chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Julito

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by Julito » Thu May 03, 2018 2:23 pm

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Looks like about 80,000 applications in the first 10 days.

I want to clarify something, as i am getting emails from passing forum readers and just general inquiries from people that already filed under this program. Mostly people that we would not be able to help anyway / not our market.

If you apply under this special one time registeration process, we can not help you. It is totally out of channel irregular beucracy, and i'm not attaching our name to any success or failures related to the final results. We will not track applications for people under this program, and we will not assist with appeals if the aplication is rejected.

Wish you the best of luck; but, you are on your own.

So please do not contact us about it. I am simply not going to waist a lot of time answering emails about it. Contact the department of immigration directly about the status of your application under this program or if you have a problem.

Anyone else, with a regular immigration application, contact us as normal through the info in my signature or at the bottom of the page.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Julito wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:16 pm
Yours isn't the experience of employers here. Nor is it what I observe every single day ie. Haitians boarding early morning bus's and heading off to work. They've obviously got full time jobs somewhere, as do the many I see working around town.
Well they seem to have abandoned La Serena. Not many here now compared to a few months ago, even fewer actually working, perhaps they all went to Villarrica.....
Après moi, le déluge

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 pm

fraggle092 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:59 pm
Julito wrote:
Yours isn't the experience of employers here. Nor is it what I observe every single day ie. Haitians boarding early morning bus's and heading off to work. They've obviously got full time jobs somewhere, as do the many I see working around town.
Well they seem to have abandoned La Serena. Not many here now compared to a few months ago, even fewer actually working, perhaps they all went to Villarrica.....
risa.jpg
risa.jpg (139.85 KiB) Viewed 231 times
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. Anótese, comuníquese, publíquese, archívese.
Please remind me the reasons why I decided to come back!

Julito

Post by Julito » Thu May 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Perhaps some did, they'll all be networking on where the best prospects for work can be found.

A story... about October last year my wife got talking to a lady around the corner who has an 8 room hostel. We were looking for someone who could do a half day manual labour for us and the hostel was housing Haitians. They'd all gone to work for the day but the lady took my wife through the hostel to show her the "big surprise". The Haitians rooms were all clean, tidy, beds made and the kitchen left spotless. She expressed regret she'd have to kick them all out to take advantage of the coming holiday season. Come the holiday season she didn't. Draw your own conclusions...

thisisreallycomplicated

Post by thisisreallycomplicated » Fri May 04, 2018 12:04 am

fraggle092 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:59 pm
Julito wrote:
There was a group of about 6, when I was getting on the bus from Coquimbo to La Serena earlier today. And there's 1 guy that I've seen at the gym. But it's been a few months since I've seen him. I have no idea if they're working.
“Now it’s conspiracy – they’ve made that something that should not even be entertained for a minute, that powerful people might get together and have a plan. Doesn’t happen, you’re a kook, you’re a conspiracy buff!” – George Carlin

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Julito wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:03 pm

She expressed regret she'd have to kick them all out to take advantage of the coming holiday season. Come the holiday season she didn't. Draw your own conclusions...
My conclusion is that the landlady had packed them in like sardines at $100.000 cash a month each and was making more money that way than she had ever done before. No pesky IVA of course.

Antofagasta: El 40% de nacimientos en el hospital regional en 2017 correspondió a madres extranjeras

So that's where they all went....

Fuente: Emol.com - http://www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/2 ... jeras.html
Après moi, le déluge

Julito

Post by Julito » Fri May 04, 2018 5:58 pm

Well your conclusion is dead wrong. She says they're the best long tenants she's ever had and she decided to continue with them year round for the steady predictable income.
Another story... a bloke who is a guard at our condo has 2 rental properties in Villarrica. He too speaks highly of his Haitian tenants. "They're clean, they're working and the rent is ALWAYS paid on time".

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Julito wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 5:58 pm
Well your conclusion is dead wrong. She says they're the best long tenants she's ever had and she decided to continue with them year round for the steady predictable income.
But that's exactly what I said. Not wrong at all. She is making more money from packing the Haitians in month after month than she did relying on sporadic passing trade in the Summer.
Après moi, le déluge

Julito

Post by Julito » Fri May 04, 2018 8:10 pm

I can assure you they're not "packed in" at all. My wife saw the rooms. What the lady has are clean, tidy reliable long term guests rather than re-boarding the "feast or famine" Summer/Winter treadmill. It's probably the first time she's ever had some predictable financial security and good luck to her. And good luck to her guests for not being turfed out onto the street last Summer, they too get some stability in their lives.

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:05 pm

Julito wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:10 pm
I can assure you they're not "packed in" at all. My wife saw the rooms. What the lady has are clean, tidy reliable long term guests rather than re-boarding the "feast or famine" Summer/Winter treadmill. It's probably the first time she's ever had some predictable financial security and good luck to her. And good luck to her guests for not being turfed out onto the street last Summer, they too get some stability in their lives.
Nice. It sounds like the one place in Chile that's not exploiting these hapless immigrants with overcrowded, squalid and dangerous accommodation. Just Google "Chile Haitianos incendios". Admittedly $3.000 per day doesn't buy very much, but:

How many staying per room?
How much do they actually pay per month?
How many staying there total?
How many communal toilets?
Washing facilities available?
Kitchen?

Hacinamiento is defined as more than two tenants per room in those conditions btw.
Après moi, le déluge

Julito

Post by Julito » Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 am

Read my post again re the kitchen. Just checked with my wife, she saw a normally configured hostel with no "extra" beds shoved into the rooms. It's a hostel that's been happily accommodating Chileans, back packers etc in budget accommodation for years. It wasn't set up recently to exploit Haitians and there're still a couple of rooms kept available for short term guests, who of course will pay a higher rate than the long termers.

Oh so cynical, not everybody is out to exploit.