chile's migration crisis

Anything related to legal issues, immigration, problems, regulations, tax issues, or any other law or legal related problem in Chile. Moderated By A Chilean Attorney.

Moderator: Zvalenzuela

Gloria

Re: chile's migration crisis

Post by Gloria » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:54 am

Their website still working, no signs of any kind. LAW "reorganization" is only a drop in the bucket. Still other airlines doing the route.
I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm from the generation of common sense, wisdom and unfiltered answers. I sayeth as I seeth.

Harry2017

Post by Harry2017 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:38 am

Gloria wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:27 pm
Harry2017 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:48 pm
admin wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:17 am
Miami herald has a great article on the haitiens in chile:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation- ... picks=true
Great link Admin,
thanks for the post, very informative
Let's get some answers directly from "the horses mouth" ( is just a saying) because Harry is a Haitian living in Miami. Were you able to get your siblings to Chile and how? Perhaps you may be able to " clear the air".
Yes Gloria,
my guys in chile all transited first to The Dominican Republic, by Bus From Haiti, than Fly from DR to Chile with layover either in Panama, or Colombia.
I do not think you can Transit though the US without a US Visa. the flight would have been much cheaper if they were able to transit in Miami.
this all trip cost money paper work, passport in Haiti. Visa and transportation to DR, an unnecessary return ticket from Chile to DR or Haiti that will never be used. You can see why an airline might like that deal. they know these return tickets will not be used so they can double sale these seats or reallocate them for something else.
I reluctantly participate in that Chile deal as I'm not fully convinced it is a good move

Gloria

Post by Gloria » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:37 am

Thank you for answering Harry2017. I totally agree with you. Those airlines have been accused of human trafficking however even though you claim....I reluctantly participate in that Chile deal as I'm not fully convinced it is a good move you did it anyway.
You see, "your guys" are here in Chile for sure illegally and we are not happy about it. They came as false "tourists". You need to understand that Chile´s a small and poor country. It has been overrated by publicity that´s not accurate. There´s hardly any industry, jobs are scarce, resentment is growing and with the overrun of Haitians that have no skills, some are coming already with illnesses, no knowledge of the language with a questionable religion and culture, plus other illegal immigrants, it has become a time bomb ready to explode and the crap is going to reach far. Trust me.
There´s no denial about it, 99.9% of chileans are racists and classist and things will not change ever. That´s how WE are, period. We have no toleration for skin darker than the mapuches. Some will make you believe otherwise by "showing you their teeth" in a smile but the truth is totally different behind doors. So knowing all that, you are exposing your siblings to the worse degradation ever.
Now, with the exodus of cowardly Haitians out of Haiti what would be the future of your country? What your people have to look forward to? What would be written in the history books for other generations? I´ll tell you....that for Haitians without any pride was easier to run away with their tails between their legs to invade other countries such as DR, Brazil, US, and now Chile instead of fighting for their own. You and yours should´ve stood up and demanded answers to the Red Cross for the US$500 millions donated for the quake in 2010 the same way as your countrymen come out to the streets in foreign soil "demanding" for immigration rights. You and yours should´ve raised your voices to your own president asking for the 2 billion 422 millions 202 thousand and 996 dollars the world has given and continues to give to Haiti. There´s where all your efforts should have made a difference versus invading other countries and taking advantage of their sacrifices that has made them what today they are enjoying.

bobserb

Post by bobserb » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Here is how at least 20% of chileans live. They will have to compete with new immigrants for scarce low skilled jobs.Single mother of six,or older chilean man, will have to compete with young single haitian or venezuelan man .

http://www.lidersanantonio.cl/impresa/2 ... incipal/3/

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 pm

The DGAC has suspended the license for LAW airline to operate in chile.

http://www.latercera.com/nacional/notic ... law/96923/

Hummm, the first working day of the pinera administration and they are suspended. Why did the bachelet administratration not do it?
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

frozen-north

Post by frozen-north » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:25 pm

admin wrote:
admin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:52 pm
The DGAC has suspended the license for LAW airline to operate in chile.

http://www.lidersanantonio.cl/impresa/2 ... incipal/3/

Hummm, the first working day of the pinera administration and they are suspended. Why did the bachelet administratration not do it?
From the article you linked to it seems that the suspension didn't make any difference, and it seems to have nothing to do with the new government.
La resolución de la DGCA se debe a que la línea aérea, tras cancelar sus vuelos e iniciar un proceso de reorganización, anunció nuevos destinos en sus rutas que no han sido presentados y aprobados por el organismo.
From Wikipedia:
Two months later, on March 10, facing the inability to use Jorge Chávez International Airport as a technical stop effective March 15, LAW announced that it was suspending operations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_American_Wings
LAW-Latin American Wings on Friday, March 9, announced it was suspending all operations. The airline blamed the suspension on competition from other low-cost competitors.

