chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Gloria

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by Gloria » Sun May 06, 2018 6:45 pm

HybridAmbassador wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:53 pm
Nice rural hotel by the way. However, why stay fee are not shown in your website?
Because prices do fluctuates and is a pain to change in a website, however if you go to FB you´ll see promotions.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Julito

Post by Julito » Sun May 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Spot on Gloria. Or go to the booking.com page, check the prices then ring us direct so we're not paying 14% commission to them. You can also contact us direct via the website.

Outside holiday seasons we'll go 1 better and give you a discount if you book direct, or give you 3 for the price of 2 depending how long you might want to stay. Happy to negotiate. We're currently setting up discount deals with various thermas, or alternately the heated pool and spa at the Enjoy Park Lake Hotel.

passport

Post by passport » Sun May 06, 2018 7:31 pm

I think the Chilean police forces are considerably better than any US regional force, and gangs need easy access to guns........that's not happening in Chile.......the home grown delinquents are easily intimidated I've found in dealing with them and I'm an old dude......
What’s your favorite means of intimidation?

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Mon May 07, 2018 7:22 am

.''the home grown delinquents are easily intimidated I've found in dealing with them and I'm an old dude......'

Delinquents from only 5 or 10 years ago and today's delinquents are not the same.They are getting more and more brutal.Most of the crimes,including murders , never get reported on national TV stations.Home invasions, unheard of 10 years ago ,are now normal occurrence.
One example from today:''Apuñalan y asesinan a parcelero en su propia casa en Talagante ...
www.t13.cl/.../video-apunalan-matar-par ... casa-talag...

18 hours ago - Dos hombres habrían ingresado a una casa a robar y tras enfrentarse con el dueño de esta, lo atacaron con un arma blanca.............

nwdiver

Post by nwdiver » Tue May 08, 2018 4:04 am

passport wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:31 pm
I think the Chilean police forces are considerably better than any US regional force, and gangs need easy access to guns........that's not happening in Chile.......the home grown delinquents are easily intimidated I've found in dealing with them and I'm an old dude......
My cane
It's all about the wine.

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Tue May 08, 2018 8:01 am

nwdiver wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:04 am
passport wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:31 pm
My cane
"Cane"? .
Make them angry or humiliate them and they can easily burn your house down.Delinquentes in Chile are rapidly catching up with Latin American trends.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Tue May 08, 2018 10:10 am

I hope you got a James Bond 007 type of cane....you´ll gonna need it!
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

proger

Post by proger » Wed May 09, 2018 12:43 pm

41southchile wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:49 pm
Yeah let's keep throwing crap onto the Haitians shall we I mean we already have some really high stock immigrants here we don't need those dodgy Haitians round these ways.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/german-in ... ains-free/

Don't get me wrong this area down South wouldn't be what it is today without them and their hardwork but there's a lot of dodgy stuff went onto with the Germans. Haitians certainly couldn't be any worse, or Dominicans or Venezuelans or Cubans or Asians who were all mentioned on the radio this morning amongst the 600 or so that Admin mentioned lined up in Puerto Montt. While there maybe some bad apples along the way with any immigrants many will probably contribute positively to future generations, just like the Germans, but without the free land I guess. Like the Germans all immigrants are looking for a better life and Chile will be better off with them eventually, just like Chile has become better off with all the freedom of travel and emigration of Chilens to other countries, especially in the last decade or so with all the young gaining international perspectives with their ability to live in other countries and apying that back in Chile.
oopsi
I sure hope that there no Jews haters down in Patagonia :(

41southchile

Post by 41southchile » Wed May 09, 2018 6:43 pm

proger wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:43 pm
41southchile wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:49 pm
Yeah let's keep throwing crap onto the Haitians shall we I mean we already have some really high stock immigrants here we don't need those dodgy Haitians round these ways.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/german-in ... ains-free/

Don't get me wrong this area down South wouldn't be what it is today without them and their hardwork but there's a lot of dodgy stuff went onto with the Germans. Haitians certainly couldn't be any worse, or Dominicans or Venezuelans or Cubans or Asians who were all mentioned on the radio this morning amongst the 600 or so that Admin mentioned lined up in Puerto Montt. While there maybe some bad apples along the way with any immigrants many will probably contribute positively to future generations, just like the Germans, but without the free land I guess. Like the Germans all immigrants are looking for a better life and Chile will be better off with them eventually, just like Chile has become better off with all the freedom of travel and emigration of Chilens to other countries, especially in the last decade or so with all the young gaining international perspectives with their ability to live in other countries and apying that back in Chile.
oopsi
I sure hope that there no Jews haters down in Patagonia :(
In private I am sure there are but no open hostility like you might see in Europe, even though it has been going down in Europe there as been a bit of an increase again I see in last few years due in part to an increase of Muslim immigrants into Europe it seems.
In the Lakes Region Chile for 6 years. It looks like New Zealand in some ways, and is nearly at the bottom of the world too, but there the similarities end.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 10, 2018 10:15 am

There is some rather stange hostility to jews in the south.

My wife and i were having dinner one night with this couple we had just met. Out of the blue the husband just goes off on this nasty anti-semtic rant. Probably one of the worse i have ever heard in person. His wife turns to him (her family is german) , and goes "what hell you talking about your whole family is jewish"?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

mem

Post by mem » Thu May 10, 2018 11:25 am

admin wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:15 am
There is some rather stange hostility to jews in the south.

My wife and i were having dinner one night with this couple we had just met. Out of the blue the husband just goes off on this nasty anti-semtic rant. Probably one of the worse i have ever heard in person. His wife turns to him (her family is german) , and goes "what hell you talking about your whole family is jewish"?
So a Jewish guy, married to a German goes on an anti-jewish rant?? Was he a secular ethnic jew hating on the religious jews? Otherwise it doesnt make much sense

I have noticed some religious Jewish communities in region 9 inland. They really keep to themselves...almost never see them in public. It does seem odd that they would choose to live here out of all the other places there are to live for jews. I dont think its a matter of being here generationally, though i suppose its possible. I would prefer them over the other unnamed religio-ethnic group any day of the week. It is not a phobia when they actually do want to kill you. I can only hope the deeply entrenched catholic culture here acts as repellent to any invasion immigration attempts such as are happening to many countries that have lapsed into an oblivious secularism that leaves a void for radical actors to influence disillusioned youth for violence

mem

Post by mem » Thu May 10, 2018 11:35 am

I even came across sone radical propaganda on the internet that had this grand plan to take over the world...so i looked closer at the plan for chile (was shocked it was even in the 'plan'). Basically the plan was to form an alliance with disenchanted indigenous groups like the mapuche, arm them, train them and then take over. Honestly it seemed pretty far fetched. I just cant see the mapuche aligning with a radical foreign religion as nutty and murderous as that one. I think it was just a radical pipe dream. They cant even establish and keep dominance over a couple of backwater countries in the middle east where it would be far easier culturally. I tend to think invading europe and the US will at least keep them occupied for a long enough time, meanwhile this factional war between Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Israel etc is another diluting effect. South America has got to be the absolute last geo priority on their list to be culturally or practically conquered...such as that list is. Of course there are a lot of hillux's and basketball shoes here...rpg's not so much, well maybe in Brazil