell you talking about your whole family is jewish"?
This isn't just in southern Chile. It is not anti-semitic but anti-Israeli - you could argue that it is the same thing, I suppose. It happens everywhere the young Israelis go travelling after they finish their military service. They are banned from some places and unwelcome in many. It has to do with behaviour not religion. trying to bargain down every price, hard partying, lack of manners, sense of entitlement - those are the things which people complain about. Add in some recent actions by the Israeli government and you are all set for a less than warm welcome.

A bit of reading about the problems:
https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/1.5212611

A long but fascinating read about "the book":
https://www.outsideonline.com/1823786/book

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:45 pm

One group of Israelis that are notorious are the young ones let loose on the world after finishing their Military Service.
There have been a spate of reports of their obnoxious behaviour from the Patagonia. In fact I remember reading a letter in the Mercurio a few years back from a member of the Chilean Jewish establishment apologising for their behaviour.

Just Google "israelítas expulsadas chile" to see what I mean.

Pity.

Oops, I see Donnybrook has already posted in a similar vein as I wrote the previous. Oh, well....
Après moi, le déluge

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu May 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Yep, the I country's citizen who burned down a lot of TDP definitely ddn't help them in improving their lost image.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Thu May 10, 2018 7:39 pm

mem wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:35 am
I even came across sone radical propaganda on the internet
https://carlosagaton.blogspot<dot>cl/search?q=patagonia
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

mem

Post by mem » Thu May 10, 2018 8:40 pm

eeuunikkeiexpat wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:39 pm
mem wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:35 am
I even came across sone radical propaganda on the internet
https://carlosagaton.blogspot<dot>cl/search?q=patagonia
This is the radical propaganda site i was referencing in the previous comment

https://isisandislamlatinamerica.blogsp ... brace.html

I think its ridiculous. Just a radicals wet dream "Mapuche and Rapa Nui converted and will embrace Islam in Chile"

Simply not going to happen

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 11, 2018 10:03 am

Many Years ago i tried join up with a group of isrealies back packing through central america for a while.

Learned few things.

1. Dont travel with young isrealies. They most likly just got out of the military, and have habit of all waking up at 5 am to start yelling at eachother.

2. Dont travel with young isrealis. Because they yell at eachother all day, no one wants to rent rooms to you.

Julito

Post by Julito » Fri May 11, 2018 10:37 pm

I had a conversation with a group of them once in Oz.. They'd just finished their military service, their former officer was still calling the shots and he was an obnoxious prick. I tore into him, told him he was setting a terrible example and being a shit ambassador for his country. He was shocked and didn't know whether to piss, fart or wind his watch. :)

proger

Post by proger » Sat May 12, 2018 12:53 pm

gee all those damm Israelis goona mess up my life in Patagonia jajaaa

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Sat May 12, 2018 8:15 pm

proger wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:53 pm
gee all those damm Israelis goona mess up my life in Patagonia jajaaa
Not hard to avoid them, or anyone in Patagonia for that matter, it's not overcrowded with tourists like in NZ for example, just stay off the beaten track and you can go weeks without seeing any foreign tourists if you like.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.