Previously in January 2018, the airline closed down its domestic operations in Chile, concentrating on international flights to Lima in Perú, Port-au-Prince in Haiti, Caracas in Venezuela and La Romana in Dominican Republic.

Recently, the Peruvian authorities conducted an investigation that led to the suspension of LAW flights to Peru from March 15, after many passengers suffered from cancellations and big delays because of the lack of aircraft.

https://worldairlinenews.com/2018/03/10 ... perations/
Are you aware of any comments on this topic from the opposition during the Bachelet government? Did they make any comments on the immigration from Haiti?

fraggle092

Post by fraggle092 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:03 am

frozen-north wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:25 pm
Are you aware of any comments on this topic from the opposition during the Bachelet government? Did they make any comments on the immigration from Haiti?
There are a lot of questions that ought to be answered: the reasons and timing that permitted this uncontrolled Haitian influx, the unusual tolerance of the PDI in allowing these economic migrants unconvincingly disguised as "tourists" to enter with their yellow envelopes, and the silence of parliamentarians of all sides on this issue, which imho shows what an isolated bubble they inhabit. Also shows how much power the executive branch of government wields as opposed to Congress which mostly limits itself to political theatre and dreaming up new laws (as if there aren't enough of them already).

All will be revealed sooner or later, now that the instigators have been replaced. The Chilean media treats government deferentially for fear of reprisals to criticism, especially when it comes to losing advertising revenue.

As for LAW, "fly-by-night" in all senses describes their activities, as detailed in the previous post.
Après moi, le déluge

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 am

Pretty vague but they are talking about a new immigration law again.

http://www.pulso.cl/economia-dinero/nue ... tranjeros/

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Harry2017

Post by Harry2017 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Gloria wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:37 am
Thank you for answering Harry2017. I totally agree with you. Those airlines have been accused of human trafficking however even though you claim....I reluctantly participate in that Chile deal as I'm not fully convinced it is a good move you did it anyway.
You see, "your guys" are here in Chile for sure illegally and we are not happy about it. They came as false "tourists". You need to understand that Chile´s a small and poor country. It has been overrated by publicity that´s not accurate. There´s hardly any industry, jobs are scarce, resentment is growing and with the overrun of Haitians that have no skills, some are coming already with illnesses, no knowledge of the language with a questionable religion and culture, plus other illegal immigrants, it has become a time bomb ready to explode and the crap is going to reach far. Trust me.
There´s no denial about it, 99.9% of chileans are racists and classist and things will not change ever. That´s how WE are, period. We have no toleration for skin darker than the mapuches. Some will make you believe otherwise by "showing you their teeth" in a smile but the truth is totally different behind doors. So knowing all that, you are exposing your siblings to the worse degradation ever.
Now, with the exodus of cowardly Haitians out of Haiti what would be the future of your country? What your people have to look forward to? What would be written in the history books for other generations? I´ll tell you....that for Haitians without any pride was easier to run away with their tails between their legs to invade other countries such as DR, Brazil, US, and now Chile instead of fighting for their own. You and yours should´ve stood up and demanded answers to the Red Cross for the US$500 millions donated for the quake in 2010 the same way as your countrymen come out to the streets in foreign soil "demanding" for immigration rights. You and yours should´ve raised your voices to your own president asking for the 2 billion 422 millions 202 thousand and 996 dollars the world has given and continues to give to Haiti. There´s where all your efforts should have made a difference versus invading other countries and taking advantage of their sacrifices that has made them what today they are enjoying.

I don't think they are there illegally because they have followed all the rules that allow them to be there
I believe they are allowed to be there for 90 days and if they overstay they have to pay a fee to renew or apply for temporary residency they pay fees like everybody else
My guys have all applied for temporary residency.
I'm not a fan of being in any country illegally

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Post by eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Back in the old days, the forum would place the fear of God into visitors from "developed" countries (wannabe expats and/or perpetual tourists from the USA, Canada, Australia, NZ, UK, Germany, etc.) that eventually PDI would question their "tourist" status and limit their stay or even reject entry.

And back in those old days, PDI actually questioned these no-impact-on-Chile-jobs,-social-services-or-social-order-but-who-did-have-money-to-spend-in-country "tourists".

Technically, lying about being a "tourist" is illegal but fast forward to 2015, Batchofshit and Co. orders PDI to pay little or no attention to persons that should have received a lot of scrutiny.
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 pm

Explicitly mentioned by the new administration was implementing couciler visas for haiti and other countries.

Whi h i think all the way around would be the best quick fix until chile gets solid immigration policy sorted out and clears the backlog at immigration.

It would stop haitiens making it all the way to the airport in santiago, just to be sent back to haiti and a long list of other problems.